tuscl

USAsexguide

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, April 11, 2018 8:20 AM
The site has been down all morning. This may be another lost sex related site.

23 comments

• TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    Yeah I just now came here to post about it. They have several short term outages per day but they usually last a few minutes and then they're back up and running but I've been trying to access them for hours this morning and the site is down. The Admin there has repeatably said that they are safe from USA intrusion because they're based in another country but I'm wondering if they're suffering from a DoS attack. Hopefully this is temporary but that remains to be seen.
  • lotsoffun201
    6 years ago
    It’s become frustrating on that site. I have a feeling their on the way out
  • impala
    6 years ago
    Makes you wonder since BP is gone how much traffic is going to these other sites and if their servers can handle the increase
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    6 years ago
    To my knowledge [view link] was run by expatriates from a foreign server . I'm not sure the FBI could shut them down, which leads to scarier theories : 1) The US State Department is calling in favors and is involved 2) US ISPs blocking some offshore adult content (remember not long ago net neutrality was rescinded ) 3) Third Party hacking / blocking / DNS Denial 4) Maybe its just a site hiccup or too much traffic to the site cuz mongers and girls be paranoid
  • impala
    6 years ago
    The FCC can and has blocked foreign servers if it is determined that the sites are conducting illegal activities, deemed pro-terrorist or operated by a pro-terrorism friendly foreign state, or for any other reason that they are not in compliance with FCC regulations. And remember the FCC makes that determination and are whom any appeals must be made to.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    It's sister site, usaadultclassifieds, is down too. Too early to say whether this is a hiccup or another casualty of FOSTA, but if it is still down through tomorrow than I will assume the latter.
  • impala
    6 years ago
    Thing is, it's like someone selling a stolen car via a newspaper ad, would the government shut down the paper?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    Possibly FOSTA, but USASG is occasionally down for extended periods for maintenance. I can get to the splash page, but nothing else. It's down for everyone (see link). [view link] I have not attempted to access the site via VPN + foreign proxy. As mentioned above, the site admins often brag that they are untouchable by US restrictions. The next 24 to 48 hours will tell us how much of that was overconfidence.
  • TheeOSU
    6 years ago
    They're back up.......... for now anyway.
  • rickdugan
    6 years ago
    They have confirmed on a rather sly FB page that it is a traffic issue. They indicated that they are getting much more traffic than ever before, so it looks like impala was right on the money. Apparently they are working now to add more capacity.
  • DroidX
    6 years ago
    Nice to see it back up.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    ^ that's what she said.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    A note from their site. "PLEASE NOTE that we are having technical difficulties due to the 5-fold increase in traffic to our site due to the events noted below. Know that we are working diligently to resolve the problems. Please bear with us"
  • lopaw
    6 years ago
    New note says that they will be down for a while to find a new non-US based site to host. But they promise that they will be back.
  • daddyfatsack
    6 years ago
    Yep they are down until further notice. This of you with burner Facebook accounts will be able to tell us when.
  • Countryman5434
    6 years ago
    Backpage i never use usa i do! First naughty reviews now usa and all of them! This sucks!
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    The First Amendment challenge can't come quickly enough. Unfortunately, no one has ever helped their political career by being seen as pro human trafficking.
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    Here is the official notice. Perhaps someone or even founder can post evidence of this site's longevity [view link] [view link]
  • Estafador
    6 years ago
    [view link] / r/ 24mutky/ 9 [view link] / 24mutky . png
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    Apparently the actual current owner is still a US citizen, which means he can still be arrested even if the servers are in another country. The A2 admin has bee claiming that the site itself is safe because it’s hosted in a place where prostitution is legal. Maybe they found out different. :)
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    The new site is down again. Makes me wonder if it's closed or a normal outage.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    USASG has a fair number of outages. Some short. Some longer. I wouldn't worry just yet.
  • DrunkPraetorian
    6 years ago
    It’s back up
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion