tuscl

Miami drug bust.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Dozens of Miami-Dade police officers burst into the popular Booby Trap and LaBare strip-club complex near Doral late Friday to arrest dancers and employees believed to have dealt cocaine, marijuana and other drugs to undercover detectives for more than a year.

The operation, dubbed "Neon Lights," shocked patrons with dollar bills in hand and interrupted bachelorette parties at LaBare, where annoyed women shouted at police officers to go on stage. The operation went off without a hitch, as detectives let patrons go but arrested at least nine people, seized drugs and found at least three guns.

"We had received information from our sources about trafficking and moving drugs through here, whether it be cocaine or other substances," the undercover detectives spearheading the case told the Miami Herald.

Detectives from Miami-Dade's narcotics bureau had been investigating the Booby Trap since the end of 2016, doing a series of undercover buys and surveillance operations that led a judge to sign off on 10 arrest warrants for suspected dealers. A judge also approved a search warrant for the complex at 5325 NW 77th Ave., next to the Palmetto Expressway.

The raid included agents from the U.S. Homeland Security Investigations, the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Florida Division of Alcohol Beverages & Tobacco. A team of Miami-Dade prosecutors was also on hand, including ones from the human-trafficking unit.

The popular complex houses two strip clubs. The Booby Trap features "over 40 girls" and "free lunch," according to the marquee. LaBare boasts rippled men; at least one features a James Bond act who uses a toy gun, something cops were warned about before the raid.

Throughout Saturday morning, confused patrons pulled up to the club, baffled that it was closed. Inside, dozens of 'girls' and employees were questioned and searched. Exactly how many arrests — and the identities of those arrested — were not immediately known Saturday afternoon.

11 comments

• Warrior15
    6 years ago
    Isn't this one of Papi's hang-outs ?
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    @warrior - LaBare? Nah, I don't think guys have a big enough ass for Papi's liking.
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Thus is almost exclusively Latina :mostly Cuban dancers), usually on the thuxk side, it's a very popular club, been to it a few dozen times over the years but it hasn't been on my rotation for a while.

The club is not really that seedy and I assume no more goes on there drug-wise than the avg club (no one has ever propositioned me w.r.t. drugs
  • Papi_Chulo
    6 years ago
    Perhaps there could have been some major drug trafficking going on that didn't involve most of the dancers or patrons?
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'm surprised some idiot didn't chime in claiming that drugs should be legal.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^Sounds like you just did.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    No, I may be an idiot, but I don't think they should be legal.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    "over 40 girls" and "free lunch,"

That's an interesting combo. :D
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    "Over 40 girls"

I would imagine most customers are looking for younger dancers. Plus, wouldn't they be considered ladies or women at 40? Calling them girls doesn't really fit.
  • goosman
    6 years ago
    There are a couple who look like they may be over 40. I would think there are some more clubs where this may be more of an issue then the trap.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    I went to that club about 3 times, and all with my SO. A local MC has an annual there. Can't say much and didn't write a review since they were not "normal" club visits. Did talk, well interact, with some dancers. Talking wasn't possible.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion