tuscl

Lap dances equated to prostitution

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
"Police on Wednesday announced that they would crack down on lap dances at strip clubs, saying the practice often meets the legal definition of prostitution."

This story is from Israel, but I wonder if this is the next step for the strip club haters in the US.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/police-to-…

9 comments

• shadowcat
    6 years ago
    That's not kosher.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I remember looking up club reviews for the places in Tel Aviv once. To be fair, a few reviewers did say extras were available in VIP.

But even then, banning open lapdances is ridiculous. It seems like it would make prostitution worse because then it would probably force the dancers to pitch “just talking” in VIP.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Not that I see the authorities really pursuing this (at least I hope not), but even non extras lap dances can fall under the definition of some state prostitution laws. Again, I’m not worried about it but who knows what some crusaders might attack next.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"That's not kosher."

In general, I think this forum under-appreciates when the first response to a topic nails it. We need some way to automatically give some tuscl acknowledgement when this happens. The forum software should allow us to give the first response a virtual LDK or something lol
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    Lol @shadowcat!

In my view - if a lap dance doesn’t feel like an act of prostitution - I’m disappointed. I won’t tip as much if the dancer doesn’t put my cock in her pussy or mouth...
  • NJBalla
    6 years ago
    Police and FBI agents go to strip clubs all the time. In fact some of them are owners. Thats why so many turn a blind eye to extras
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Seems we have a similar situation in many parts of the US - many cities don't allow strip-clubs - many cities are air-dance zero-contact basically meaning lap-dances are not allowed - many other cities have ordinances that are not enforced or only enforced from time to time (like a X foot rule where the dancer can't make contact w/ the custy and has to be X feet away from him).
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Remember, how far the law goes comes down shat can be practically enforced.

In San Francisco Dianne Feinstein tried to get Jim and Artie Mitchell convicted, on the interpretation that lap dancing is prostitution, and calling them the corporate pimps.

But with expert and expensive counsel, and with the newspapers on their side, mocking the police and the prosecution, Jim and Artie were acquitted.

But most defendants can be bullied into pleading guilty.

In Santa Clara County, our DA's office is committed to stoping SF Style Lap Dancing. They still hold to the position that lap dancing, or any contact or even flashing is prostitution. And so they will go to any ends, to bust people who challenge this and then to bullying them into a guilty plea.

Of the underground clubs I have spoken of, at their best, it came to an end when LE pulled each of the talent agents over, on Hy 101, each driving a van load of girls from San Jose to Gilroy. They were in jail for several months, felony charges pending, before they were even allowed to mortgage their homes as bail. Then of course with mandatory straight time awaiting, they had to plead guilty.

LE does not play fair.

SJG
  • whodey
    6 years ago
    That story wouldn't have surprised me if it were based in Ohio. If a strip club ever tries to open up in Cincinnati again I could see our local politicians saying that a lapdance is as bad as prostitution.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion