tuscl

Just searched Follies on Facebook

From the pics and vids I gather this is a predominantly AA club? I was expecting so much more. I club in Dallas, haven't been to Atlanta in 15 years. Reminds me of some of the hood joints here I would avoid at all costs.

11 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Follies is kinda "2 clubs in 1" - mostly AA at night, mostly not AA on dayshift - most regulars hit the dayshift (and it's unlike most dayshifts - can have 50+ dancers)
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Follies is very unusual in being two different clubs. I would never go to Follies at night. But I have been to day shift many times. It’s not remotely high end but not too scary.

I think day shift may be going downhill but shadow and other regulars will know a lot more than me.
  • TXbananas
    7 years ago
    Makes sense, in my mind I had a Georgia Baby Dolls pictured--a warehouse store of hot trim.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Had not really looked at Follies in other social media - was looking at some Yelp reviews and lots of negative reviews mostly from nightshift visits and people not being allowed in (some people charged $40 to park, then not allowed-in, and not being refunded their parking)
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    I’ve seen Follies on social media. Doesn’t represent the day shift though it seems to be skewing more AA daytime too.
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    The first time I went to Follies was early evening. Didn't seem to be AA at all. That was around maybe 7-8 years ago.
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    Clubber, things have changed a great deal in the last 4-5 years.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I'm still hitting Follies twice a week. After 8PM it is primarily black with a different management team that is not as permissive as the day shift. Like others have said day shift is mixed and and more extras friendly but if you are searching for cute petite white girls, they have become few and far between. The Cubans make up about a 3rd of the day shift now and that is not making things any better. I used to do VIPs about 50% of the time. I think I'm down to 25% or less. Still the best value club around but you have to be diverse.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    LOL - well-put
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    And they were charging up to $60 cover to get in the fast VIP line
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    ^^ the one time I was at Follies late enough to be leaving around midnight, this was exactly the case. The long line off to the side was $30 cover, the short line "up the middle" was $60.

Didn't even think about the parking. Got hit up for $20 last time I arrived at 330pm. $40 at night doesn't sound out of line
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion