tuscl

New format

georgmicrodong
Just a fat, creepy old pervert.
Thursday, October 4, 2018 9:09 AM
Whoa! That’s a pretty drastic change. At least on my phone. Kinda like it though.

47 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^I think I like too just needs a little adjusting to
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    I like the new format also
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    If you've been on the articles page recently, I think I saw a preview of this format the past couple of days. I kind of like it.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    Can we even post new articles now? I heard SJG is dying to share a new duct taping technique he learned from the Dark Web.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'd like to see if I have messages from the discussions page.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Looks pretty-good - the individual discussions are more clearly outlined
  • Vantablack
    6 years ago
    If only there was an upvote/downvote system just like on Reddit
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    "I'd like to see if I have messages from the discussions page." From mobile, look at the bottom of the screen.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ It doesn't show the (0) if there are no unread messages.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Got it. I imagine that the icon changes if you get a message. Unsure, though.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I just sent you a PM as a test.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    The thing I liked best a while back before founder started making all these changes was the mail icon would spin when you had a message I’m not crazy about the new(1) setup it doesn’t always get your attention.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    You liked getting dick pics as PMs.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^You’re attacking me again haven’t you learned your lesson stupid
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I usually look at this site from a phone too. The format is interesting. It will be a slight adjustment but I think I will like it more.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I usually look at this site from a phone too. The format is interesting. It will be a slight adjustment but I think I will like it more.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    I like the old format better. I think Founder is doing a little too much tinkering at this time. This new layout for the discussion section worked well for the review section because you could have an entire batch of reviews open in a quick view format. Then simply click on any review to put it in long form. But for the discussion section I liked having the option to bring up the drop down menus by either clicking on my icon or clicking on the TUSCL. I could get to anywhere on the site from that. With this format, if I want to go to the reviews I have to take an extra step. Not a big deal, but still less efficient.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @flagooner you only send mangina pics ;)
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Flagooner... Got your test message and replied. When you have a new message, there's a yellow dot next to "MESSAGES". Seems good.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I think it is important that when viewing Discussions or Article, that you have right there on the menu bar the selections of Discussions and Article. When you post something, you will usually want to click directly on Discussions or Articles, to see what new posts there are. And then for Messages, the same. Will often want to go directly from that to Discussions or Articles. Used to be no problem. But now need to click on HOME first. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Looking to post something highly relevant on an old thread. I am seeing "Comments Closed on this Discusssion" Founder, I hope you are not closing off our old threads! They are the structure and topical character of this forum! All that will do is force people to make new threads, and then just make the forum scambled, with too many threads relative to the content. SJG
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^The problem was the trolls bumping the lower quality threads just because they could. That’s pretty smart to close them. If you wanted to, why not just create a new thread, link to the old thread, summarize the best or most relevant posts from the old thread, and continue the discussion. Btw, this benefits you too. I’m sure you noticed a few posters putting lengthy blocks of spam text in your threads.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ^^^^ The trolls bumping old threads is just trolls. That they have the old threads does not make that much difference. Text dumpers I put on ignore. Making new threads for everything degrades the forum. Cannot summarize long threads. That there will be topical additions is
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    I had to step away for a minute. @nicespice, did founder say he was closing them for that reason. He closed them once before, his real reason not known. Also, when he makes changes, sometimes it takes a while to get everything put back together again. Letting old threads stay open is the best way of letting TUSCL deepen. People see long running threads, what some have called perpetual threads, they know that they are about. They skip it if not interested. Some issues do have ever increasing depth, like this Incel and Vocel issue, and matters about Front Room Makeout sessions, and criticism of this PUA / MG-TOW / Manosphere movement. Most of the new threads started, and especially be new members are just rehashing things which have been discussed many times before. Sure we can like to new threads, but when we can also bump them then the chances of them being read and added to are much greater. The trolls mostly go after the latest posts. And this includes the most difficult of them, the text dumpers. But these are the first one's who get put on ignore. And even if they do bump old threads, so what. That actually could get people to read them and post topically. That is good. So mostly the trolls are just trying to disrupt current topical discussion and replace it with negative meta-narrative. They will take anything and try to turn it into a negative conversation about the poster, just to bring it down to their level. I don't think closing threads does anything good. I also don't think moderators would be good at all. Best is just not to feed the trolls, best just to ignore them and to use IGNORE. SJG True Force Loneliness [view link] Seems to be the precursor to MG-TOW and InCel. I do not agree with it, but I do see that this guy's ideas influenced that later movements. Elliot Rodger early on came to see women rejecting him ( really just not throwing themselves at him ) as a conspiracy. I am not even listening to True Force Loneliness vids any more.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    SJG said "Text dumpers I put on ignore." You have yourself on ignore?
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    ^Lmao I love the messages you get when you try. [view link] [view link]
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Start new threads. Old threads being bumped lowered the topical relevance of this forum.
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Getting there. Maybe next week.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    could we go back to the format we had two years ago? lol
  • TFP
    6 years ago
    @Founder, anyway we can get those drop down menus on this new format?
  • founder
    6 years ago
    Menus will be coming back. The format from 2 years ago won't be coming back.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    “Start new threads. Old threads being bumped lowered the topical relevance of this forum.” Yes do. Because when some bozo I have ignored necro posts, the thread comes back to the top. If they start a new thread, I’m blissfully ignorant. :)
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Founder, not that many people are bumping old threads, and it depends on what we mean by old threads. When they do bump them, it is usually because they want to further comment on the topic. Someone continued my very first thread, just a couple of weeks ago. And it was totally topical. And because threads can be continued, I've always limited myself to one new thread per 100 of my own posts. Too many threads, or just using the discussions listing to draw attention, is what degrades the content of the forum. Much of what is now posted could be just added to existing threads. Most of these daily reports people make do not need their own threads. Most of what the new people post is just about stuff which has already been extensively discussed. It could be added to existing threads. And people could steer them to these existing threads. And when they get bumped, then more people will read them and ad to them. If people have to start new threads for everything, then any structure to the forum dissolves. And this means that the trolls win. They want to inhibit topical discussions, they want to bring it all down to there level. Its not just that they want to talk about sex. That is fine. They want to spout their misogynistic views, and various kinds of hate. And they post stuff which serves no purpose except to try and frustrate other people. We need our old threads, as they are what give this forum its character. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Show me some old threads that have been bumped, and where this is seen as a negative. SJG
  • founder
    6 years ago
    SJG, I don't care to discuss this. Start new threads with the link to the old thread.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @GMD you hit the nail on the head, I have had a few PM convos with folks that are getting fed up with the major idiots that continue to spam the board and troll other members, by not being able to bump threads, it deprives them of an outlet and instead, forces them to work for their jollies. One of those I’m in contact with regularly seems to feel I should ignore the most egregious attacker’s, I have been guilty of feeding some asswipes and I am gong to try to curb my instincts, We’ll see how long that lasts in my case though because as olds as I am I still relish a good fight once in a while.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Twentyfive, of course you should ignore anyone who is posting stuff you don't want to read. And I would suggest starting with the text dumpers. We know who they are. Most of the rest of what I would consider trolling is people who post negative meta-narratives. They are trying to start a conversation about the conversation, and about the poster. They are trying to inhibit reasonable discussion. And so again, IGNORE is in order. Many such trolls are the socs of just one person. The rest of it I would consider to be people who just have opposed opinions. Nothing wrong with this. In my opinion it is mostly these trolls who are against continuing the old threads, as they are trying to limit the range of discussion to just a misogynist version of Dear Abby. SJG
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @SJG I’m going to respond to you respectfully but you are probably going to take this the wrong way. You are one of the people that caused this problem, like it or not, you respond to a thread each day with shit that has nothing to do with that thread, just respond to the thread, if you like but your constant deflection is more annoying than anything anyone’s doing. I don’t really care if someone make a humorous remark, but telling people what they should be doing is selfish, you do what you like, allow others the same freedom, in other words “live and let Live” If you chose to engage with me that’s fine but if you start babbling about your firewall nonsense, we have nothing to talk to each other about.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^one last point I forgot, if there’s something on your mind and you wish to discuss it create your own thread don’t just fuck up someone else’s thread just because you can.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Twentyfive, you are taking a much more literalistic and narrow view of topical relevancy than I do. And it is easier to post about a broader range of material, and to do so politely, when old threads can keep going. SJG
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^ That is your classic deflection, that is the reason you keep getting shunned sorry you really should know better.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Some people insist on using trolling to always bring the conversation down to their level. These tend to be the people I have on ignore. The most extreme of them are really just a few persons. But there is good news, as we have had some turnover in the active portion of the membership, things have changed and the content and range of POV's has expanded. SJG
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    I'm 50/50 on this new look but I also realize from past history that we aren't going back and I will eventually adapt to whatever the final result is. My 2 cents, the sooner the menus return, the better.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @SJG >Twentyfive, you are taking a much more literalistic and narrow view of topical relevancy than I do. And it is easier to post about a broader range of material, and to do so politely, when old threads can keep going.< No there's something called respect, you need to earn it and keep it, constantly disagreeing simply for the sake of disagreeing, is tiresome, and using straw men to make a point, that you yourself have not experienced, is infuriating, ie: you constantly telling people about how things in TJ are yet you've never been there, and some who has been there takes the time to tell you something truthful, you deride them and badger them with inane nonsense, instead of thanking them for taking the time to reply and acknowledging their observations.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I love the new changes. Gargle, gargle, spit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ don't patronize Founder
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion