tuscl

Racism in the NBA

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
It's common knowledge that the NBA logo is a silhouette of Jerry West.

WTF?!?!

If anything shouldn't have a logo depicting a white man it's the NBA. I think they should add an Artis Gilmore 'fro to the logo.

Seriously

16 comments

• Spillthebeans
    5 years ago
    I agree that the NBA is the top example if racism going unchecked. Where is the liberal public outcry for the selective hiring practices ??
    Come on 40 % of population is short and white, yet how many short white guys ???
    And the missing Asian & Latin players where are they ?
    What has happened to hiring to match the population ???
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Ever hear of meritocracy?

Fucking racist
  • NinaBambina
    5 years ago
    Spillthebeans, the NBA is entertainment. Hiring standards are based on talent, and who will be most lucrative for the franchises. Do you really think Asian men, in general, are more talented at basketball than black men?

Are you going to start complaining that you don't see enough fat ugly chicks at Hooters and Twin Peaks, too? Are you going to start a petition mandating they hire enough waitress who are overweight with saggy tits, to "match the population"?

And flagooner. You are having a meltdown and showing your hand a little too much with all these threads you've started recently about race and politics. You need to relax, go workout, go make yourself some lunch, or read a book that won't trigger your need to discuss race relations and divisive political issues.

It doesn't sound like you are healthy.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ yea flag what the heck is rong with you
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I bet you're in the south
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I totally agree - it should be a silhouette of a power-afro holding a watermelon for authenticity
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I think it’s flagooners time of the month
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    @Papi, or smoking a spliff of Loser Leaf would be appropriate for the NBA.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ you fucking racist - go back to your trailer-park
  • yahtzee74
    5 years ago
    hook, line, and sinker.

At this day and time I actually wouldn't be shocked to hear that complaint from a black person.

Actually a logo featuring Dr. J. (with a big afro) doing a soaring dunk from the free throw line might look pretty cool.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ or the patented MJ dunk with his legs spread out to the sides (but that may be trademarked by Nike)
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    It really should be a silhouette of LeBron because he's the undisputed GOAT.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I think it should be a silhouette of Founder

He's the goat 🐐
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Don't choke Papi.
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    For w/e reason the back of my throat is tingling
  • flagooner
    5 years ago