tuscl

Warrenboy75
Anywhere in the USA on any given day
Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:33 AM
I'm curious and this isn't necessary related to only what we see in the SC world but overall as well. How many of you believe in the concept of Karma? What you put out there comes back to you be it good or bad? I always have on some level but I often wonder, especially in the world as it is today do people really buy into it. I saw it rise up and bite someone big time this past weekend.

19 comments

• mark94
    5 years ago
    Karma comes from the Buddhist and Hindu tradition having to do with rebirth. Actions in this life determine your next life. The belief that actions in this life have consequences in this life is a Western corruption of the Karma concept. That said, people who do bad things face blowback from their victims, law enforcement, and society in general. People who are untrustworthy and corrupt will not get the same opportunities as others. Plus, they will occasionally face direct consequences of their actions, like lawsuits, convictions, and even physical harm.
  • Huntsman
    5 years ago
    I’m not sure about karma in some mystical sense. But I do believe in the idea that we generally reap what we sow. In other words, if someone is basically a shitty person, I do think it will catch up with them over time. Same with good behavior, which tends to generate good will in response. I realize some people seem to get away with bad behavior and some good behavior goes unrewarded. But in general, I think it catches up with people over time.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    I’m in complete agreement with you Warrenboy Kama is a bitch, My dad used to say “Time wounds all heels”
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    It's called going to heaven instead of hell.
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    It's called going to heaven instead of hell.
  • jackslash
    5 years ago
    I don't believe in karma. I've lived long enough to know that good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. Mark94 is right that we have corrupted the Hindu and Buddhist concept of karma. Those religions believe in eternal cycles of rebirth. Your karma is a cumulative effect of all your good and evil actions in all your past lives. The good or bad things that happen to you are determined by all your previous lives. So everything that happens to everyone is completely just. That would be nice to believe. But I don't buy it.
  • IceyLoco
    5 years ago
    I believe in it. I'm not religious but I have had enough experiences where things just fall into place that I don't believe it can just be coincidence.
  • crazyjoe
    5 years ago
    I do not believe in Karma. I believe in the law of attraction
  • Lurker_X
    5 years ago
    One of my in-laws is frankly, crazy. Narcissistic personality disorder. His own parent refuse to talk to him. He has been married 4 or 5 times to uglier and uglier women... The last one was almost as nuts as he is. After all, how hard is it nowadays to Google someone and learn about his reputation? Anyone normal wants nothing to do with him! He drifts around from city to city, street preaching... and telling everyone he meets that they are going to hell. We keep wondering how much lower can he go? Yet, people living on the edge, scraping the bottom, can last a long time... and continue exploring a bottom that you or I would never want to be within sight of!
  • TJ Lee
    5 years ago
    In SCs, money is karma.
  • lotsoffun201
    5 years ago
    Karma IMHO is the evil bitch you can’t escape. I’ve seen it come back time and time again to those people who have no regard for others. By the same token, a good person will be rewarded with “good Karma”.
  • nicespice
    5 years ago
    [view link] :p Like huntsman and crazyjoe were getting at, I don’t believe in karma persay. But I think positive thoughts/actions have a way of naturally steering you towards other positive people and life situations. But I also think think it’s a loose correlation. Fortune can still happen to those who are hateful, and misfortune to the kind-hearted.
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    I do not believe in Karma.... I do believe in getting ahead, I don't waste time getting even, I kill flys with a sledge hammer. My dad said to me one time that he thought I would play possum for a year just to fuck a buzzard. He was right, I will wait till the time is right for me and is absolutely the worst time possible for someone else then I will fuck them up
  • flagooner
    5 years ago
    ^ Done you end up putting holes in walls and breaking tables and windows?
  • yahtzee74
    5 years ago
    No, not at all.
  • Subraman
    5 years ago
    I believe in karma, the way I believe in bloody mary. I mean, I'm a grown man, I don't believe in bloody mary. But I'm home alone, no fucking way I'm saying bloody mary 3 times in the mirror. No way, man. Similarly, I don't believe in karma, but...
  • rh48hr
    5 years ago
    I don't think karma is real..There're too many assholes who have the good things in life, and I know plenty of really good people who get shit on all the time and they don't deserve it.
  • clres007
    5 years ago
    ^ My thinking is similar. I used to think what goes around comes around but lately realizing life is not all that fair just a bunch of random events.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    I have a similar belief to what Huntsman mentioned earlier. I think poetic justice is more of what is being described.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion