tuscl

Klobuchar?

JamesSD
California
What do you racists, leftists and trolls think of Senator Klobuchar?

Original thoughts only please, no FOX talking points.

I feel like she can't carry the left and there aren't enough moderates for her to win the nomination. But I like her a lot.

5 comments

• Icey
    6 years ago
    I think like everyone else in the senate, she's a career politician. She supports a few nominal progressive measures while not doing much to push for any of them, and totes the party line on essentially all issues.

Either vote Green, or abstain. No need to support the shill 2 party system.
  • RandomMember
    6 years ago
    538 article about Klobuchar's electability:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/amy…

She's definitely to the center compared to candidates like Warren and Sanders (although to the left of O'Rourke). She's a former prosecutor, she has a good sense of humor and quick wit, so she'll probably do very well on the debate stage.

Most important issue (at least to me) is healthcare. Going for single-payer and throwing 155M Americans off their employer-provided insurance is sure way to give Trump another 4 years. Klobuchar prefers giving access to Medicare to those under 65, which is radically different than having the government control the entire healthcare system. Any changes to the healthcare system should be slow and incremental, even if the system ends up like a patchwork quilt. There are many different plans that come under the umbrella of "Medicare-for-all" and Klobuchar's version is moderate and realistic.

Still don't know that much about Klobuchar, but she seems like a good candidate. Someone who could win and moderate-left.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Most of the press this week went to the announcement of Elizabeth Warren although for the life of me I don't get it and haven't since she first came on the scene as the next great progressive.

My concerns would be the backstory that she seems hard to get along with from some of her own staff members.

Whoever gets the nod is going to need to be an excellent "cat herder" not just within their own party but nationwide.

As a side note if we aren't going to allow Fox talking points lets keep the MSNBC talking points out as well......unless that is we want things to be as they have been in the media for the past 19 years.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Don’t know enough about her to have an opinion.
  • DeclineToState
    6 years ago
    She has no chance of being elected President.
    But I said the same thing about Trump during 2016 Republican primaries.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion