tuscl

Location, Location, Loca... Wait, what?

EastCoaster
I strongly prefer women of color. Every color.
I just noticed that there was a state listed along with my TUSCL name and avatar in all of my posted reviews, comments, and discussions. I have never listed a state in my profile. So the state I saw listed today said Pennsylvania. I've lived a lot of places, but Pennsylvania is not one of them. However, right now I *am* in Pennsylvania and just posted a handful of reviews for Pennsylvania clubs. It was easy enough to change my profile, but I thought that was weird. Has anyone else experienced this?

18 comments

• RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Yeah, it's fetching your current location from your browser. Annoying.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Mine says Atlanta. How do it know? :)
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    Look up BSS and ESS online--it will explain how the site can track your whereabouts. You can turn off some of the tracking information and limit other info.......most people use Google---turn off the Geotracker and it will minimize the tracking
  • TFP
    7 years ago
    Happened to me also. I've never listed my home state but it shows up now.

Some members have edited their locations with funny stuff. I like the location that says 'in the VIP with your ATF'.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    It automatically fills in with the state where your IP address is. You can edit it on your account page.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I think you should eliminate that feature Founder. Really no need for it.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    Thanks for your input. My intent was to get people to use the location setting. I was hoping that by simply putting the state there would get people to start using it. You can edit it on the account page, and you can put anything you want there. It doesn't have to be your location.

Just think of it as your personal tagline

• founder
    7 years ago
    Just to be clear-- We are NOT tracking any personal info, and we are not selling your data. It was just an idea to add a little more personality to the site.

thanks for contributing.

• GACA
    7 years ago
    I like what you're doing to the place @Founder. Keep it up
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Fine by Me, I'm a Michigander and proud of it.
  • Cheo_D
    7 years ago
    My one comment is that I get to move about a bit so the field would be unreliable for me... but I think I may play around with it.
  • EastCoaster
    7 years ago
    Well, as you see, despite my changing the location earlier today from Pennsylvania (where I've been since Thursday) to nothing, it's now back to Pennsylvania. Between then and now I had logged out and logged back in from a different hotel in the Philly area. Founder, when I changed it earlier today, did I miss a "save changes" button somewhere?
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ perhaps not putting anything defaults to wherever you are logging-in - if you put something like "East Coast" it may not change?
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I think you have to have something written to override the default location of where you are logging in from.
  • EastCoaster
    7 years ago
    OK, I'll try that -- as soon as i figure out something clever to add...
  • orionsmith
    7 years ago
    My IP address is off hundreds of miles. I changed mine to something just as accurate.
  • founder
    7 years ago
    If you leave it blank, it will use the state that your isp is in.

• WillMunny
    7 years ago
    I'm frequently mobile so the default location wasn't accurate, but I think it would be preferable for most posters if this feature was "opt-in." Obviously no issue with reviews that establish where I've been clubbing, but I prefer not to publicly announce where "home" is.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion