tuscl

OT: Summer Weather ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
It's been a scorcher in SoFlo the last couple of weeks - the SoFlo high-humidity means anything above 90 feels more like over-100 - SoFlo summer-weather is usually low-90s to bout 95 but w/ the humidity it's a killer - the last 2 weeks or so we've had high-90s close to 100-deg which is not the norm - at least we've gotten a lot of heavy-rain to sorta cool things off although dealing w/ rain is a PITA (but it usually rains hard for half-hour or so and stops).

I heard on TV that this June was the hottest in history nationwide.

How's the weather been in your neck of the woods - heat, rain?

6 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I'm a bit concerned that w/ this supa-hot weather that we in SoFlo may be in for some hurricanes this hurricane season which officially lasts till end of November
  • Bavarian
    5 years ago
    That’s for sure, Papi. Get ready for some supa-hurricanes year after year. This is the new norm.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    @ Papi I have spent a lot of money to harden my home, what most folks don’t realize is that it only takes one bad storm to make a difference to you whether it’s a mild or terrible season.
  • GoVikings
    5 years ago
    its been hot. really hot. summer is my least favorite season. i really dislike hot weather. plus many sports are in the off-season during the summertime--which is another reason i don't like summer
  • Eric2100
    5 years ago
    The weeks where it hasn't rained here have been crazy hot. Fortunately this week we've gotten some cloud cover, even if it made for a somewhat drab 4th of July. It spared us from the killer heat/humidity combo that makes everyone feel ill.

I worry about the storms now, too, every year. My area is usually a pretty safe one, but like 25 said, it only takes one. A lot of my family lives close to the ocean and a hurricane that devastated the area would be brutal for us (and a lot of other people, of course).
  • RandomMember
    5 years ago
    Rainy in the afternoons and cooler in CO. For the first time I've been here, not a single part of the state is experiencing drought conditions. One fairly big hail storm and the storm chasers were out looking for roofing contracts. We have 200 yr old Ponderosa pines that look very healthy and green.

Great summer, so far, and perfect for cycling.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion