tuscl

What is the rationale behind "asking for a friend" discussions?

Electronman
Too much of a good thing is never enough
Saturday, May 18, 2019 4:57 AM
I'm seeing lots of discussion threads that are posed as "asking for a friend" questions. What is the rationale for that framing? Is there some liability that is being minimized by stating that you are asking for a friend? Is this tactic similar to some of the reviews that write as if they were a dream--- "in my dream I had sex with three strippers, two soccer Moms and a midget at the club" Does either tactic have any benefits to the writer? Of course, I'm asking this question for a friend.

11 comments

• twentyfive
    5 years ago
    The insinuation that is asking for a friend means that person has no friends ;)
  • Warrior15
    5 years ago
    The insinuation is that " I don't need to know this, but my friend does ". When in reality, the person writing the story or question is in fact the person that wanting the information in the discussion. " My friend wants to know what it's like to wear woman's lingerie ".
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ That's what flagooner said about you, lol
  • shadowcat
    5 years ago
    It's a cover up in case your wife finds it.
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    Are you new to this planet? (Asking for a friend...)
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    It's a joke. See, he's not *really* asking for a friend *wink*
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    It’s a trope that extends far beyond this discussion board. Here are examples across all types of media. [view link]
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    But when I say it I really am referring to a friend.
  • goldmongerATL
    5 years ago
    Most times the friend is about 4 1/2 inches long and lives in his pants.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    Well, almost. But only when I'm aroused.
  • reverendhornibastard
    5 years ago
    I wonder how many advantage points you get for being hare-lipped, fat, stupid, short and ugly?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion