tuscl

Final 4 sex trafficking

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.

10 comments

• Warrior15
    6 years ago
    " Officials said they lured suspects using chats with undercover agents posing as minors or sex buyers on social media platforms to an arranged meeting place where they were arrested. "

Isn't this what is called entrapment ?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I would think posing as minors would be, but not as buyers.
  • jackslash
    6 years ago
    How were 28 victims of sex trafficking saved if they were undercover agents posing as minors?
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    The Attorney General recently said he appointed someone to head up a national effort on human trafficking. They are setting up permanent regional task forces on trafficking. Expect a lot more of these high profile prostitution stings masquerading as human trafficking busts.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    I don't know about the legalities, it appears that legal definitions have morphed into a gray area but more and more I see cops getting away with "bending" the laws to serve their purpose. It's just another step in our evolution into a police state. "Every cop is a criminal and all the sinners saints"
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Entrapment isn't something that authorities do. Its a legal defense that criminal defense attorneys use. What they have to do to prove that it was entrapment is to show that what the cops did, would induce, force and or coerce the average person to commit said crime.

So basically...... posing as an underage hooker for guys already looking for underage hookers isn't entrapment. It would legally be granting a criminal the opportunity to commit said crime.
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    The term trafficking get's tossed around with a little to much ease but it does still happen, it's also hard to prove and convict.

It's like little Bobby Kraft down in Florida, all those Chinese women didn't sign up to come over here and live in shit conditions so they could jerk and suck old dudes. But that doesn't mean they'll tell anyone about the people involved, especially if they have relatives still in China.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    I honestly have zero sympathy for men who think they are meeting an underage girl.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    And I'm sure there is a reason these stings go for the ones who like minors; much easier to get a jury to convict. Honestly if I was on a jury and there was a dude caught in a sting who just thought he was gonna go bang a 19 year old hooker? Jury nullification, can't be guilty of an unjust law.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Jester, its not a term tossed around lightly, it covers a lot of different situations from illegal street vendors being forced to pay a tax to street gangs, to illegal immigrants paying a debt to traffickers to sexual exploitation and commercial sex. Victims of human trafficking are often very afraid to speak out that's why amnesty programs exist.

James, I don't either.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion