tuscl

OT: What Does Your Car Know About You? More Than You Might Think

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
You probably have to click into the thread for the link to work vs clicking on it from the Discussion view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJZXlroN…

8 comments

• joatmon
    5 years ago
    We need laws to restrict this type of collection and distribution, but good luck getting congress to do anything about it. Thanks for posting this.
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    So only drive cars built before 2008.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Yeah, you don't want LE to be able to use that kind of data to discredit you.

Need regulations to contain this. And also, need to renovate and offer alternative versions of cars.

Thanks Papi.

SJG
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    papi. this is old news. sure it’s becoming more sophisticated as time progresses. but literally any car and truck with a computer of any sort (for navigation, engine control, airbags, lane control, adaptive cruise control etc.) already has capabilities to record and allow electronic access to data about your driving. In some cases it dates clear back easily into the 80s and 70s.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Nationwide Insurance, who used to be my insurer, offered a discount if you installed a device that recorded your driving habits. How fast, braking. etc. I said fuck that.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    that type of device plugs right into that diagnosis port located inside the car near the steering column. very easy to retrieve the driving data that way.

usa cars have had this port since 1996.
  • Estafador
    5 years ago
    Yeah that's freaky. I can't even buy dope in my local crack alley without being watched. Drive a beater car for all your delinquent activities then lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion