tuscl

Good Happy Hours and Food Deals

rickdugan
Verified and Certifiable Super-Reviewer
As is well known around here, I enjoy a few pops with my titties. When the opportunity is right, I also like to eat dinner before I start seriously drinking. For these reasons, I greatly enjoy kicking off my nights with a club that has good happy hour drink prices and good food deals.

The other night I kicked off with a fantastic Prime Rib dinner, for short money, and an unspecified number (lol) of half price double Jack on the rocks. Total cost, including tips to the bartender, was around $40. For that, I had a belly full of good food (this club does a great prime rib) and my baseline buzz was firmly established, which only required maintenance thereafter.

If only every club night could start so well. Lately I've been using Happy Hour as a way to shave some money off of my nightly club tabs, especially on those nights in which I have an added OTC payment to make. It is neat to drink all night, tip girls as I see fit and buy them drinks when desired, have a great OTC adventure and then wake up the next morning to find a surprising amount of money still in my pocket.

Anyone else use a similar approach or otherwise enjoy good Happy Hour and food deals?

19 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Like everything else in strip clubs, food and drinks are often too marked-up for my pleasure - and I also find the food in most SCs mediocre at best.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    ^ not to mention the quality/poor of the alcohol can often leave a lot to be desired
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I don't like getting poor-value/gypped in that often times the prices are too-high and the quality too-low
  • nicespice
    6 years ago
    Strip club food at most places in my area seem to be Chili’s like food at prices either on par with that place or lower.

San Antonio has a weird love of steak and fries. And several clubs advertise serving them for 3.99 at certain hours. Never tried them but at a glance it looked decent enough.
  • JackAstor
    6 years ago
    There is one club on here that's all about their kitchen, but I refuse to shill for that place for several reasons. A lot of people go to it just to eat . Like tonight, the dining area will be packed. 20 years ago they sold microwave ,catered " roach coach " sandwiches and now they're written up in all the time in dining out rags.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    When I SC I'm usually completely focused on the dancers and can't really eat in peace with all the naked-women walking around and the loud-music - it's not an environment conducive to dining (at least for me).

Having said this - a couple of years back I would sometimes make s lazy-Saturday out of it where I would hangout at Tootsies Miami on a Saturday afternoon and watch a good college football-game in their separate sportsbar with large projection-screens and the game-sound on - I would have a decent (but not great) steak and a couple drinks and then got dances after watching the game and it was a chill way to pass a Saturday
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    I agree that the quality of strip club food is often low, but we have two clubs locally who do a decent job with a few things. Their normal menu items are often sub-par, but their daily specials are usually pretty good. In particular, one club does a good prime rib once a week and the other has a weekly steak deal that is usually very good.

This is coming from a real food snob as the food in my house is excellent and almost always made from scratch. I can't eat most fast food at all anymore and my tolerance for pre-packaged/canned food is very low.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    After a good meal I'm ready for a nap. So I prefer to go to the club a little hungry and a lot horny and then eat after I take care of the fun part.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    There are def *some* upscale places where the food is good-restaurant quality but still often a good-amount marked-up from what it would cost at a comparable restaurant.

There may be *some* SCs where the food may be pretty-good at a reasonable price.

Tootsies has (had?) a $5.95 "Prime Rib" special on Mondays but it was very low-quality IMO.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    Just an FYI Follies gets it's food from Cysco delivered every Saturday.
  • GoVikings
    6 years ago
    I don’t think I’ve ever bought any food in a club. I’ve had the free buffet a couple times, but that’s about it.

Usually I don’t eat at clubs because I had already ate a few hours before I got there.

But I do like the idea of eating in a club from time to time. I’m gonna buy some food for the first time from my favorite local club this Fall during football season when I go and watch the game with my CF :-)
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    I assumed Follies cooked their food in house - what is Cysco?
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^Sysco is a large purveyor or restaurant food sellers of ready to prepare foods to food service establishments.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    !
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    From what I remember of Follies’ food, it was good standard fare. Nothing fancy, but better than I expected for free.

I remember Sysco food being pretty decent, though that was 30+ years ago.
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    I generally don't specifically seek out strip clubs for dining, but club dining has been a good option for me when I'm on a time compressed schedule. I can kill 2 birds with 1 stone by checking out the club talent while I eat vs going to separate eatery and then spending orientation time in club. The "best" club food has been Men's Club- Dallas. They actually have a chef on staff, there's 1 or 2 days a week that they have discounted prime rib or steak. Friday Happy Hour they have a buffet by the pool with shrimp, ribs, and chicken.

Rick, what club did you indulge in Happy Hour prime rib ?
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    Well, to cue my broken record: I regularly order food in the higher end strip clubs I go to, usually choosing the dish with my ATF/CF/StripperOfTheDay, and we split it. Not only is it a great deal for the time the stripper will spend with me, I need both of us to have some food in us, since we'll be doing some drinking
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    ^I agree. Men's Club has good food. Some day I want to take a swim in the pool with some of their hard body strippers.
  • April9424
    6 years ago
    A few clubs in philly seemed to have good ones.. good happy hour prices, free admission/buffet type stuff. And the food is not bad. Every upscale club I’ve eaten at has had good food. I’ve had some really good strip club sushi
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion