tuscl

RE: Unpublished reviews

Clubber
Florida
Sunday, June 2, 2019 8:19 AM
I know that when a review is published, those that approved it are noted. If one rejects a review, what then? Is the reviewer notified and shown the comments of why it was rejected? Showing them the comments would be good for them to at least know why they were rejected, in my humble opinion.

12 comments

• grand1511
    5 years ago
    Rejected reviewers must be notified. I've had PMs sent to me answering questions I've raised in rejecting a review.
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    Rejections ARE sent to the submitter. 97% of my rejections are for being too short. I always comment "Read review guidelines".
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    I like to give them helpful little tidbits, like: "What a shitty ass waste of 5 seconds of my life it was to read this pointles generic review."
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    @grand15 I notice you reject a lot of reviews which o/w seem passable, b/c the reviewer does not put down costs. While I think costs should always be noted, just b/c a review does not have them does not mean it does not offer anything else making it publishable. I'm def one for details, but I try to look at it as if the review offers some worthwhile info, it should be published even if it doesn't cover all pertinent info - lack of costs details should not 100% of the time be a rejection since this would be discarding o/w good-enough reviews. Just my 2-PL-cents.
  • grand1511
    5 years ago
    Umpires all have varying strike zones!
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    ^ there's no crying in baseball
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Papi, Cost is one of the most important part of a review, IMHO. Example, I have to decide on a club to visit. One cost $1000 on average, the other a couple of hundred. THAT really enters my thoughts in the decision. Now were I a js69, I would have a different outlook, but I would bet the majority here are a bit more frugal.
  • gammanu95
    5 years ago
    Three missing items that automatically merit a rejection from me (in no particular order): - Prices & costs - Mileage or extras - Quality & quantity of dancers Those are three top things I consider when determining which clubs to visit, and [imho] the three things necessary for a quality review.
  • Lovelyeast
    5 years ago
    some of you reject reviews because y’all don’t love yourselves.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    gam95, Here's the thing for me. Costs are pretty much the same for everyone, but mileage, extra, quality, and quantity are very subjective.
  • WillMunny
    5 years ago
    @Clubber, I pretty much agree with Gamma's essentials but I would use the term "level of contact" in place of "mileage" or "extras." It's not subjective to state whether I was allowed to touch a dancer anywhere vs. having to sit on my hands. I don't see how quantity can be subjective, considering every review requires selecting from a set range of options. (Just saying "there were a lot of girls" is vague but I assume that's why @Founder put the set ranges in). Quality, both of the dancers and the club/overall experience, is inherently subjective to some extent but the whole point of writing a meaningful review is to give enough information that someone else reading the review has a clear impression of what to expect. The bottom line to me is people need to write better, more substantive reviews for them to serve their intended purpose. Saying "Club looks same as always, beers were cheap, got a deal on dances with my hot favorite" just shouldn't cut it.
  • Clubber
    5 years ago
    Will, If I've written reviews on clubs before and on the next visit the club is the same, I reference the previous review and only cover changes, but still mention pricing.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion