tuscl

OT: computers

crazyjoe
Colorado
I have been using Microsoft products for a while. I had an issue with the google search using yahoo. Yahoo sucks ass! The problem I was having was supposed to be a setting. That did not fix the problem. After more research I found out it was likely a virus. I took it to the Microsoft store and at first they said settings are the problem but I told them I thought it was a virus. In less than 5 minutes they had the virus removed and sent me on my way. No charge, just a thanks for comming in and have a good evening...

This is not the first time they did something like this so I figured they deserve a shout out.

Another time I went in and it ended up being a hardware issue that I could live with. A setting needed changed to stop the issue. They said if I wanted a new one I could do an after warranty exchange for $450.00 This is a $1,000 machine. If I wanted to upgrade to the next model it would be $650.00. I will definitely be buying more from them in the future.

8 comments

• san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Probably need to get a good virus removal software and pay the money to keep it current. Sometimes when there is a new nasty about, you can update online to protect yourself.

SJG
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    I got the NFL cover on it so I can beat the hell out of it.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Smash that like button
  • SanchoRG
    6 years ago
    Windows defender plus common sense is a good combo
  • playfulsteve
    6 years ago
    Good on them for helping you out without soaking you. I hear so often from friends who aren't tech, about getting f'd over by stores trying to charge them an arm and a leg to fix what could be simple issues. I do miss the days of local pc shops being a thing that had knowledgeable people willing to help. If I was new to the pc game these days, I would be lost, as there isn't much out there besides best buy (the imbecile squad), and frys (not much better than best buy other than they have a better part selection........)
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Microsoft is trying to be more like Apple. Hopefully, their "geniuses" are nicer than the Apple ones. I hate going to the Apple Store.
  • crazyjoe
    6 years ago
    I agree that windows defender is awesome! I had another antivirus softwear and it messed up how the tablet functioned because Windows defender saw it as a virus.

@Warrior... when I forst bought the surface pro it was on sale ($200 cheaper) at another store. I accidentally took it off of wifi when it was doing an update and it froze. I couldnt turn it on. The store I bought it at has some very tech savy people but they coild not figure it out other than sending it in. They suggested the microsoft store first. I was imediately helped and they got it going and finished the updates before I left. They did not charge me even though i did not buy from their store.

They even informed me of free classes to train me on how to use it as well as how to use windows 10 which was very new. These were supposed to be group classes but I was the only one there so I got all my questions answered. They helped me sign up. I believe apple does something along the lines of classes also.
  • Lurker_X
    6 years ago
    Hm. I learned something on TUSCL. Microsoft has storefronts?

I will admit that I did not know Microsoft had their own branded laptops either, until last month, when I was helping a relative shop for a laptop.

It has just been so firmly ingrained in my mind that Microsoft was a software company, and sometimes a peripherals company.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion