tuscl

"Reviews"?

Clubber
Florida
Seems a rash, recently, of "reviews" that are just a few sentences. One was just TWO sentences. Unless one is saying a club has closed their doors, a review can't be a few sentences and fall within the TUSCL review guidelines. That said, and with my limited time, I am going to concentrate on those "reviews". I also wonder about those that DO approve those "reviews".

10 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ break their fingers so they can’t post Clubber lol
  • Clubber
    5 years ago

I'm not a violent person, but seems I am forgetful since I posted this twice.

Really, how can one consider a couple of sentences as a review?
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    If they do get approved, post the names of the approvers and shame them.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    I shouldn't have to call them out if a legitimate TUSCLer. It's the freeloaders, I believe, that do that sort of thing. Likely a subgroup of TUSCLers that call themselves The CA!
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    sinclair (above), about a 10 year TUSCL vet, mentioned calling people out about sub-standard reviews. So here is an example:

I visited this place a couple of times over the oadt month and was very surprised to see that they had a good crowd on a monday night. I guess the ten dollar a dance pricing must be the draw. I tried a couple of different ladies including a 15 minute vip and thought the dances were good. Dancers range from bigger to average with a few attractive ones. It appears that they have new management and rules may be a bit tighter. When i came on a friday after 10 pm the cover was ten dollars instead of 5. Trying to get a drink is an incredible task as it always takes a while. Interior is a bit worn as is the parking lot. Conversation with a dancer is hit or miss. There are not many clubs left in the dayton area so i will probably return to this club for another visit due to value.

That, full screen, is about 4.5 lines of text. The TUSCL review guidelines mention a rather simple format. It is:
    Your review should be at least 4 solid paragraphs, with 4-7 sentences each.
    One paragraph should describe the club vibe. Mention cleanliness, thug factor, music level, dj annoyance factor, lighting, etc.
    Another paragraph should describe the dancers and their vampiness. How many were there? What ethnicities did you see? Did they seem happy to see you?
    A third paragraph should be about value. Don't say drinks, dances, cover charge, etc. were cheap or expensive. Tell us the actual costs!
    At least one paragraph should summarize with three or four sentences describing why you would or would not return to the club.

In my opinion, not a lot to ask. Now here are the reviewers:

minnow Not Enough Details
    mahatmakanejeeves
    sctripper
    mikeym
    Clubber Not Enough Details

minnow and I didn't approve. I wonder why the others did?

• Subraman
    5 years ago
    From here on out, I do not approve any reviews that fail to mention the adequacy of the craic
  • datinman
    5 years ago
    It is time for me to add a couple more reviews to get my VIP back. Unfortunately, I think I failed to make note of the "DJ annoyance factor", so I know my reviews won't get up voted. Damn.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Fuck the guidelines. You know what I got from that review you quoted? PLENTY. Monday is crowded, girls are large, so busy it’s tough to get a drink, and even if you do talk to a girl seems like the mileage is down from what I noticed. You could do better if you’re looking to get naughty, but it was cheap as fuck (with specific pricing) and there are strippers so I might give it a go on a Monday night sometime as at least I didn’t burn a hole in my wallet. The end. Totally useful info asswipe.
  • pistola
    5 years ago
    Stop being a fucking jackoff, clubber
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    5 years ago
    I don't automatically reject short reviews, but short reviews are certainly more prone to being rejected.

I do reject reviews that are written so generically that they could be about pretty much any strip club.

And those reviews are often pretty short.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion