tuscl

George Washington Carver

flagooner
Everything written by this member is a fact.
Why is he so famous and celebrated? He did a lot of things with peanuts, but it seems like a lot of kids are allergic to them nowadays. Fucking Millenials. I don't remember anyone being allergic to peanuts when I was a young whippersnapper.

14 comments

• NJBalla
    6 years ago
    @flag your shitty posts made me slip up and buy a pack of 4 fruitcups at the store today. Mixed fruit. I used to like them as a child, but was underwhelmed.
  • pistola
    6 years ago
    Millenials be like: I'm gluten intolerant, except for avocado toast.

Millenials be like: "I cant believe people buy gas powered cars, gas is so expensive" while sipping $7 organic lattes.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    George Washington Carver was no fucking millennial that’s for sure. ;)
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    When you were a whippersnapper all the kids with peanut allergies died.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Straight up, natural selection;)
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Is this the guy that carved up the cherry tree ?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    No he’s the guy who carved up Mt. Rushmore;)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Shitty posts?
    Fuck you
  • jester214
    6 years ago
    Peanuts are awesome. One of the early famous black scientists.
  • ATACdawg
    6 years ago
    Actually, his first experiments were with crop rotation to improve cotton crops. One of the crops in his rotation was peanuts. Not surprisingly, this created an excess of peanuts in the market, very little of which could be used up by the then new peanut butter.

Carver came up with a number of products based on peanut oil, including paints and stains, cosmetics and even a patent medicine (utterly ineffective).

All of this was secondary to his use of nitrogen fixing plants (peanuts and cowpeas) to replenish soil drained of nutrients by years of cotton planting.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ Any chance I get, I replenish soil nitrogen, and especially around large trees which won't be cut down if the property is re-developed.

Getting artificial fixated nitrogen requires very high pressures and temperatures.

Everything has a use, even piss and shit.

:) :) :)

Carver did a good job in setting up a school with mostly used and donates supplies.

SJG
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    I prefer boiled peanuts. They are awesome
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I remember watching the 1976 Democratic National Convention and eating peanuts, in honor of Jimmy Carter.

SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I remember watching the 1976 Democratic National Convention and eating peanuts, in honor of Jimmy Carter.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion