tuscl

Review Approvals/Rejects

Clubber
Florida
I was just looking at a Florida review of a place I have visited a few times over many years. The review was rather lacking, in my opinion, especially since I've visited the club.

I looked at that review and a few others to check the "approvers". Didn't see a lot of "clubbing expertise" on a number of these members.

I thought, might there be a threshold of experience before one can approve or reject? Any thoughts on this besides mine? Any criteria that should be used, etc?

12 comments

• JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    At a minimum a reviewer should own a white three piece suit and have at least a half dozen front room make out experiences. Past employment experience as a bathroom troll would also be a big plus.
  • JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    Seriously, this is a good idea but it’s not practical. No way to agree on an appropriate threshold, and no way to enforce it even if there was.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    Maybe the threshold should be higher to both Approve and reject reviews. maybe five members instead of three.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Or 50
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    I think this is a good idea and don’t think it would be that hard to implement. There is obviously some code imbedded in the web site that allows only VIP members to see unpublished reviews. I would think it would be relatively easy to change that so the condition is not just VIP = True, but also Places > 5 AND Reviews > 10, or whatever the criteria is decided to be. Or we can just have Ricky Douchebag read and approve every review since he wants to control everything on the site. Since he’s a “certified super reviewer” I’m sure it would be easy for him.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    I'll go with evil. Couldn't be that difficult for founder. He seems to be pretty well versed in computers and software. I think the sticking point would be what JS69 mention, setting "an appropriate threshold". Again, if founder agrees to set a threshold, he sets it as he sees fit.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    I think that we could get a few more tweaks to the review process, one item might be to make being given the ability to approve reviews contingent on having at least 6 reviews or restricting approvals to folks maintaining uninterrupted VIP status for at least 6 months, that might cut down some of the buddies approving each other’s reviews not sure how to implement that though.
  • Dolfan
    6 years ago
    I think it may make sense to raise the bar on review approvals. I'm not sure what criteria make the most sense. I do like the places & reviews being in factors. I'd also consider joined date.
  • Harderlap
    6 years ago
    To me, approval of reviews would carry more weight if the approver had actually been to the club and could better judge the veracity of the review. Maybe another approval check box that says “I have been to this club and this review is accurate” and a reject one that says “I have been to this club and the review is inaccurate.” Perhaps some indication on the review if the reviewer has been to the club.

I have rejected reviews that did not accurately reflect the club being reviewed, even though they were positive and otherwise good reviews. In a couple of cases it was obvious that the reviewer was talking about another club, which I noted in the comments.
  • Nidan111
    6 years ago
    I, being one of the newer PLs on this site, think that the number of reviews that one has HAD APPROVED may be a fairly good method. After visiting numerous SCs over the last 8 months because of this site, I now feel confident in my ability to judge a review that is useful vs one that is pure bullshit. I think after I visited 5 SCs in different locations, I became more confident. I now know EXACTLY what to look for in a club and how to navigate each type of club. I remember Papi making fun of one of my comments on a post regarding a black club. I took no offense, but actually used his response to give that club a trial run; after which I then gave a review of that club. I now have an expectation of what to find and how to review such. So, after going to numerous “types” o clubs and reviewing them, I feel more confident in approving or rejecting reviews placed by PLs.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    I have aproved reviews of clubs that I have never ever been to and probably never ever will. I look some good info and some good feel of the club.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    Mister,

As they say, it's all in the details. I love the reviews that state they went in the club sat at the bar, had a couple of beers and saw a couple of decent dancers. End of review.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion