tuscl

OT: Attack on Saudi Oil fields scant attention from the media

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
The recent attacks on the Saudi Oil fields by Iran supposedly seems to be getting scant attention from the media. Anybody sense this?

One of the reasons the US dollar is the world's currency is because we are expected to keep the spice ( a Dune reference ) flowing.

Hell there was more talk of war after Iran shot down a drone than when they now disrupted the global oil supply.

I suspect the US will respond in more than just a token way.

44 comments

• Nidan111
    5 years ago
    The Media LOVES IRAN. Why the fuck would they cover bad shit they do?
  • CJKent (Banned)
    5 years ago
    “The United States has a long history of provoking, instigating, or launching wars based on dubious, flimsy, or manufactured threats.“

“From the Boston Tea Party to the Gulf of Tonkin incident, we keep manufacturing wars for the financial benefit of the one percent.”

“My mom is a nurse; my dad is a pediatrician. They were born in the 1940s, and they were both inspired to fight against injustice, whether it was the injustices of the Vietnam War or Watergate or children in poverty or oppression of African Americans in Philadelphia where I was growing up.”

~Jake Tapper
    Jacob Paul Tapper (born March 12, 1969) is an American journalist, author, and cartoonist.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    It must be fun to quote things that are entirely out of context and irrelevant to the actual topic.

It’s part of the liberal narrative to ignore the actions of nations that harbor terror in the hope that nobody will notice.

It’s detestable conduct. This is the same type of liberal ignore tactic and revisionist history that occurred last week on the 18 anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks when the NYT tweeted that “airplanes too aim at the twin towers” - it’s horrible journalism.

Ignoring Iran’s actions won’t help them to stop - it will just embolden a terror supporting country.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    No. I've seen numerous news stories about this. It has been the top story on the Google News main page since the day it happened. Haven't checked today, though.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    Ishmael yes - its reported. But the news reports appear to say its not Iran - and they question the Secretary of State's statements. Its odd - but since it doesn't fit their version of who should be the bad guy - they question the administration.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ so just out of curiosity do you know what’s actually going on here or are you just spitballing like everyone else.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    I'm spitballing - or freeballing as I prefer to call it - as it makes my balls tingle. Lol!

I'm guessing you disagree with my statements.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I’m not really sure about what’s actually taken place, I have my reservations about why we should be involved and I don’t trust this administration to tell us the truth about our actual involvement.
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    15 of the 19 9/11 terrorist were Saudi citizens, so we declared war on... Iraq.

Now Yemen terrorists attack a Saudi installation, so clearly we should go to war with... Iran.

Just spitballing here myself, but I willing to bet a wealthy country like Saudi Arabia can handle Yemen without our financial or military help.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    My question is who gets the biggest benefit from the destabilization of the oil market, seems to me that the Saudis have a major gain here, let’s take a step back and see what develops.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Echoing others’ comments - there has been near constant coverage but the media is searching for proof and there isn’t any. Not sure why the media is the villain there. We don’t have a good history of having proof before getting into wars in that part of the globe. Plus, it sounds like we’re waiting for the saudis to tell us who attacked them. This is why the khashoggi incident and siding with MBS right or wrong, matters.
  • Lone_Wolf
    5 years ago
    Yes, media coverage is picking up but it seems odd the lead off story on CNN is another vague accusation against Kavanaugh instead of a potential war.

They probably have nothing else to report yet.
  • mark94
    5 years ago
    With Iran and China we’ve been following the frog-on-a-stove strategy. Slowly turn up the temperature so they don’t realize they are being boiled to death.

With this attack, Iran may force us to turn the heat way up. A few well placed missiles could deprive them of oil revenue for many months. A few more could destroy their electrical grid.

Oil prices would go up and the Saudi’s may have to fight off the Iranian missile stockpile. I can live with that.

As a side benefit, the end of Iranian oil would send shockwaves through the Chinese economy.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Cashman... Not sure what news sources you're reading, but every story I've looked at has stated that the claim of credit from the Houthi rebels in Yemen lacks integrity because it would require a leap in strike capabilities that is, at best, nearly impossible, and that Iran is a more likely culprit. They aren't saying definitively that Iran did it, because they have no way to confirm that. But I don't see a single major news source that isn't giving a nod towards Iran.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    Wall St Journal reporting that we told Saudis that we’ve concluded the attacks were staged in Iran and provided proof. Kinda weird, but Saudis said they haven’t reached the same conclusion (yet) and that the evidence we provided was not definitive.

This isn’t our war. It could change but why are we contemplating war over an attack on Saudi oil?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    My initial thought is that the Saudis may have done this themselves since they've been adamant about significantly decreasing oil-supplies in order for oil-prices to go up - but that would be a pretty-drastic move so I can't argue that's what happened.

I doubt the Yemeni rebel group would have that type of sophistication - this is only an assumption though.

One would think Iran would have the desire to do something like this but then again one would think they would not do something so overt - but then again they've been seizing foreign ships so perhaps not such a long-shot they would do something like this.

It seems multiple-players would want something like this to happen from the Saudis to the Yemeni -rebels to Iran to the US - in the end pretty-hard for the avg civilian to truly know what happened.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    WE keep manufacturing wars for the benfit of the one percent? You're a fucking moron. Do you mean the American Revoilution? War between the states? World War 2? I know you're a progressive but do you eben think before you make the moronic claims you make? The Boston Tea Party was a fraud? Wow you must be SJG.
    Jimmy is the Saudis said that how does the Government survive unless they attack Iran?
    Lone - the "victim" in the story you mention is on record saying she recalls nothing at all, the NYT, a disgrace to journalism failed to mentiuon that in their daily fake news edition.
    The attack appears to be cruise missiles hitting on the opposite side of the oil facility from yemen. I would like to see a mysterious drone attack on Iran.
    For those of you who have jobs, you need to understand that a disruption in oil supplies means you will no longer have one.
    Will we be in a shooting war with Iran when it is too late to keep it contained or will it happen now when they are weak. If I had kids I would want it now, but I don't so I am planning a few weekends off for foliage season.
  • Hank Moody
    5 years ago
    I don’t understand your question to me.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    As I know the matter is being talked about, but the media just does not yet know what to say.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Via Google translate...

SJG said "My autism compels me to make a comment, but I don't understand international affairs so my comment must be broad and inane. I'VE NEVER SEEN A VAGINA!"
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    And CMI, tired out from sucking donkey dick all night, doesn't even know what he is saying.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I'd like to say that maybe your retorts will someday not sound they're composed by an 8-year old (with autism). But I think we all know that's not going to happen.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    ahem...

Saudi Arabia hates Iran, but it's also desperate to not be in a war with Iran.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Saudi Oil Refinery Attack Raises Fears of “Wider Regional War” Involving U.S. & Iran
    https://www.democracynow.org/2019/9/16/s…

1 hour ago

Gas Prices Expected To Be Affected By Saudi Oil Refinery Attack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACdx5RsH…

streamed 3 hours ago, 2 hours long

Saudi Arabia Oil Attacks - LIVE UPDATE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huYVfQmW…

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Yes. We all know you can post links...
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    The truth is - there is no shortage of hate in that part of the world.

If it wasn't for oil (and Islamic terrorists), I doubt we would find any vested interest to be engaged in that region.

On a different topic - Ishmael using Google translate on SJG's post is hilarious!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    CMI and Cashman1234, always having diarrhea.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Though it is considerate of you to promptly rush back to prove me right.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    just got high and read this thread. LMAO
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    CMI deserves to be on ignore.

SJG
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    Maybe you should post his name in your ignore thread. He already knows how you monitor threads for any attention!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    1 hour ago:

Sept 17, 2019 | Saudi Arabia's oil attacks leave no safe options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Kz8sUC…

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    How tensions over Saudi oil attacks could 'spiral out of control'
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyAkdqwt…

SJG

Snowy White Midnight Blues (hot looking girl)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKZN8qGd…

This Is The Blues [ 31 ] ~ 2008 ( Modern Electric Blues )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0iGSUCK…
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Again, we know that you can post links. Posting links isn't the same as knowing sweet fuck-all about the subject matter.
  • loper
    5 years ago
    Here is an article by David Frum, former speech writer for GWB and no pacifist by any stretch, saying that we should have no wars while DT is in the white house.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archiv…
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    Can someone confirm that Donald is locked and loaded with bananas
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Yes David Frum has lost it. Nothing would make me feel more secure than having a traitor the the Jewish people; a pretend native American or an elderly man with dementia as President. The Democrats had no chance of losing to George Bush when he ran for a second term -they lost; they had no chance of losing to a fucktard named the Donald Trump - they lost; they had no chance to lose to a lying fucktard named the Donald ...........

SJG poasting a youtube video is beyong fucking retarded.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I forgot, skibum still only watches Sesame Street.

SJG

Read the history of strip club legal issues:

https://www.amazon.com/Bottom-Feeders-Fr…

hot looking girl
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKZN8qGd…

Beth Hart
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_4e2-Sz…
  • loper
    5 years ago
    Interesting how skibum accuses everyone who disagrees with him as stupid, when it's well known that progressives on average have far more education than republicans.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    loper,

Progressive aren't educated, rather indoctrinated. I can make an exception for the professionals.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Trump derangement syndrome is a real thing, if you don’t think Trump is deranged you have it.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago

I do KNOW that President Trump deranges the liberal "mind"!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    Well, I'll quietly point out that I know some highly educated people who are imbeciles. And within that group I see no particular bias towards liberalism or conservatism.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    So you think his behavior is normal Clubbie, that's proof of something for sure, and it ain't good neither.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion