tuscl

Oil Prices ticking up may mean $$$ for Strip Clubs and Dancers.

I work in the oil sector, so increasing oil prices are good for me. But I also think it's good for strip clubs. No other industry spends on strip clubs like the oil industry. The tech guys certainly don't. But oil sector guys spend money in strip clubs like drunken sailors. So the demand for oil will help business.

Plus it also increases rig count, often drawing clubs to sprout out whenever a new oil plain is discovered in the middle of nowhere. The way strip clubs have been depressed these past few years, an oil boom is just the medicine the doctor ordered.

6 comments

• Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Big help in Houston. The opposite will be the effect in other cities. When gas prices hit $5 and above, then people will have less money to spend. It's coming.
  • Dominic77
    6 years ago
    So I should buy oil futures and HODL them?
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    The problem with futures contracts and options is this. You might be right on the directions, but if you are wrong on the timing, then you still lose. Oil is going up. Exactly when and how much, I'm not sure. But the days of $2 gasoline are long gone. You will see $6 before you will see $2 again.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    What? I see nothing but $2 something gas everywhere I look. It has gone up but not much.
    I think in between Saudi Arabias iPo and Venezuela collapsing oil production, it may go up more but shale producers here in the us will contain prices from going too far. Over years prices will likely rise more as global demand increases.
    It's hard to predict far out. We might be using electricity for cars in the future and not nearly as much oil.

I'm glad US companies and workers are doing better with higher oil prices.
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    ^^^ I meant to say BELOW $2 again.
  • nickifree
    6 years ago
    Well, merkin head kill the Iran nuke deal, so that should help domestic petroleum businesses. And as I said in my post, it will be a boon to strip clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion