tuscl

JavaScript & jQuery

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
Saturday, October 6, 2018 2:26 PM
JavaScript & jQuery, by David Sawyer McFarland Excellent book, McFarland a most suitable author, and O'Reilly a great publisher. O'Reilly really did change the nature of computer books when they started. Deals with the Ajax system too, requesting BSON's directly from the server. We don't have that much else which runs client side. And this did not start with Sun Microsystems and it originally had nothing to do with Java. In hand now! [view link] Earlier Thread: [view link] SJG

70 comments

• san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^^^^ So many characters which could have been used for good posts and threads. Earlier Thread: [view link] [view link] JavaScript & jQuery, by David Sawyer McFarland So this is a really good book. Lots of pages, thin paper, but very easy to read. Great intro book. Read through the stuff about the language itself. Arrays can have mixed types of variables in them. You can have nested arrays. And you can add or subtract members off of either end. To me this suggests that arrays are being handled more like linked lists, internally. Slower and more memory. In most languages you cannot do things like this. But if you wrote a module in an object oriented language you could make something to allow this. What I am not seeing are pointers, objects, classes, structures, methods. I think JavaScript has these, but I do not really know. So browsers IE, Mozilla, Chrome, Safari, they all have control panels to show errors, HTML, CSS, JavaScript. So 'node.js', something like this is to make JavaScript run server side. Ready to read now about the library JQuery. But want to look for more about JavaScript. Don't have that much for client side. ClojureScript compiles to JavaScript. And there is Java for client side, I think called Applets. But not many seem to use this, security often set to block it. MongoDB and CouchDB can run full JavaScript Stack, meaning data requests coming directly from JavaScript client side. mention of 'Notepad++' for windows. SJG Black Magick Volume 1: Awakening I [view link] Black Magick Volume 2: Awakening II [view link] The Necromancer (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel Book 4) [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So I have been getting much info from books. This will continue. But also need to get info from online. [view link] so here they talk about objects [view link] And what they call 'keys' must really be like pointers. So as big and useful as the above book it, this web site has more. More: [view link] And then: [view link] [view link] [view link] Languages which compile to JavaScript ( huge) [view link] LifeBoat Forum [view link] SJG LifeBoat Forum [view link] [view link] Martinism [view link] Talk Gnosis: The Rosicrucians part 1, Dr. Jeffrey S. Kupperman [view link] [Talk Gnosis] Martinism & Gnosticism [view link] Killing Me Softly [view link] [view link] Elysian Encounter-Baker Gurvitz Army - playlist full album [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So I'll be going back to: JavaScript & jQuery, by David Sawyer McFarland But I want to look at some other books too. The advanced game developer's toolkit : create amazing Web-based games with JavaScript and HTML5 / Rex van der Spuy. (2017) Ajax : creating web pages with asynchronous JavaScript and XML. (2011) Build an HTML5 game : a developer's guide with CSS and JavaScript / by Karl Bunyan. (2015) Effective JavaScript : 68 specific ways to harness the power of JavaScript / David Herman (2013) HTML, CSS, and JavaScript / Julie C. Meloni. (2012) Javascript programming, pushing the limits : advanced application development with Javascript & HTML5 / Jon Raasch. (2013) jQuery : a beginner's guide / John Pollock. (2014) Learning JavaScript design patterns / Addy Osmani. (2012) Learning web app development / Semmy Purewal. (2014) Making things smart : easy embedded JavaScript programming for making everyday objects into intelligent machines / Gordon F. Williams. (2017) PHP, MYSQL, & JavaScript all-in-one for dummies / by Richard Blum. (2018) Practical modern Javascript / Nicholás Bevacqua. (2017) Sams teach yourself Ajax, JavaScript, and PHP all in one / Phil Ballard, Michael Moncur. (2009) Sams teach yourself JavaScript in 24 hours / Michael Moncur, Phil Ballard. (2013) Speaking JavaScript : an in-depth guide for programmers / Axel Rauschmayer. (2014) Start here! Learn Javascript / Steve Suehring. (2012)
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Java Script Libraries [view link] jQuery is supposedly the main one. Search on it above and it will come up with a bunch of stuff. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    so here, JQuery [view link] so we have this JSONP part of it. [view link] So I tried to download the full text version, instead of the minimized version. I got this address: [view link] Much to learn. Looks to be JavaScript code. To upload to the server? Include with one's HTML-CSS? Can even have web page include from this library site? We know Founder must be an expert in this. Anyone else have experience with this? Can both JSON's and the Binary form be supplied by server to client, following the Rails convention? How about XML's and its binary form? SJG SJG Portal [view link] Trump, separating children and parents: [view link] Vatican Canonizes Salvadoran Archbishop Óscar Romero, Who Was Killed by a U.S.-Backed Death Squad [view link] They tried to film this in El Salvador, but they quickly got ejected. So it was filmed in Mexico. Romero (1989) Trailer - John Duigan, Raul Julia [view link] [view link] [view link] Pope Francis Canonizes, Oscar Romero ( and this has been long awaited ) [view link] and more [view link] Missouri Woman Fired For Blocking Black Man From Entering Apartment Complex [view link] The Jeff Healey Band - While My Guitar Gently Weeps (live), anyone know who the black girl is? [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Above link to JavaScript codes does not seem to work. But if you do what I did and select the library you will get what I got. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    JavaScript Tutorial [view link] ^^^^ actually quite good, talks about OBJECTS and METHODS, and MATH and RANDOM numbers. And a lot more stuff like Document Object Model and JSONs and AJAX. SJG Interesting Old Thread Favorite Strip Clubs of San_Jose_Guy? [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Nirvana - Aneurysm (Live at Reading 1992) [view link] Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Live at Reading 1992) w/ surprise into [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    JavaScript Tutorial [view link] Objects, Properties, and Methods [view link] I am liking JavaScript and will be using it extensively. SJG David Gilmour - Comfortably Numb Live in Pompeii 2016 [view link] David Gilmour Shine On You Crazy Diamond Pompeii 2016 [view link] Joe Bonamassa - "Sloe Gin" - Muddy Wolf at Red Rocks [view link] In the pool halls, the hustlers and the losers I used to watch 'em through the glass Well I'd stand outside at closing time Just to watch her walk on past [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So they don't call it Classes and Inheritance. Prototypes [view link] Constructors [view link] And what is CoffeeScript, somehow related. Expect to be going thru small book about it soon. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    JSON [view link] [view link] JSON compared to XML, and Ajax uses JSON [view link] Okay, but how about the binary format, BSON? Don't want to be sending numbers as text. SJG A much loved company and website back into action, enjoy: [view link] Lou Reed - Egg Cream [view link] [view link], Golden Gate Bridge [view link] Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone (Audio) [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So BSON, instead of JSON? [view link] [view link] [view link] SJG JS69 Front Room Makeout Session [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Joe Bonamassa - "Midnight Blues" - Beacon Theatre - Live From New York [view link] Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa- I'd Rather Go Blind [view link] Joe Bonamassa - "Sloe Gin" - Muddy Wolf at Red Rocks [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] God in the 21st Century: Bishop John Shelby Spong [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So, ClojureScript compiles into JavaScript? [view link] [view link] "ClojureScript seeks to address the weak link in the client/embedded application development story by replacing JavaScript with Clojure, a robust, concise and powerful programming language. In its implementation, ClojureScript adopts the strategy of the Google Closure library and compiler, and is able to effectively leverage both tools, gaining a large, production-quality library and whole-program optimization. ClojureScript brings the rich data structure set, functional programming, macros, reader, destructuring, polymorphism constructs, state discipline and many other features of Clojure to every place JavaScript reaches." Clojurescript : up and running / Stuart Sierra and Luke VanderHart. ( O'Reilly 2013) SJG TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So if I am going to learn about this JavaScript, and about ClojureScript, then I also should learn about this CoffeeScript. Coffeescript : accelerated Javascript development / Trevor Burnham (2011 Pargamatic Bookshelf) Pragmatic Bookshelf titles are always good, very current, no non-sense. [view link] [view link] Node.js [view link] lets JavaScript run outside of a browser, like client side SJG Joe Bonamassa - "Sloe Gin" - Muddy Wolf at Red Rocks [view link] Midnight Blues [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Able to use JavaScript to make music in people's browsers? [view link] [view link] [view link] looks like this is intended to work [view link] Should be able to put the right things together to make it work somehow. SJG Lady Zep [view link] Led Zeppelin Heartbreaker / Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman) [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Virtual Reality Modelling Language [view link] but superseded by X3D [view link] So is this just already included in the browers, so it all works just right client side? Anyone ever use any of this? Visualizing information using SVG and X3D : XML-based technologies for the XML-based Web / Vladimir Geroimenko and Chaomei Chen (eds) (2005) Foreword by Tony Parisi vii Preface ix Contributors xiii Part 1: Using SVG and X3D in Generic Web Applications 1 (180) 1 SVG and X3D in the Context of the XML Family and the Semantic Web 3 (18) Vladimir Geroimenko 2 The Foundations of SVG 21 (42) Kurt Cagle 3 X3D Fundamentals 63 (22) Don Brutzman, James Harney and Curt Blais 4 SVG as the Visual Interface to Web Services 85 (14) Shane Aulenback 5 X3D Graphics, Java and the Semantic Web 99 (20) James Harney, Alan Hudson, Curt Blais and Don Brutzman 6 Distributed User Interfaces: Toward SVG 1.2 119 (34) Kurt Cagle 7 Publishing Paradigms for X3D 153 (28) Nicholas F. Polys Part 2: Applying SVG and X3D to Specific Problems 181 (114) 8 Visualizing Complex Networks 183 (19) Chaomei Chen and Natasha Lobo 9 Applying SVG to Visualization of Chemical Structures and Reactions 202 (23) John Leaver 10 Using Metadata-based SVG and X3D Graphics in Interactive TV 225 (20) Artur Lugmayr and Seppo Kalli 11 Knowledge Visualization Using Dynamic SVG Charts 245 (11) Nikolas A. Rathert 12 Using SVG and XSLT to Display Visually Geo-referenced XML 256 (10) Timothy Adams 13 Using Adobe Illustrator to Create Complex SVG Illustrations 266 (19) Sara Porter 14 X3D-Edit Authoring Tool for Extensible 3D (X3D) Graphics 285 (8) Don Brutzman 15 Concluding Remarks 293 (2) Vladimir Geroimenko and Chaomei Chen SJG Story of O Dress [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Abelson, Harold, Sussman, Gerald Jay, Structure and Inperpretation of Computer Programs, 1985 Erik K. Drexler, Engines of Creation, 1986 SJG Waring of Rising Nationalism [view link] [view link] [view link]! Adam Hochschild [view link] Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, underneath the Arch of Triumph, should be visible from this East side angled view [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Theatre Chochotte - Paris [view link] Hookers in Paris [view link] Baker Gurwitz [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    JavaScript : the definitive guide / David Flanagan (2011 local ) SJG Kingdom coming : the rise of Christian nationalism / Michelle Goldberg. (2007) God & the big bang : discovering harmony between science & spirituality / Daniel C. Matt. (2016) [view link] [view link] video, Daniel C. Matt, God and the Big Bang [view link] Stan Tenen The Alphabet In Our Hands, Part 1: The God of Abraham, A Mathematician's View [view link] Bernhard Riemann [view link] Riemann, topology, and physics / Michael Monastyrsky ; with a foreword by Freeman J. Dyson. (1999) Saturday I reported on a man who had vanished from a 49er's stadium game the previous Monday. Saturday they found a body in the water near the old unused Alviso Marina and some old concrete boat ramps. The stuff is unused because silt comes in from the bay and fills it up. I have years ago explored all around there. It is interesting, but even in the day time potentially dangerous. I once got stuck hip deep in mud and a shoe came off. Getting my foot back into the shoe I was able to recover it. But I was taking more risks in doing so. This man was in the military, maybe Special Forces. So likely he handles himself quite well in the outdoors, even at night. Not sure if any conclusions have been reached, but to me it sounds more and more like a suicide. Left his cell phone, battery run down to zero, in his car at the stadium. Also left his girl friend and her two kids there. But talking on the phone and using video up until the point he vanished. [view link] [view link] Here SJPD say that the body was found floating face down about 1 mile out from the Marina and the Ramps. [view link] [view link] I believe that police probably have more tidbits of information which they are not going to disclose until they are ready to close the case. In a homicide it is usually those closest to the deceased who did it, and they are exposed by the contradictions in their stories. To me, this is sounding more and more like a suicide. Here it sound like he was found at the boat launch, though those concrete ramps are unusable do to silt. [view link] [view link] Still waiting to hear that they have confirmed the identity, and then of course for any conclusions. [view link] Jeff Healey Band, full concert [view link] Theatre Chochotte, Paris [view link] [view link] Here, outside view, use zoom outs and changing back to maps to see exactly where this is: [view link] Inside scene [view link] 34 Rue Saint-André des Arts, 75006 Paris, France Here: [view link] Very close to the Seine and to the Luxembourg Gardens park. [view link] [view link] [view link] Here, their own page: [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] Emmanuel Marcon ‘Patriotism is the exact opposite of nationalism. Nationalism is a betrayal of patriotism’ [view link] The US and Russian leaders listened in silence as Mr Macron took a swipe at the rising tide of populism in the US and Europe, warning: “The old demons are rising again, ready to complete their task of chaos and of death.” “In saying, ‘Our interests first, whatever happens to the others’, you erase the most precious thing a nation can have, that which makes it live, that which causes it to be great and that which is most important: its moral values.” [view link] [view link] [view link] EXPLORING PARIS: The Red Light Sex Shop Area (Pigalle) [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Learning PHP, MySQL & JavaScript : with jQuery, CSS & HTML5 / Robin Nixon (2015 local) SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    In hand now: [view link] SJG Stravinsky: The Firebird / Gergiev · Vienna Philarmonic · Salzburg Festival 2000 [view link] So you folks like these no proscenium concert halls? Disney Music Center [view link] San Jose Center for the Performing Arts, not designed that way. [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So I've got in hand now: JavaScript Programming: Pushing the Limits, by Jon Raasch (2013) and based in Portland Oregon. This book is not that big, but it is packed with critical information. This book gets way way out there. Hard for me to record more than just a small percentage of it, but I will be trying as I keep returning to this book. Jon Raasch's blog [view link] So he talks much about using JQuery, and how you can also get it from a Universal CDN (Content Delivery Network), like Google's [view link] When you put it into your HTML, he suggests just starting with the '//', leaving the 'http:' off, incase some of these are instead "file' protocol This example is off of the google site: '<script src="[view link] ' [view link] the we also have: [view link] Raasch also likes Zepto, but it does not support Internet Explorer. Raasch is also into mobile devices and keeping code size down. Remember I had talked about VRML ( Virtual Reality Modelling Language) and how that got turned into some 3DX? Well Raasch has got lots of other stuff in play. So there is WebGL and the canvas tag. And then CSS3, for 3d. Then there is SVG. and then Raphael.js He recommends preprocessing your CSS. He endorses SASS, which I have posted about before. He mentions Stylus. But the one he really seems to like is LESS. Sounds like with LESS you can decide if it only works at development side, or if it is for every download and if it can be client or server. And of course Raasch is talking all about server side JavaScript and node.js, and he talks about MongoDB too. Likes anything fullstack JavaScript. SJG The Jeff Healey Band - Live In Belgium (Full Concert 1993) [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] The Jeff Healy Band Hell To Pay (FULL ALBUM) HQ (good!) [view link] The Jeff Healey Band - I Can't Get My Hands On You [view link] Border crossing times: [view link] Joe Bonamassa - "Sloe Gin" - Muddy Wolf at Red Rocks [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So finishing, for now, with: JavaScript Programming: Pushing the Limits, by Jon Raasch (2013) and based in Portland Oregon. This book is not that big, but it is packed with critical information. This book gets way way out there. This Jon Raasch clearly knows his stuff, and it must change frequently. The book covers so much terrain that to actually do the things he is describing one would have to avail themselves of the vast amount of online info he provides links to. He makes much of 'backbone.js' and then of this WebSockets. The first seems like it is probably something which provides concurency and functional programming, though he does not say that. It is interesting and I could see the value of it. But I have not used anything like that. WebSockets provides two way communications between client and server, without polling. This Raasch is clearly focused on client centered JavaScript applications, and then also on server side JavaScript. Never says anything about ClojureScript, but does make minor reference to a Closure Library. Never mentions CoffeeScript or anything else to replace JavaScript, just lots and lots of libraries. I will be returning to this and some other JavaScript books often. SJG BAKER GURVITZ ARMY - Live 1975 [view link]
  • strippercutie404
    6 years ago
    "O'Reilly" That's what she said ;P
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    "O'Reilly" A very good publisher, Sebastopol CA, a key factor in getting much much better computer books into public hands, and in doing it in a timely manner. SJG David Gilmour - Comfortably Numb Live in Pompeii 2016 [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Jon Raasch says to use backbone.js. Now he uses JavaScript both client side and server side. But I think backbone would be just client side, I think. [view link] on GitHub [view link] and yes, you can read the JavaScript code right there. [view link] Developed by the same guy who made CoffeeScript and Underscore.js [view link] [view link] SJG Serious Earthquakes In Alaska [view link] If we have justice, then no one will ever be without what they need. If we do not have justice, then money will never be a reliable substitute. Medicare For All [view link] Bernie Sanders, Economic Justice [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Books about backbone.js? Full stack JavaScript : learn Backbone.js, Node.js, and MongoDB / Azat Mardan (2018 caution) Developing Backbone.js applications / Addy Osmani. (2013) Full stack web development with Backbone.js / Patrick Mulder (2014 caution) I could see assembling packages and integrating them together by writting something like backbone myself, but for C/C++, and then also to work with the interpreted Python, R, Ruby, Io SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Got this back, excellent large book JavaScript & jQuery, by David Sawyer McFarland SJG Nicki Minaj [view link] Merkaba - Chariot of the Gods [view link] Ever notice that Stephen Spielberg's films always include appearances of the Chariot, and that always before these there is silence and a void? Often such appearances mean that someone is going to die violently. Chariot of God: Merkabah Mysticism - Vision of Ezekiel [view link] Christ of the Apocalypse, from one of the doorways to Chartres [view link] The Merkaba Explained IN DETAIL From Lightworkers org [view link] Manly P Hall - Merkabah, Mystical Disciplines [ MUST LISTEN ] [ Connects Ezekiel's Chariot to the Islamic Legend of the Flying Carpet / Prayer Rug ] [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    JavaScript & jQuery, by David Sawyer McFarland, real good book. If you are going to be using JavaScript, this is only one of the books you need to have on your shelf. This time I made it through the first 6 chapters. I will be returning to it. The O'Reilly Missing Manual Series is real good. So there is the jQuery library. And then I guess UI = User Interface. There is jQuery UI. There is in each of the browsers a JavaScript Console, for help in debugging. So they also mention the Yahoo! User Interface Library. THe Dojo Toolkit. Mootools, great for animation and visual effects. And Backbone.js, and Raphaeljs. And they endorse CDN's ( Content Distribution Networks ) So your clients can get their feed from these, instead of just from your own server. There are Google and jQuery CDN's. And then events, like Mouse Events, JavaScript handles these. There is not a lot to evaluate here. It's just a matter of learning to use it. SJG Previously talked about local government having to pay construction costs of $1k per sq ft. Now they are talking about $1.2k. And these are not just projections, this is what is actually being paid. Graham Bond - Love Is The Law - full album + bonus tracks [view link] The Dynamex Decision: The California Supreme Court Restricts Use of Independent Contractors [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link]
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is usually mocked or ignored, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    So the above book says that even 1000 pages about just the JavaScript language would not be enough. So, do we have some online refs? [view link] 105 page pdf [view link] Doesn't anyone here use JavaScript? We know that Founder must, each revision seems to be more client side. But don't others use it? SJG Baby's Looki' Hot [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link]
  • TrollWarnBot
    6 years ago
    WARNING - The following accounts are considered to be forum trolls and may not be trustworthy: san_jose_guy - commonly referred to as SJG this forum member is usually mocked or ignored, his comments should NOT be taken in any way as legitimate
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Who has experience with paid hosting services, besides Founder of course? [view link] SJG Joe Jackson Night and Day [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] Baker Gurvitz Army - Vinyl Album High Quality [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    [view link] Though this does not cost much money, it is still money and another bill to pay. It does not look like some hosting services I looked at way way back. Those gave you a Unix account and likely every kind of software you could think of. This just gives you some common stuff. I see no C-language compiler, no PostgreSQL, no MongoDB, no R-language w/ expansions. To me this looks minimal, just the minimum. Little bit more than the best of the free hosts. To get better do you have to self host? SJG TJ Street [view link] [view link]
  • SJGTHREATENSWOMEN
    3 years ago
    ESS JAY GEE
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    JavaScript & jQuery the missing manual, 3rd Edition by David Sawyer McFarland pg 579 Looking at the Switch statement, trying to get it right, to decode the keyboard. Need to start using the Google Chrome JavaScipt Console, to let the machine check my code. Above book is good, but I am only looking at the JavaScript part. jQuerey might have been replaced by another lawyer of browser plug ins for JavaScript?? It seems to work similarly. SJG Frampton [view link] Jennifer Fischer [view link] TJ Street [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    HTML audio tag [view link] Document: keydown event [view link] "The keydown event is fired when a key is pressed. Unlike the keypress event, the keydown event is fired for all keys, regardless of whether they produce a character value." ^^^^ using this for the beginnings of a game loop, at least when a key is pressed UI events Editor’s Draft, 20 October 2021 (still fairly new, and @Founder would know how well this stuff works) [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    document.write [view link] learning is interesting, but it is slow going SJG Stanley Clarke [view link] TJ Street [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Did you finally get a job? Are you fixing all the computers that you broke at the San Jose Public Library?
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Shailynn's UK relatives coming to Texas [view link] SJG
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^^ I’m not the one who didn’t even have internet access for an entire year Me Dildo. I hope they give you a job then you can move into the broom closet from the cardboard box behind the library.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    In honor of these UK relations coming, Shailynn's mom is doing up the Pacifica like this: [view link] Shailynn is after all a direct descendent of the people who first brought long horn cattle from Scotland to Texas. SJG
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Dude. YOU DID NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS FOR A YEAR. Even homeless people in my town have internet access on their Obama phones.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Shailynn's UK relatives don't want to stay in the UK anymore. Things have changed. For one thing Tony Blair poured money into their national healthcare, fixing up any deficiencies. So in light of such, insulting immigrants and minorities doesn't really have any currency. And then as Brexit is a done deal, what currency their may have been in scapegoating immigrants and minorities is gone. So when Shailynn's mom is driving him from Longview to El Paso, or from Beaumont to Amarillo, legs that take 14 hours, Shailynn does use his cell phone. He uses it to post on TUSCL, and he also texts his UK relatives. He shows them that in the Great State of Texas you still can insult immigrants and minorities, and especially L-I-B-E-R-A-L-S. You can blame them for all of your own short comings. Shailynn, still a junior in high school, demonstrates this. So his UK relatives have decided, they are emigrating to Texas. *********************************** document keydown [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    specs: [view link] to make onkeydown repeat do I have to put it into a while loop? Try it. [view link] Have to make this like a game loop? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Javascript DOM [view link] SJG Weather Report - Weather Report (1971) [FULL ALBUM] [view link]
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Dude. YOU DID NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS FOR A YEAR. Even homeless people in my town have internet access on their Obama phones.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Everyone thought that Shailynn's career with the West Texas Christian Glee Club would have been over years ago. But by making him wear a vulcanized rubber jock strap with Kevlar belting, Shailynn's mom has stopped his voice from changing. And this is how she was able to have their pastor get him the full scholarship to Bob Jones in Greensville South Carolina. *********************** This multipage tutorial is really good: [view link] SJG clean solid body electric, and the broken chords like only a guitar can do so easily; the opening riff explains it all: Drive My Car (The Beatles Cover) - MonaLisa Twins (Live at the Cavern Club)
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    JavaScript & jQuery, by David Sawyer McFarland (2014 3rd edition) JavaScript Reference [view link] jquery [view link] An impressive use of JavaScript [view link] [view link] also: Build Your Own 2D Games Engine Kelvin Sung etal. [view link] online archieve extractor [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Impressive JavaScript usage. [view link] Online HTML validator [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    about XML [view link] [view link] earlier JavaScript thread: [view link] SJG Ken Burns, The War [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Building a 2D Game Physics Engine Using HTML5 and JavaScript Tanaya, Michael, 2017 Making Things Smart Easy Embedded JavaScript Programming for Making Everyday Objects Into Intelligent Machines by Williams, Gordon F., 2017 SJG OMS Martinists 1 of 5 [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Building a 2d Game Physics Engine Using HTML5 and JavaScript by Michael Tanaya etal (2017) Apress seems to be about collision detections for drawn visual shapes. Does not seem to involve audio effects. small book. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Make: Making Things Smart by Gordon Williams (2017) [view link] Maker Media, San Francisco CA Make Magazine [view link] [view link] JavaScript for Microcontrollers [view link] Uses a real small board with a 32 bit ARM processor and an integral USB male connector on the green glass. ARM = Advanced RISC Machines, in 2015 licensed 15 billion ARM cores. Many modern interpreters use JIT (Just in Time Compilation) Google's V8 interpreter is an exception, it always compiles your code. Espruino Pico has a stand alone virtual COM port. You can get VT100-style terminal emulation screen for MAC, or PuTTY for Windows. But WEB IDE can do a lot more. So you use Web IDE ES6 is a verion of Java used here. JavaScript allows functions to be defined within other functions. And you can also have inline functions which are unnamed ( like Lambda's). setTimeout lets you set something to go off a future time, like say 2 seconds. Done in milliseconds. JavaScript uses functions heavily because it is event based. So you don't need to have your code run in one big loop. * This book is better than expected. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Learning JavaScript by Ethan Brown O'Reilly, 2016, 3rd edition SJG The Beatles - Ticket To Ride [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^^ Good! Written using the newest JavaScript, ES6, and known as "Harmony". But in 2016 what was more often used was ES5. For a comprehensive Java Script book on paper: David Flanagan's JavaScript: The Definitive Guide JavaScript The Definitive Guide : Master the World's Most-used Programming Language + otherwise just use the online Mozilla Docs SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    JavaScript The Definitive Guide by David Flanagan O'Reilly 7th ed After Mozilla online this is the definitive source. Everything you could want about object orientation and metaprogramming. Page 507 is about the Audio API, the Audio() constructor and the Audio Tag in HTML. But this is only about 1 1/2 pages and they say that it can by like an audio synth. It is very far from complete, very far, and they reference no other books. SJG Vanilla Fudge "You Keep Me Hanging On" Live on Jimmy Fallon [view link]
  • CandymanOfProvidence
    2 years ago
    Did you have a recommendation on Principles of Object-Oriented Programming? Otherwise known as POOP? Pages should have the consistency of toilet paper.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Object Oriented Programming is essential. In my view, most all of the Functional Programming books are completely disingenuous by not saying much they still depend on Object Oriented Programming. Seems to deal with audio: Learning PHP, MySQL & JavaScript : a step-by-step guide to creating dynamic websites / Robin Nixon. Imprint Sebastopol, CA : O'Reilly Media, 2021. *! SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Learning PHP, MySQL & JavaScript : a step-by-step guide to creating dynamic websites / Robin Nixon. Imprint Sebastopol, CA : O'Reilly Media, 2021. Yes, deals with audio and video tags from HTML5, but it is still insufficient. Newer edition: Learning PHP, MySQL & JavaScript: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Dynamic Websites 6th Edition 2021, Robin Nixon [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    So JavaScript has the rather unusual "with" statement And it has the "onerror" event.  Usually you will invoke the event by setting onerror = to your error handling function. And it has try...catch And it has the ternary operator ? and : SJG
  • max_starr
    2 years ago
    TL;DR; bson? I've done javascript for a very long time, longer than ITC and OTC. Jquery, sure. json yes... ok I just read the info about bson, very informative..I learned something new today... But on TUSCL? Why? LOL
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Not everyone who likes strip clubs is only interested in right wing news and politics, pro sports, and financial speculation. If you think they are, you are selling the members of this board way short. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    JavaScript The Definitive Guide by David Flanagan O'Reilly 7th ed After Mozilla online this is the definitive source. SJG Sex Slave Uni [view link] Claudette Colbert [view link] The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link] Pleaser 10 inch [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Yes, this book is what I was hoping for. It goes way beyond the other books I have seen. JavaScript can be event driven, you need this to be interactive. The other sources were not really explaining all the ins and outs. This book is a little harder to follow because it tells it just like it is in full technical detail. Not just a language, but an interactive programming environment with some degree of multi-tasking. Comprehending this will take time. SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    How JavaScript works in the browser, very important for Async and Event Driven stuff. Above book great. Others inadequate! SJG The Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter - 2013 School of Rock AllStars Team 4 [view link] [view link] Landing Strip, WOW! [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    JavaScript The Definitive Guide by David Flanagan O'Reilly 7th ed Used to cover the entire JavaScript API in this book. But not now. Need to go to Mozilla online. So looking at how this works in the browser, because this is what is important. We have things which are async and which are event driven. And we can have Worker Threads and Messaging. THis is promising, could get a full Actors Concurrency running there. fetch() is a sync. Sounds real good, and need to learn all of this well. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Web Assembly [view link] so you can with some compilers for C, C++, and Rust, compile to a bytecode and then attach this to the browser. It is not the same as native code, but it still protects the Browser Sandbox and Secuirty. Interesting. Don't know if the users have veto power over this. Must to learn. Overall, the JavaScript Worker Threads looks real interesting and real promising for what you could do with it. Need to further explore everything that is in the books via Mozzilla D N. SJG Move Over [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    JavaScript The Definitive Guide by David Flanagan O'Reilly 7th ed Talks about some of these new technologies in Java Script, like Progressive Web Apps and Service Workers. [view link] SJG White Room, School of Rock [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    So I got something in JavaScript going using setInterval and writing into a style# and all. But I don't fully understand it, copied it out of a book. Its the actually running, dynamic, stuff in background that I need to much better understand. Fiddled with it some. SJG Barbara Dennerlein (1984) - The lady is a tramp [view link] Friedrich Gulda & Barbara Dennerlein: Stormy Weather Blues [view link] Barbara Dennerlein "Swing the Blondes" on Hammond B3 [view link] K -- EXTRA HOT STUFF -- Barbara Dennerlein, Dennis Chambers, Andy Sheppard, Mitch Watkins [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion