tuscl

When the subject of Strip Clubs comes up at work

Warrenboy75
Anywhere in the USA on any given day
Thursday, March 29, 2018 9:13 AM
What do you say? Do you contribute to the conversation or simply remain silent? If you hear something inaccurate or something over the top do you correct the information or let it pass? The past two days I have been remote to my home base in an office and the topic has come up ( from other people) today from a female staff person. Maybe clubs are becoming much more mainstream than I realized. In both instances the conversation started with Las Vegas and flowed into the Northeast Ohio and Western Pa club scene and touched on a wide range of information. I remained quiet for the most part but not too quiet --wondering how others would react.

34 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    Yes it’s a bit more mainstream these days. A “lady friend of mine” was telling me how she and a few other girls would go to a club for lunch because they had a good lunch buffet.” On the other hand I would never bring that up around my wives friends husbands because most of them seem stiff as fuck.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 years ago
    I say very little or nothing. If someone asks if I've been to a strip club, I answer: "Yes, my buddies have gotten married and I went to their bachelor parties." In most circles, bachelor parties get a pervert pass. After that, I'll complain about the booze prices and shut the fuck up.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    i can’t help butt get a shit eating grin on my face.
  • a21985
    6 years ago
    I'm with @Ish on this one. I play it off like only I've been only the usual number of times a guy would go, playing the bachelor party card. As a family guy with a fairly tame reputation who clubs alone solely for extras, I prefer to keep my extracuriculars on the down low. The farthest I'll go is whenever someone breaksout the cliche "there's no sex in the champagne room" line, I'll quietly say "that's not true at all."
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I keep quiet. I’d rather not say anything - as I might make an offhand comment that sounds far too knowledgeable. If I ever get asked if I’ve been to a club - I do what Ishmael does - and say that I’ve been to a few clubs for bachelor parties. The last thing I want to do is say “Those girls don’t do shit in the back room! I’ve had much better luck with getting my cock wet at this club!”
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    I've been retired since 2009 but when I was working and it came up, I just played the occasional club goer. Never mentioned TUSCL. There was one exception. A guy that had a reputation for being a strip club monger. I did get into it a little deeper with him in private.
  • pensionking
    6 years ago
    I say nothing. I see nothing. I know Noooooothingggggg.
  • PaulDrake
    6 years ago
    So I told a buddy of mine at work I had gone to a strip club for the first time. He asked who I went with and I told him I went by myself. He was absolutely floored and even seemed a little disturbed. Guess it's best to say you have gone with friends.
  • Uprightcitizen
    6 years ago
    One trusted married friend at work on rare occasions we will team up but he prefers to bag civilian girls which he does pretty well at. I ran into another married guy at Flight Club who actually worked for me and found out he was a serious monger. We both set the circle of trust up and fortunately he is not in my department anymore. Outside of those two I do not participate in conversations about those naughty strip clubs. Who goes to those places?
  • Warrior15
    6 years ago
    If someone directly asks me, I'm not going to lie. I will tell them I have been in one ( or two ) . Try to down play it as much as possible. But no way in the world am I going to actively participate in the conversation at the workplace. The girls at the office may bring the topic up, but you can bet that if there is a harrassment lawsuit, then everyone will remember the male talking about it.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    I agree with the others here. If asked directly, I will admit to having seen the inside of a strip club before and use the bachelor party example. It’s more believable than denying it altogether. But I don’t go any further in a conversation than that because I don’t know how it’s going to be received. Plus, I don’t want to show any familiarity with clubbing. It’s no one’s business. Some of the shit others come up with in the conversation is pretty funny but I just smile and say “that’s interesting”.
  • Digitech
    6 years ago
    Most recent time this happened was during business travel wirh me, a female coworker and two people outside the company. This was a big multiweek trip and there were maybe 20 or 30 people attending. We were having drinks at a hotel bar and somehow the topic of strip clubs briefly came up. One guy said that he viewed them as a waste of money because its just a tease and you can't touch them. He said he isn't against P4P and he went to red light district when he went to Amsterdam. The topic quickly changed, and I didn't say anything. It was probably inappropriate, especially in the presence of the female coworker. But if she hadn't been there or if it was just me and him I might shared some of my exploits and taught him that it wasn't all a tease.
  • georgmicrodong
    6 years ago
    At work: “Is that really an appropriate topic for the Work place?” Since I work for a large, internationally recognized company, that usually shuts it down. And paints me as a prude. :) At home: My youngest daughter is getting married in October. Both her and her maid of honor, my oldest, asked me what clubs would be fun for them to go to for her bachelorette party. Then her fiancé’s father asked me about the bachelor party...
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    GMD, hope you don’t recommend the same club for both parties. Although I suppose it could go down in family lore if the marriage still occurs.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    In the years I have been coming to this office it never once has come up and then this week twice, back to back days from different people. Today was the odd one--three women all younger than me started talking about the various clubs in the area and how their boyfriends always end up in one whenever a group of friends get together....she goes with her boyfriend local, but when they go to Vegas she doesn't go because it is too "raunchy" and the Vegas girls will do more.......her words. And the one girl in particular knew the places to some extent. Not just by name but the inside atmosphere by looks.I was surprised it went on as long as it did and I said something twice only because I was asked. Otherwise I smiled or laughed at an occasional comment and that was it on my part. Afterwards I wondered if I was too quiet.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I immediately report them to HR because it makes me feel uncomfortable.
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    When I lived in Wisconsin, I had a co-worker that would occasionally talk about the local clubs. Everyone knew he went to clubs. Sometimes he would schedule group outings at a club with other co-workers (both male and female). I never got involved in any such conversations. I had everyone convinced that I was not the type that would have any interest in going to a club. Last summer, I was sitting at my desk getting work done and I heard the very end of a conversation between two female co-workers as they walked by my desk. One woman said to the other, "Try Players or Coliseum, but I think you will like Coliseum better." I pretended I did not hear anything. If the woman in question was thinking about applying at a club to work, she did not follow through, becuause I have not seen her at work every day since I overheard that discussion, and thankfully I have not seen her in a club either.
  • K
    6 years ago
    As a contractor, I shut up. I do occasionally take a client to a strip club but only after he has made it clear he wants me to. I cannot imagine any upside to me discussing strip clubs or other aspects of my hobby. If anyone is offended for any reason I might lose the contract. My brother the minister would suffer embarrassment. Under no situation do I see anyone saying, "hey, K's a monger, let's throw more money at him." There is absolutely no upside to me saying anything.
  • s275ironman
    6 years ago
    "I have not seen her at work every day since I overheard that discussion" That should read "I have seen her at work every day since I overhead that conversation"
  • sshrfrsky
    6 years ago
    About 5 years ago just before Christmas an envelope from the closest SC was mailed to my work attention my boss who was female or "business owner" . Decided to open it as I was sure it wasn't specific to my boss. There were about 10 free passes. The staff had a good laugh as she would be the last person to step into a SC. Looks like the SC was trying to drum up business and was hoping to get a couple of work holiday parties. I took it out back to the trash but secretly pocketed them. This was before I became a regular at this particular SC or any SC and those passes actually was the spark in combination with what was going on with my life that started my PL career.
  • vincemichaels
    6 years ago
    ^^ Lucky you, sshrfrsky !!
  • Conundrum
    6 years ago
    I say nothing as I sit there in the the t-shirt and hat given out by the local club counting my ones.
  • Daddillac
    6 years ago
    I ran into my lawyer at follies one day.... I was coming out of the small room and he was waiting to go in.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I got talked into going to a club for the first time at one place I worked at. It was just guys in the office. Small business. The next place I worked at, bigger company, some guys knew I clubbed. I ran into some at the club. Word spread among some. I never talked about it at work. You never knew when a female might hear and it would be considered inappropriate. One co worker asked if about it and he showed me some pics from a regular party. He asked me if I knew if any were strippers. We ended up at the club once or twice. He was more interested in hitting on the better looking waitress than watching the stage show, It seemed awkward having him join me at the strip club. It seemed more like he was joining me at the club just to pick up information about me instead of enjoying the evening. At work it was stressed it was inappropriate to visit strip clubs as an employee and would be considered against company policy to visit as employees. I made sure not to talk about it and never suggest going there with other employees as part of any company trip. On my own time without any mention of who we worked for, I figured I could keep doing what I've done for years. I made sure not to identify myself on any social media as an employee of company xyz. The old company used to trear foreign customers by taking them to strip clubs on occasion because the guys requested it. Overseas guys aren't hung up on prudish American customs about sexual oriented businesses. However it became against company policy to take customers to strip clubs too. I'm not sure if that caused any loss of business or not. They could still go but only on their own.
  • orionsmith
    6 years ago
    I don't really like big corporations dictating what employees can say and do on their own time but they make that part of a requirement if you are identified as an employee. Small companies years ago, it was fine for the guys to put up posters of girls working with power tools. In many places, it is not ok anymore. You can't even put up a picture in your locker of a girl in a bikini if it can be viewed by other females. I actually saw some females from work at a strip club one night. I was hoping they didn't see me. If they did, they never said anything to me. I remember at a staff meeting with supervisors, they were talking about starting an employee exercise program. It was actually a female supervisor that suggested we needed someone good looking to lead the exercises because no one would want to watch us lead the group. She suggested just talking maybe we could get a stripper to possibly lead exercises. No one seemed surprised. I was a bit surprised she suggested it and in a staff meeting too. This was before the company became a much bigger company and policy changed. I can just imagine if someone had hired a stripper to lead exercises how that would have gone over when the company changed owners. I think it would have really gotten employees to exercise though if we had a stripper in a bikini leading exercises at work though. Best idea I heard in a long time. At the time, she didn't know I had phone numbers or she might have asked me. Maybe she did too. One guy at work I knew for a couple years dated a different girl or two every week and said he knew a few were strippers. Said he could hook me up if interested. Pretended I wasn't. I didn't want to tell him much. Good thing. Went to local bars with him one night and he blabbed to everyone at work about a drunk girl making moves on me. I'd hate to think what he would have said if he had seen all the girls approach me in a strip club like they knew me.
  • Ch3ll
    6 years ago
    It depends on the feel I have for the group of people involved in the conversation. There are different departments where I work, and I being a part of the I T department, I've came across or everyone once. If it were to come up in my department, I'd keep quiet and ask questions like I've never been but once or twice. If it was another department and back to my feel of the people I'd drop some hints or join in, but not to the extent showing I know more than a little about strip clubs. A particular department's mid level boss had a birthday and they wanted to take him to a strip club. Him and I would talk from time to time and a worker of his I gave input on the different clubs based on what type of girls/music they were looking for. So most of his department and some others did go and I only dropped in briefly to say hello and bought him two VIP dances. Almost every time I passed him or came in his office area he'd be saying stuff about strip clubs and how I be going. So lesson learned. Best to not let it be known how much I go or know.
  • stanlee
    6 years ago
  • lopaw
    6 years ago
    If it's guys talking then I join in and add my two cents. But if it's women dissing on clubs or the dancers (as older civvie women often do) I tend to shut the fuck up. Last thing I want is for them to know about my little hobby habits. They would never understand.
  • larryfisherman
    6 years ago
    I’ll say I’ve been to a few clubs during bachelor parties, but that’s it.
  • DandyDan
    6 years ago
    Back when I lived in Omaha, I used to talk about it way more than I should have. On the one hand, I found out 3 different women there were previously strippers. On the other hand, one potential girlfriend decided I was a creep to even bring it up. After that, I only ever talked about them with 3 different guys, all of whom I knew at least liked to go once in a while. After moving here, I talked about them with this one guy once, and that was it. FWIW, his opinion of each of the clubs I have been to has been spot on, with one exception and I think that was mostly because I went on a bad day.
  • PeterEaster
    6 years ago
    That buttoned-down guy in the office, the one in a sweater vest and horn-rimmed glasses, the last person anyone would suspect of going to a strip club - that's me, lol, and the way I like to keep it. One day in the office break room someone asked me if I had change for a $5 for the soda machine. I reached into my suit pocket and without thinking about it pulled out a wad of singles and started to pull off five $1 bills. Someone else saw this and said, "Hey Pete, why do you have so many one dollar bills?" Then one of the younger women joined in "Peter's gonna make it rain tonight" Soon everyone was laughing and making little jokes. I was panicked for a moment that my cover had been blown, but then I realized that they were just teasing me because the thought of me actually going to a strip club was so outlandish to them.
  • Clubber
    6 years ago
    I pretty much worked alone, so it didn't come up unless I went to a club. My work friends that and I would often meet after work, so it was discussed a lot then.
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    ^^People don’t talk about cumming in their pants at your work? Surprising.
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    I'm usually the one that brings up strip clubs at work, but I do so in a joking manner. Most of my coworkers couldn't imagine that I'm as much of a strip club enthusiast as I am.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion