tuscl

Stereotypes

larryfisherman
California
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:44 AM
The other day a petite goth type dancer with a lot of tattoos came by and talked to me for a bit. I enjoyed the conversation. Eventually she asked for a dance. She was not my type at all, so I declined. For reference I am a late 20’s black guy (well mixed).

I was very surprised she came over and talked and tried to get a dance. Usually those type of girls don’t approach me. Usually no matter which club I’m in, it’s the big booty Latinas or big booty black girls that approach me.

In the strip club do dancers factor in stereotypes when approaching customers?

If based on a stereotype if she thinks she’s not his type, she won’t approach him?

For example a big booty black girl wouldn’t approach a old white guy, or if she did it would be after she approached everyone else first.

This is not a race thread, it’s a stereotype thread. We all stereotype in different ways.

14 comments

• rockstar666
    6 years ago
    One of my fave dancers has a sleeve on her arm right up and on to the back of her hand. She's very petite and pretty if not outstanding. She wouldn't be my type at all, but like larry I enjoyed the convo so I bought a few dances. She was excellent! Without the tats you'd think she was a civvie from the way she talked. After a few visits she let me know she was available for OTC but I declined as I was having BB sex with my g/f at the time. I still buy dances from her when I go to the club though!
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    Yeah, everyone does. But it doesn't really matter, a paying custie is a paying custie. Dancers who base their approach on stereotypes lose out. Its a job, its not about who I like or want to hang out with lol
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    i agree with you OP, but i have noticed that the clubs i go to in the valley have been dead lately. Slow and hardly any customers, so strippers will adapt to overcome.
  • GeneraI
    6 years ago
    I think most strippers, or the smart ones any way only see one color, green. I think lots of them do stereotype that x kind of person is usually a bigger spender than y kind of person. I've heard some mention the how one race often had body odor that was more than they wanted to put up with unless the club was dead, certainly everyone in that race didnt have BO, so they were probably missing out on a lot of potential spender. I think most would admit that the color green rules the day.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Trap said it best by far. The people who post here and know my politics would be stunned if they saw where my office is located and the people whom I represent.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    When I’m in the club, I’m looking to get off. I don’t care about the race of the dancer, or if she has tattoos (or a tattoo sleeve).

I’ve had some excellent dances from dancers you wouldn’t expect a pasty old white guy to get into...
  • 3LeggedMan
    6 years ago
    I wouldn’t call this stereotyping. It seem very much like the girl is exercising her right to have a favorite “type”. Us PLs do that all the time. The OP’s goth friend may have a thing for young black guys.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    Sounds racist to me.
  • Book Guy
    6 years ago
    Any stripper's favorite "type" -- anyone who is relatively clean, not barfing-drunk, and is spending money on her.

I often look for the "alternative" type girls. I dunno, I just get along with them a bit better sometimes.

Personally, I do NOT come across as "alternative" at all. I don't have any tattoos, my hair (what little of it is left) is cut in a "conservative banker's cut," I usually am wearing dark slacks and a button-down men's dress shirt and loafers or lace-up dress shoes, I have a college education and talk with the typical North American midlands accent, I'm a typical White male WASP.

But I still GET ALONG WITH the girls who DO come across as "alternative." Tattoos, piercings, maybe a dyke-style "curtain over shaved" haircut (lower part of the scalp shaved, from lowest at neck hair-line up to about ear-tops; growing hair from above that part hanging in a curtain of hair which then falls OVER the shaved part). Dunno, though I have a theory ... (recently posted this graf below in a review) ...

>>>>
    In fact, I generally recommend, for almost all strip clubs, that you look out for the girls who seem to be able to think to themselves that they will engage in "ministrations to the male" rather than for those girls who seem to "need to connect with the guy." The ones capable of distance, and therefore medical-nurse-type "ministrations," will ((counter-intuitively)) therefore make it easier for you to feel connected to them, because they are less needy, and more focused on a service-for-money exchange. But this is an aside comment about all strip clubs in general, especially about girls at clubs that are less glitzy ... a "neighborhood" style place rather than a "glamour" style place.
    >>>>
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I have a preference for “geek” appearing customers. But that’s just because in my experience they are the ones I’ve had the most success with.

BUT that being said, if there are two customers at two different tables and one’s body language seems like he’s open to being approached more (as long as he doesn’t strike me as a non-spending douche), then I will go approach that individual first no matter what he looks like.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Larry, I think part of the fun of strip clubs is learning to engage with girls which are off of your normal type.

And then again though, better if you select the girl and approach her yourself.

If one does approach you that is a good sign. But you still have to decide how interested in her you are.

SJG
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    I don't think this is all "stereotypes". I'd guess there's a huge extent to which it's a matter of strippers trying to hustle different types of customers, and learning which types of guys do or don't like her. A skinny goth girl doesn't need to stereotype to have learned from experience that the group of (pick your group here) isn't going to buy dances from her, just like the zillion other times she tried to sell dances to that group
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    The main thing I judge/stereotype is what people are wearing. Casual attire or suits are all fine but when guys come in dressed like Jesse pinkman I don’t approach
  • lopaw
    6 years ago
    I get alot of alt girls approaching me. I found most goth girls very open minded and kinky, so when they see a girl customer they make a beeline to me. The opposite can be said of the GPS stripper types.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion