tuscl

COMPUTER problems (not strip club related except when strippers have them)

So hasn't everyone here had their fair share of pc problems? I don't think it's that unusual to hear a stripper having problems if she has a pc. A stripper who's good with computers seems to be the exception.

M$ or microsoft money grabbers actually issued an older operating system update when they stated they weren't going to do that anymore. Unless my pc is more screwed up than I thought. Anyway that update should be called "click here if you want your pc to crash and you want to upgrade to new operating system, ka-ching for M$" sneaky M$ bastards.

my pc has a mind of it's own though, it's working again somehow. I'm not exactly sure what I did to it. It has a mind of it's own. Now M$ says I have 6 updates to do instead of just 3. I'm not sure how my pc managed to do that. If my pc does have a mind of it's own, it'll probably be learning from me and taking over the net.

What's your solution to fixing pc's? Threaten to smack it up?

5 comments

• casualguy
    18 years ago
    Actually I do see a pattern. I once stayed up during all hours of the night playing strategy war board games with friends shouting at each other sometimes into the morning hours. That was fun. Then some years later, I seemed to switch to playing pc war games late into the night. Now I seem to go to very loud clubs watching strippers late into the night. If I found some very entertaining pc games, I probably would stay home for awhile.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I used to play pc games. I don't seem to have much time anymore. Entertainment was the primary reason for buying a pc in the first place. If Linux could support all those old games, I probably would switch right away. Those old games work to escape reality if you got the time.
  • luckyone
    18 years ago
    You've got to just give up on the Microsoft shafting and move on. I've been running Linux for the last year and pretty much full time since the beginning of this year and, unless you are one of those people who play PC games, I haven't found much of anything I can't do. Oh yeah...and it is all free.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I believe a lot of problems seem to occur from doing those microsoft updates. Of course I've had some problems occur from doing other software updates. You happen to have some firewall running or something else that the creator of the software updates didn't take into account and then your system starts crashing. I wouldn't even do updates except you want to stay ahead of the hackers, viruses, and worms, etc. as much as possible. It tops the cake when system restore stops working and doing a windows reload doesn't even fix it. It's probably a corrupted file or some incompatible update or something checked somewhere. No easy answer.

It doesn't make me rest too much easier when I know I've hackers in my pc. One even asked me to join them just a few months after I first started using the internet. Then I started getting strange messages as if my pc sometimes had a mind of it's own. Even weirder is playing against the computer in an offline game where the pc player started acting smart on occasion as if it was learning from me. That's a bit weird for an old pc game. Oh well, weird seems to be normal for me on occasion.
  • SteelerDawg
    18 years ago
    Maybe I'm just lucky.. but I've never really had any computer problems. Oh, here and there a piece of hardware might go bad, and I've had to use system restore once or twice after being stupid.. but overall no problems. I dunno, maybe its because I've been building my own computers from the ground up these past ten years, installing everything myself.. hardware and software.. that I just don't run into the problems that a prepackaged Dell (for instance) would cause over time.

(No, I'm not an IT person.. its a hobby.. though I've built 2 or 3 for friends too)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion