tuscl

Amateur Night at the Flight Club

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Monday, June 18, 2018 1:40 PM
The Flight Club has been advertising Amateur Nights on Sundays. "The Original Amateur Night Cash prize every week 1st place $500 2nd place $250 3rd place $150 10 weeks starting May 13 Contest at 11:00PM Grand prize $20,000 Finals July 22" Having never been to an amateur night (original or otherwise), I decided to check it out. I hoped to see a bunch of first-timers taking off their clothes. Well, their definition of "amateur" was any girl not currently working at the Flight Club. They had six contestants, all of whom had obviously danced before. Even more disappointing, all six were less attractive than the average Flight Club dancer. We customers were given a card to judge the contestants from 1 to 5 in two categories: Performance and Attractiveness. So the total scores could range from 2 to 10. The first girl was hugely fat and ugly. I gave her a 2 in Performance and a 1 in Attractiveness. The other five were better looking, but not my type. They were thin, tattooed, and unimpressive as to boobage. I think the highest total score I gave was 8. The contest ended after midnight, which is past my bedtime. I did not wait around for the winner to be announced. I grabbed an Uber home. I am not going to attend any more "amateur" nights. And call me cynical, but I don't believe they will give the grand prize winner $20,000.

17 comments

• twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^cynical, you did say to cal you that ;)
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    If the grand prize does get awarded I'm guessing it goes to the club owner'should soon to be side action.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I've been to a couple and they were just like you stated. No amateurs. Just dancers from other clubs. Especially from out of town. Plus the winners appeared to be rigged.
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    Haven't been to one in years. I recall them being better then what you describe. But they also seemed to be pulled out of the crowd. Jack - their advertising did what it was aimed to do. Get you in the club, even if it's for one night.
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    I have not been in the club for any of their “amateur” nights, and I don’t intend to. I’ve seen pictures from a few of their amateur contests on their Facebook page, and there are literally hundreds of them. To state the obvious, the club seems to have an arrangement with a professional photographer to take pictures during these amateur contests. Based on the pictures I’ve seen, I completely agree with you Jack. Most of those girls are not as attractive as the club’s regular dancers.
  • Smalltowncpl
    6 years ago
    I have always enjoyed amateur night. Yes they are mostly dancers from other clubs but also some local girls some are just pulled out of the crowd.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Amateur contests are for amateurs SCers; usually of little-use for the experienced/hardcore SCer - the girls are either ringers, or true-amateurs that won't do-much anyway.
  • dancewdcpa
    6 years ago
    Thanks for saving me from a bad time Jack... I had almost gone another Sunday but appreciate your heads up!
  • zef8mich
    6 years ago
    I saw a couple of the contestants a couple of weeks ago at Flight Club. One was a well trained singer. Something I've never seen at other amateur Nights.
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    @zef8mich, was this on a Thursday or a Sunday? The club has also been advertising monthly talent competitions taking place on the third Thursday of the month.
  • zef8mich
    6 years ago
    This was on a Sunday and I got there before midnight.. Based on that I assumed it was the same as the one Jackslash saw.
  • zef8mich
    6 years ago
    Just remembered I did go Thursday and Sunday in that timeframe, so you mat be right.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    Way back in the early 80’s I went to one at the original Cheetah. There were the usual ‘pros” but there were also two local girls who participated. I remember the crowd going nuts when they took off their street clothes and non stripper underwear. I think the prize was $500 that night.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    No wonder so many bitches have GPS - no dude is gonna be paid 500-smacks just to take his clothes off [and then they complain about not being paid equal :)]
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    I saw the photos. The girl who won deserved it with her looks alone. Does anyone know if this was a one time only competition? I would actually be interested in competing if there are others.
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    Oh wait, nevermind. I just reread the first part of the post. I'm going to call the club and get whatever info I need.
  • Trucidos
    6 years ago
    Shadowcats daughter killed it last week at Follies
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion