tuscl

Disconnect explained

skibum609
Massachusetts
When Progressives see Trump they see a rich, entitled white guy. I see a liar and a cheat. When Progressives see Obama they see a black, male progressive. I see a liar and a cheat. When Progressives see Elizabeth Warren they see a native american, female, progressiove. I see a liar and a cheat. Comprende maricons?

48 comments

• MackTruck
    6 years ago
    I drive a shit truck and proud of it. I provide a much needed service to society. What do you do?
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    The way you despise the term "progressive" makes you sound like a whack job. Who opposes something progressive or progression? You support degression and social devolution.
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Those "progressive" fucks should more accurately be termed what their ideology & concepts pushed upon the masses ACTUALLY are - REGRESSIVE.

Fuck them. They intend to smother & eliminate free speech, the first amendment (among many others btw), thinking for oneself, personal liberties & freedoms and want each of us to conform to their whackjob agenda and be dependent entirely on them. No way. Fuck them and fuck that.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    So are all politicians liars and cheaters ?
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Warrior....yes!

The ONLY honest ones I've ever considered were jfk, rfk, Ron Paul, Chuck Hagel & Trey Gowdy.

That's it. Out of ALL of them.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    You mean they attempt to smother and eliminate bigotry. Your version of free speech is hate speech essentially
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    How do you keep a politician from drowning?

Take your foot off his head
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    What do you call a politician buried up to his neck in concrete?

Not enough concrete
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    What do you call 1,000 politicians at the bottom of the ocean?

A dam good start.
  • JohnTitor
    6 years ago
    Not true, Icey. That's a far too simplified and narrow interpretation.

The "progressives" absolutely don't want to smother & eliminate bigotry. They're the ones stoking racial tensions & shoving identity politics in everyone's faces, for fuck's sake.

My version of free speech is essentially being able to say whatever the fuck you want. It's up to the speaker to determine when, where and even IF whatever it is possibly spoken should or shouldn't be. Outlets that we used to never think were in jeopardy such as entertainment programming and especially stand-up comedy is dying because of PC bullshit.

Painting this with a broad brush as blanket racism is lazy and unimaginative on your part as well as the part of shitstain "progressives".
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Again, your idea of stoking racial tensions means attacking white privilege and allowing minority voices to be heard and to hold value.

Funny thing is, the government protects your "freedom of speech" while the private sector does not. You can say as you please in a public space, you can't do so in a private space or in private employment without fear of retribution. Hence why people like you spout your nonsense in a semi anonymous way online.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ just the fact that you’re posting here makes your statement irrational, but don’t stop now you’ve been proven to be as much as a liar as anyone, plus your own misogyny is off the charts, what a fucking fraud you are, even more of a fraud than dougster
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I'll stand by a statement I have made repeatedly both here and in other venues.....the longer a politician is inside the 495 beltway the odds increase they will put the needs of those they represent further down the list from their own and other special interest. Doesn't matter the party or where they are from. It's either in the air or the water not sure which but it has to be something that ingest all of them.

The term progressive as I understand it came about because no one for a period of time wanted to be known as a liberal.

From what I have observed on discussion boards in cyberland most of the progressive/liberal posters are the ones you can not have a logical conversation with no matter the topic or time line of which something occurred.

Although I do not agree with everything Trump has said and done there is merit to what he meant when he wanted to clean out the swamp and there is merit to believing the swamp will do anything and everything to hold on to what they feel is theirs.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    ICEY LOCO who is simply an arrogant little cunt makes a post about his pretend girlfriend calling her "my bitch". The idea this trans guy has any standing to criticize others is inane. White priovilege is a racist term. Amazing how racists think their racism is ok. see SPLC.
  • JamesSD
    6 years ago
    In general it's very hard for someone to rise in the ranks of politics without being both self obsessed and a little slimy. The late Paul Wellstone was one of the good ones, although even he clearly loved the attention and adoration. Jimmy Carter was a mediocre President but in hindsight was one of the few who was more interested in public service than lining his own pockets or helping his cronies and buddies.

In the end Arnold wasn't a bad Governor of California. The man is clearly in love with himself, but also could have made way more money not being governor and wanted to try to make California a better place in his eyes.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Charlie Baker is a good Governor; Mitt Romney was a good Governor and Bill Weld was a good Governor. Still doesn't mean they didn't cheat and lie.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Calling anti bigotry "bigotry against bigots" is an inane argument that won't get you very far.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Truth is painful Icey. You're a bigot, just a hypocritical sanctimonious bigot. When does your welfare check come in ...oops I mean what do you do for work?
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Opposing bigotry isn't the moral nor ethical equivalent of bigotry.

If you really opposed hate speech laws on an ethical note for example, you'd oppose them on the basis that it drives hate groups underground perhaps. But your argument is that you agree with such hate speech so it should be allowed. Big difference.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    No my argument is that hate speech to some, is the trutyh to others and that hate speech is specifically the type of speech protected by the First Amendment and the Skokoe case. You can make up anything you like, but I could not think you any dumber than I do now, so you're wasting your time. You aregue like a 14 year old, then again no man uses the term "bitch" in regard to someone in their life.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    Your argument is basically what I stated. And you include yourself among the "some" who view bigotry as the "truth." Truth isn't subjective....there are epistemological truths. If there were none, then the legal concepts such as reckless disregard of the truth would hold no value.
  • gawker
    6 years ago
    The term “progressive” has been hijacked by Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.. It, of course is derived from the word progress. Change MAY result in progress or it may not. Sklbum, I find it interesting that you select 3 Republican governors of Massachusetts who may or may not have been liars and cheaters. However they were relatively successful in a state where in the legislature the last 3 speakers of the house have gone to prison. Weld, Baker and Romney were generally conservative fiscally and more liberal on social issues. They balanced budgets, increased the state’s “rainy day fund” and usually kept the overwhelmingly Democratic legislature from shooting itself in the foot. Not bad for liars and cheats.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    It seems to me that "Progessives" are just for change, regardless of what that change is.

In some cases it is positive change, but usually it just seems like they want to do away with anything that has helped make this country great.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Change for the sake of change doesn't make sense...even if your entire platform was built on one word "Change"

As I asked someone in 2008 am I a progressive because I change my underwear everyday? The concept of change should be tied to other concepts such as improved efficiency or increased revenue, or more economical ( which doesn't seem to apply to the federal government)
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Other's have written about this. Conservatives seem to see the world as basically a bunch of rules you have to comply with, rules seemingly coming from the Middle-Class Family.

Progressives see all of this too, but we decline to accept it, seeing it all as oppression, and the people who go along with it as being idiots.

SJG

Ocasio-Cortez hopes to 'break this fourth wall' by responding to 'bad-faith attacks'
    https://news.yahoo.com/ocasio-cortez-hop…
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    SJG--no offense but I am trying to decide if this is correct or Dylan Stableford Senior Editor,Yahoo News

If it should read Dylan Stableford is a senior yahoo......I place this as example one of when I talk about media bias....the problem is when some guy comes along and drinks down this Koolaid as news because the guy is a Princeton Grad and four of his friends give him a trophy.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^ George Lakoff is one of the originators of the idea I paraphrased, but I am also giving my own read on it.

Don't you agree that Conservatives seem to judge people by their compliance with rules, which seem to originate in the pedagogy of the middle-class family?

SJG
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Gawker I worked on Welds first campaign for attorney general and Romney for Governor. The job creates dishonesty, but it's still the best system. When progressive politics isn't based on grubbing money from those who contribute and they actually cash the checks they write I might find them less laughable. Ocasio Cortes is stupid.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    AOC is one very smart Latina and she is already having a big effect.

SJG
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    She is a moron and her effect will be four more years of a loudmouth in the oval office. The green new deal, i.e pablum for the retarded.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    She is a moron and her effect will be four more years of a loudmouth in the oval office. The green new deal, i.e pablum for the retarded.
  • Cowboy12
    6 years ago
    Progressives are communists, they want to control your entire life.
  • AZFourTwenty
    6 years ago
    Progressives like chasing windmills. They rarely held their beliefs before seeking public office. They like touting freebies to get votes.
    Years ago, we got stuck with Obamacare to improve healthcare access. Now they want universal single payer because Obamacare doesn't work.
    Climate change is a critical problem in their eyes, but yet they live their lives in hypocrisy regarding their own footprint.
    They like to tax the wealthy "their fair share", even though something like 48% of taxpayers pay 0 federal income tax.
    It is very obvious the progressive views/actions of California have ruined that state, as wealth leaves and is replaced by poverty.
    They want income for all for basic subsistence. Ignoring the fact that we have had income subsidies (welfare, SNAP, Section 8 etc.) for years, with the problem getting worse, not better. Throwing more money at people is not the answer.

With all of the progressive proposals, you never hear how they are going to be implemented and paid for.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Fair share is a crutch statement when logic can't be used to prove a point.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ Never let logic get in the way of a good rant;)
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    coz its better to be regressive, right?
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Regressive is what an ignboirnt child who reads huffpo would say. Progressives never say how much anything they propse will cost because in order to do that trhey would be defeating their own proposals, i.e. berniue san ders the retard and his Vermont healthcare for all plan. In theory 89% of the voters supported it. Once they learned who wold pay and how much they smoked it at the ballot box.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    @Warrenboy: "Fair share is a crutch statement when logic can't be used to prove a point."
    ________
    You really are a pain in the ass, @Warrenboy. When you're confronted with getting your own facts straight, you change the subject. When you're confronted with changing the subject, you claim it's nitpicking. When you're losing a more important argument, you disappear. I'd rate your level of "logic" and objectivity on a par with @Mark94 -- only Mark is less annoying and condescending.

...you're welcome.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Ever notice that the louder one cries "fair share" the less likely it is that theyu contribute a dime? Fair share is what lazy welfare rats say.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    I also notice that when liberals don't have answer they tend to attack the messenger instead of provide an intelligent response......

Over the years as I found myself drifting away from the democratic party into independent status one of the things that always struck me funny about the call to arms for higher taxes is that the details became less and less definitive. And then I realized why. In the past when an increase was passed to support XYZ did you ever find that it either 1) solved the problem or 2) after the stated time of the needed increase the taxes ever reverted back to the lower level.

As for an direct answer to RA--there is a difference between getting ones facts straight and simply adding a word to Nobel. And how many times to you need for me to acknowledge it? My facts and comments are consistent. I don't recall losing an argument. What I do recall is simply shrugging my shoulders and realizing that everyone with an open mind ( which excludes you when it comes to politics) understood my point. Why waste more time and effort when it's like trying to herd cats?
    As for disappearing I do tend to log on and then not come back to the board for hours or even a day at a time. I wouldn't consider it disappearing as much as having a life.

I feel I am pretty level headed, even in dealing with you when your shorts are in wad and causing a rise in your voice to come through on your typed responses.......hopefully I crossed all my "t"s at the correct height....and I don't have any upside periods in my response.

I
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    "Progressives" don't look at Liz Warren and see a Native American. That is so tired. We know she's white, give it a rest.

And if I wanted to be a lazy welfare rat, I would not have stripped to pay for a degree. But I guess if I'm flying in jets here and there and getting cars bought for me, you can call my rich boyfriend my sponsor.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ hey there Nina are you back and is everything good in your life again;)
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    So she's part Native American and chooses to associate with that struggle. Big deal.

Skibum "lazy welfare rats" Do you use that language with your clients? You know, people suing to drain their spouse's resources that they feel entitled to....
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    I'd respond to your post Nina, but I would need to brush up on being inane first. Kudos to you for actually working, something all real Americans do without the expectation of compliments. She is not part native american and she lied about it and harvard got extra taxpayer money because they claimed her as a double minority. She is a liar and a cheat. So funny that in order for progressives to support you all you need do is fail. I represent the working poor Icey, so why would I call them lazy, welfare rats when they make their own way in the world? Kind of stupid of you to assume that the "resources" are their spoiuses. Maybe read up on the law and you will appear less stupid. I make 5x as much as my wife but they are OUR resources, not mine and if we ever split, she is entitled to half of OUR resources. Warren -By losing an argument Random is really saying wah, wah, wah.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    There ya go again getting your panties in such a twist that your asshole is showing, Skibum.
  • Icey
    6 years ago
    I think Skibum hates his job
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    This is like fishing in a 5 gallon aquarium.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Green New Deal is an excellent idea. But Universal Basic Income is an even better one. Universal Medicare is at least a place to start.

SJG

REP. NANETTE BARRAGÁN (D) CA, questioning Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, calling her a liar.
    https://www.democracynow.org/2019/3/8/lo…

Stones, Gimme Shelter, Atlantic City 1989, early Lisa Fischer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jARNrKiW…

Wicked Lady
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtRccgPd…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDg9ljov…

Title Track, favorite:
    https://youtu.be/ZtRccgPd8uU?t=1755
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion