tuscl

Feminism will never work...

Thursday, July 19, 2018 9:23 AM
I get tired of hearing this crap and reading about it. Heres the fax men and women aren't equal. Men will always be more powerful with regards to physical strength. Women are always going to be more thoughtful and caring. Are there exceptions to the rules? sure. But these are the differences between men and women. Men are less driven to conversations, feelings and with regards to sex by and large they want to nut and sleep or leave. Women want the attraction, cuddling etc. Women love to talk about things. But this idea that we are ever going to be equal is wrong. I want a guy to open up a door for me. not because im female but because its a nice thing to do. I'm not the same as a guy standing next to me on a physical, emotional and sexual level. Stop trying to even a field that can't be equal.

10 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Feminism is giving misogyny a bad rep. ;)
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime. Teach a feminist to fish and she will accuse you of patronizing her, claim she knew how to do it anyway and that even if she didn't, she could easily work it out without the help of a man.
  • mark94
    6 years ago
    Feminism was originally about giving women equal opportunity. Mission accomplished. Laws changed. Society changed. Any woman has the same options as any man. Now, feminism is about criticizing any woman who doesn’t make the choices the feminist elite demand. Abortion on demand. Prioritizing career over family. Viewing men as the enemy. Voting democrat.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I would open the door for you. But I’d do it to get a look at your great ass! I’m a gentleman pervert. I’m not one who is concerned as much about the motivation behind nice acts, as I’m just happy to see folks being civil to each other. There’s enough anger and dislike in the world already.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    ^^^^Cashman +1
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    I disagree. I believe feminism does work. It’s a useful way to restructure society’s obsolete norms that might have been more useful before the 20th century. What you said is true, traditionally. The patriarchy did have a function in keeping society in order. Female promiscuity had to be curbed in order to keep her on lockdown to prevent her having another man’s baby. Like slavery, it was one of those necessary evils in my opinion. Marriage had to be enforced too to keep society running smooth. Birth control and DNA testing has made that need obsolete. There’s no need for a patriarchy to keep that in order when an individual man has the ability to manage those liabilities himself easily. Modern day inventions like guns are an equalizer that a trained woman can use as effectively as a man, no matter the muscle density. But even without weapons, differences in body strength are just not as relevant. The modern times has made violence less necessary for people who feel the need to steal. There’s more profit and less negative consequences for cyber crime than bank robbing, for one example. Which means self protection is more of a mental thing than a physical thing in the modern era, which both men and women have a decently good mental capacity to do. To navigate in society, males and females are on a more equal playing field than in the past. It’s just cultural remnants that keeps it stagnant. Feminism is a force against that.
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    At least in an abstract sense. If you care about activism, feminism is useless. Too much division and class divide bickering among self identified feminists.
  • NinaBambina
    6 years ago
    I agree with you, nicespice. Although I consider myself a feminist in the most basic sense (equal rights etc), I have never gotten into mainstream feminism (and don't even get me started on feminazis). Mainstream feminism often neglects to recognize the disparities and discrimination faced by women who do not fall into the category of "middle/upper-middle class white women." A lot of mainstream feminism neglects feminism in relation to lesbian and bisexual women, transgender/transexual women, women of color, etc. I took a women's studies class at the University I went to. Thankfully we had a professor who made it a point to include the study of LGBT, trans, and women of color, and how their struggles with equality are different than the "average" or "normal" feminist. She was one of my fave professors.
  • skibum609
    6 years ago
    Obsolete norms = things that made America successful. Women's studies lol. Very objective class. Everyone is always a bigger victim.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’d like to think that feminism can bring about more equal footing between men and women. However, I’m still going to hold doors open for women, and offer a hand whenever a woman might need assistance. In certain careers it’s basically even already.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion