tuscl

Military Discounts

doctorevil
Evil Lair
The “tipping the door girl” thread got me thinking about this. I don’t know how many of you are aware, but many clubs offer a military discount on the cover charge. By discount, I mean free, in most cases. Sometimes it’s actually a discount, usuallly 50%. My informal guesstimate is that over half do this. I usually ask if the cover charge is $10 or more; if $5 I don’t bother because it seems kinda cheap to ask when the door charge is that low. It seem more frequent in the South. Molly Browns in Daytona Beach actually used to comp the cover and the first drink, but they stopped doing this recently. Moms Venus would com the door charge and the first dance—a really good deal (don’t know if they still do this). Anyway, if ask and they give me the discount, I tip the door girl a buck or two, otherwise not.

12 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I'm a vet and have never encountered a discount. I'm still looking for a senior citizen discount. :)
  • max_starr
    7 years ago
    I'm a vet too, but I don't go around asking for military discounts...I was given one at autozone when the manager spied my vet plates on my car though lol..
  • doctorevil
    7 years ago
    I can’t remember the first time I got the discount. I think the door guy saw my mil ID in my wallet and said military was free, so I started asking and it turns lots of places do it. If they say no, no big deal. They don’t owe me anything. But if that’s their policy, I’ll take advantage if it. By the way, Home Depot has a 10% mil discount on just about everything.
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    So that’s why Vince Michaels goes to the club in his old ‘Nam tiger stripe cammies
  • londonguy
    7 years ago
    I'm ex forces but don't seek to gain free entry because of it.
  • realDougster
    7 years ago
    @londonguy - Were you in the SAS like Vince?
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    It’s good that some clubs offer a military discount/free admission. More clubs should offer it. They should let guys know it’s available too.
  • sinclair
    6 years ago
    The military discount applies to active military I would assume. Active duty and reserves are less than 1% of the United States population. If they gave a discount to veterans, that would be about 14-15% of men in the United States. Some strip clubs also offer discounts to first responders. I have also seen a couple strip clubs give free admission to college students with a valid student id to drum up business on slow weeknights.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    Sometimes they ask you to sign in for the discount, and the sheet will often have several different categories, such as military, airline, first responder, etc. For military they usually ask for an ID. Vets who are not retired don’t get an ID. I think the VA has started issuing IDs to any honorably discharged veteran (not positive about this) so that might work.
  • shadowcat
    6 years ago
    You can renew your Georgia drivers license for free if you are a vet but you have to go to a veterans office to obtain the proper paper work. Not worth the time and trouble to me.
  • TippingDollars
    6 years ago
    Sorry to say but I'm tired of these former military vets looking for discounts. You choose to go in the military. I think doctors, nurses, teachers should get more praise and discounts. These people are actually saving lives every day.
  • doctorevil
    6 years ago
    The best thing about having a vet drivers license or plates is you are almost guaranteed never to get another ticket for a minor traffic violation.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion