tuscl

Surprise, outdoor nudity

gSteph
The view from the other side of the room
Well, topless sunbathing. Went to local area park along river with wife yesterday to cool off in river (we swim a lot) and was surprised to see three young, beautiful women sunbathing topless. And absolutely nobody seemed to mind. Toddlers and puppies were splashing in the shallows, swimmers were swimming, others floating on their floats, readers reading their books in the shade.

This happens at some more remote or out of the way places around here, but this was 1st time seen in this park since maybe the late 70s, when you might have seen some happy stoners frolicking there (I was part of that crowd).

I hope this is part of a trend. I thought it was great, because, well, titties. My wife thought it was great because “it’s wonderful when women feel safe enough to just be as they wish to be”.

What’s the “coverage” at your local swimming spots? Nudity ‘outlawed’ by convention? Toplessness rare? common? Are people offended by such? Or is everybody good?

18 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    We have a nude beach down here in Miami but I rarely go there b/c it's often gay-guys w/ their man-hoses out on display.

I don't go to the beach that often here in Miami - I don't think topless is allowed but I've seen it from time to time in some of the regular beaches in South Beach - Miami being a party-town they don't tend to crack down on things too often.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Haulover Park in North Miami Beach has a nude section, as does Blowing Rocks in Jupiter, I don’t recall seeing a lot of gay guys, mostly older couples, even so not always the best of looks lol
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    “Hey baby, why don’t we get naked and sweaty and Haulover all over this beach...then afterwards we shall go a bit further and be Blowing my Rocks off.”

...yes I know I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I was expecting that lol
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Papi,

Did you ever do Columbus Day out at Elliot Key?
  • Clubber
    5 years ago

You say, "I don’t recall seeing a lot of gay guys". Please tell me you weren't looking for them?

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ No but if you were there I'd have noticed, and not for the reason you were hoping, ')
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    "... Did you ever do Columbus Day out at Elliot Key ..."

No - I haven't - but I've heard stories of how wild it gets in certain areas where boaters congregate on holidays where one will see boats w/ naked/topless women on them (and sometimes naked guys too).

@clubber - have you been there?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ Never did Elliot Key but I have done Peanut Island in Lake Worth Bay near Singer Island that scene is pretty fun.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    I think there is a nude beach at the Jersey shore - but I’ve never thought of slathering sunscreen on my pasty body and junk - and wearing only my dress socks and loafers on that beach!

That’s how you do it here in Joisey -
  • gSteph
    5 years ago
    Personally I love naked swimming, yeah for me that my wife does too. Did a little bit of it today.

Long as we're 100+ yards away from others, out of town, let's swim. No comparison between wet swimsuit feel and the way it was meant to be.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    Lmao cashman I am glad you’re posting again
  • JAprufrock
    5 years ago
    @Papi, Haulover is great, the best of the four c/o beaches I've visited (Gunnison in northern NJ, Black's in San Diego and Hanlan's Point in Toronto).
    Yes, these places tend to attract a lot of gay guys, but it's not like they're hitting on you and trying to grab your ass. Lots of older men and couples as well. But also quite a few younger women and MILF types.
    So there is nice scenery, but it's not really about that. Just feels great to be naked in the great outdoors under a warm sun.
  • vajmon
    5 years ago
    In the northeast (Mass, RI, NH) topless bathing is outlawed as "indescent behavior". People in this area are really untight about seeing titties, unless it relates to a feminist cause like breast feeding or cancer survivors who had mastectomies, then it's not just ok, its encouraged. In other words young hot girls can't show of their tits. Apparently it's because this area was founded by the Puritans and that influence still remains. Anyhow, as far as nude beaches, the only ones around that are allowed are the ones on the Cape (Provincetown) for queers. Again, in this area unless it's oriented towards feminists or homos, it's considered bad!
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Life is not as much fun as it used to be before there were computers to record everything. I remember once night back in my 20's. About 20 of us were having a house party at some friends house in Seal Beach CA. The house was a block and a half from the ocean.

Around 2am we all decided to go down to the beach and go skinny dipping. We took some beer, etc with us. I remember one of the girls was pregnant and there was also a Great Dane. We were having fun and there was nobody else around to bother.

Then 2 Seal Beach police arrived and using huge spot lights ordered all of us out of the water. They were backed up by 2 more cops that knew the party hosts. These two cops talked the other two out of busting us. The Seal Beach jail wasn't big enough for all of us and they would have to call for more help to take us to the county jail in Santa Ana.

Now a days you aren't even allowed on the beach at night.
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
  • ATACdawg
    5 years ago
    Sorry. Inadvertant post. 🙄
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Papi,

Used to take the sailboat there and it it could be as wild as you like it. Haven't been in MANY years, but I've heard it is nothing like the old days. A big part of that is, I guess, the National Park aspect of the place these days.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion