tuscl

Traveling Dancer

Lovelyeast
New York
Saturday, January 12, 2019 4:12 AM
Hey ladies, I’ve always wanted to travel as a dancer however, I am a little scared. Has anyone traveled alone to a different state to dance? Do you have any advice?

6 comments

• nicespice
    5 years ago
    I’m right there with you on figuring out what to do. I’ve never worked outside of Texas before.
  • Lovelyeast
    5 years ago
    Well if you’re ever in NYC I got you girl. @nicespice
  • LinzeeDet
    5 years ago
    I have travel danced... I am from the Detroit area where you have to have a Detroit dance card in order to work. Las Vegas you need a card and Atlanta you need a card. Not sure what type of club you work at, but good questions to ask are 1. Do they accept traveling dancers 2. Do u need to bring anything other than your ID (some places want Social security card) & 3. What type of club-cuz some are full nude, some are pasties clubs, some are grown clubs etc so u wanna know what to pack.
  • LinzeeDet
    5 years ago
    *gown clubs
  • Lovelyeast
    5 years ago
    Detroit is actually on my list of places
  • DavinaAcro
    5 years ago
    I would suggest certainly calling ahead of time to see if they hire traveling dancers, and if so, if they require a permit. Ask dance prices, dress codes, house fees, etc. Some places have employee housing so it’s worth asking that. I would also suggest taking a mini vacation to that area first if you can, just to see different clubs and if they’re somewhere you’d actually want to work. You can write that trip off as a business expense as well. I know I’m late to the game but I hope someone finds this helpful!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion