tuscl

Do they have dollar change in Hong Kong - Tijuana?

Mtent
Relaxation
Read the top 40 in the world list for fun and I couldn't help notice that not only is most of the pricing in dollars but all the tips are dollar bills, and there seems to be a LOT of tipping required. Like every time anyone passes you by. Do people bring stacks of ones from across the border or something?

On top of that, how would you get change in general? Like let's say something is $12 and all you have is a $20 dollar bill, will they just take it? Will they give you dollar change? Will they give back pesos (probably for less than the actual exchange?

3 comments

• Jascoi
    6 years ago
    hk gives usa bills as change for using usa money. and pesos as change if you use pesos.
    no problem at all with the money.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    in fact pretty much all zona norte is no problem but things usually are a bit cheaper if you pay in pesos. run the numbers of the exchange rate you get so you are aware. or just keep it simple and use dollars.
  • galiziabob.sabbatical
    6 years ago
    I give a $20 and the mesero hands me back us bills right then and there. They all usually have a huge stack. Even the bars hand out stacks of $1 if you ask. The front desk does as well, I have gotten $1 from both places. And no I do not hand out dollars to everyone. I don't drink in Mexico so I brush off all meseros. I only hand dollars to girls so I can touch. That's worth handing out money. I bought 1 girl a drink because she was hot! I hand 1 dollar to the door guy giving the girl a covering. That's it. If you order food or drinks, more $1 tips. If you ask the mesero to find you a girl, more $1. If you get a 30 minutes room, more $1 vs getting your own room with the VIP card. Getting your own room also allows you to stay with the girl as long as she wants to stay.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion