tuscl

What percent of strippers are in the profession because they have a debilitating

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 7:49 PM
I'm gonna say about 20%, but closer to 30% if we consider drug addiction a mental illness.

44 comments

• shailynn
    6 years ago
    I'm going with 60%
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    If the mental illness is truly debilitating then it would prevent them from earning a living and being able to work in strip clubs. While I agree that drug addiction is a mental illness, it's just the opposite of a debilitating one. Perhaps a better question is what percent of people who call themselves Randle_McMurphy have a debilitating mental illness and hang out all day on TUSCL when they never actually go to strip clubs.
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    100% most likely
  • Lurker_X
    6 years ago
    There certainly are ladies dancing because they have ADD and can't focus on the tedium of "normal punch a time clock" jobs.
  • Randle_McMurphy
    6 years ago
    "There certainly are ladies dancing because they have ADD and can't focus on the tedium of "normal punch a time clock" jobs." And I've given plenty of lovin' to every last one of them!
  • 4got2wipe
    6 years ago
    We're having an old-fashioned troll fight! Ace!
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @RPM take them fishing. ;)
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    "While I agree that drug addiction is a mental illness, it's just the opposite of a debilitating one.' To further elucidate, it is a well documented fact that heroin-addicted strippers make the best OTC girls - just ask Gawker and Rick Dugan
  • full_metal_RIL
    6 years ago
    You guys are getting it all wrong because my CF never takes drugs and she's perfectly sane and she's absolutely perfect and she's in love with me and life could never be better and she says that none of the girls she works with ever takes drugs but I would never buy dances from them anyways because I only love my CF and she loves me too the end.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    I don’t think it’s an easy job to hold down for someone with ‘debilitating’ mental illness, but I know a lot of the girls I work with have some anxiety, depression, add, etc. I have high functioning anxiety. I don’t get panic attacks, but I push myself too hard bc I think I have to be perfect, and then I get overwhelmed, and crash. I’ll do stuff like ghost friends, and leave a job and never come back. W stripping, it’s no big deal to take a couple weeks off to regather myself. Plus, I can afford to do it. The job isn’t necessarily easy for some issues, but the very low standards, and constant reassurance that I’m doing a good job (cash in hand), makes me feel secure. I think it’s hard for some mental illnesses that normal job tho. Just depends on the girl.
  • shailynn
    6 years ago
    ^^^i think you just described “Illnesses” that strippers have which happen to be the same exact illnesses you find in most “cubicle farms” in offices across America. In other words, everyone is crazy, not exclusive to just strippers!!!
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    ^^ I completely agree, and I think more ppl would be strippers, or have similar work responsibilities, if they could lol.
  • Randle_McMurphy
    6 years ago
    I've known plenty of strippers with bi-polar disorder. There would be times when they were extremely elated and blissful and there were times when they were extremely depressed. While depressed they would stop going into the club for a week or more at a time with no advance notice to the club. This would make an office job impracticable. Most of them were eventually fired from at least one club where they worked, say for getting mad at another girl and punching her, but these girls would have been fired much faster in office environment.
  • Randle_McMurphy
    6 years ago
    Nurse Ratchet just told us no more poker. And realDougster complained that he won't be able to win his cigarettes back unless we keep playing.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    I think being so confrontational and entitled, would be a bigger hurdle for a lot of strippers to overcome in a normal job. Some dancers can hardly manage a sentence without calling someone a bitch, and see it as a strength that they will “tell it to a bitch’s face!” or that they would, “fuck a bitch up!” over whatever petty conflict they are facing that day. You just can’t behave like that at most jobs.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Bj9943 Minutes Ago I don’t think it’s an easy job to hold down for someone with ‘debilitating’ mental illness, but I know a lot of the girls I work with have some anxiety, depression, add, etc. I have high functioning anxiety. I'd add the clinical definition of narcissism to the list as well......it's become common for people due to social media to accuse people of being a narcissist but the real disease is harsh and there really isn't a cure---if you look at the tell tale signs strippers at least a percentage of them fit the bill. Years ago it was considered mostly a "male" mental condition but there are studies it is rising rapidly with women.....and as a person ages from their 20's into their 30's from what I have observed the condition brings on other disorders, depression, anxiety, feelings of self-loathing.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Are narcissists sociopaths? I do seriously wonder how some girls can be so unfair to customers, and lie to their boyfriends and husbands without feeling guilty.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Same goes for some pls too, I guess.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    Narcissist are slightly different than sociopaths-the sad part is there really is no known cure and a narcissist by the very definition will refuse to seek the help they need to function. I can only speak for my own interactions but you pick up on a odd vibe fairly quickly when you meet one but sometimes it takes a while before they reveal their true self-- and when the mask comes off it's a combination of a shock to most people and frighting. For the most part they lead very sad and unfulfilling lives
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    I don’t know. I read that it only truly affects 1% of the population, but that most ppl have some narcissistic traits. I can see how stripping would be a very favorable job for someone w narcissism tho. It does sound like a few girls I know.
  • Warrenboy75
    6 years ago
    1% is still 3.2 million people in the USA......look at the date on the source you read, if you notice anything after the year 2015 shows a rise, especially with women. And it is true we all have some traits which is also what makes it hard to see --but it is about how many of the traits one has as well as the degree of severity. There are as I recall without looking about 20 traits.
  • MackTruck
    6 years ago
    I love you bj
  • Randle_McMurphy
    6 years ago
    "I'd add the clinical definition of narcissism to the list as well......" I can confirm this. Dougster has been committed. They've taken away his courtyard privileges and slipped him a softee.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"We're having an old-fashioned troll fight! Ace!" The best part is, I'm pretty sure they're the same person. In totally unrelated news: Hi Dougster!
  • full_metal_RIL
    6 years ago
    Hi Subraman. How are you?
  • full_metal_RIL
    6 years ago
    Shit! I used the wrong sign-in.
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    "We're having an old-fashioned troll fight! Ace!" Troll on troll violence is wrong.
  • full_metal_RIL
    6 years ago
    I'm not a troll because my CF has high standards and she would never waste her time with a troll and besides we're in love and we're going to get married but I have to buy more dances from her first so that she can afford a down payment on our home the end.
  • realDougster
    6 years ago
    @full_metal - your CF is cock teasing you worse than Josh McDaniels teased the Colts
  • damn_it_janet
    6 years ago
    I am not teasing full_metal_RIL I love him and he loves me and we're going to get married and buy a house together but first he needs to buy more dances can't you read pretendDougster.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    This discussion is quite interesting - after weeding through the trolling. I’m not sure how this will be taken, but since psychiatric meds are some of the most highly prescribed meds in this country currently - I’d think it’s possible that there might be a higher incidence of mental illness in the strip club community as a whole (clubbers and dancers). I think the incidence is higher because clubs offer an escape from reality - and since clubbers generally seek an escape - and dancers provide the facade of attraction (or the escape) - it seems logical. I’m not sure if the debalitating part is fully true. As a cubicle corporate type - I see my need for routine. I couldn’t exist without routine. For dancers - they might need less routine - to recover from the harsh environment of the club? So it could be that both customers and dancers have some type of mental illness. But I don’t know if it’s a debilitating type of illness. Being able to hold a job (whether at one place - or whether moving around) is a sign that the mental illness isn’t too debilitating.
  • Subraman
    6 years ago
    -->"Shit! I used the wrong sign-in." LOL totally understandable given the sheer number; sometimes I think the only ones on the entire site are me, Dougster, and the Indian packers and movers. And I'm not so sure about the Indians. (cue the shot of a bunch of Indian movers and packers, and one is saying, "I will be betting you 5000 Indian Quatloos that that motherfucker Subraman is Dougster!")
  • wiffle shwaffle
    6 years ago
    I would definitely agree with bj's comments above. The outstanding and obvious narcissistic dancers are the ones I want to literally slap sense into though. I feel narcissism in women is more common with the younger millennials (the ones who are entitled and feel everyone owes them something) rather than women in their late twenties and up. Anyway, I don't have any mental illness keeping me from holding a normal job, but I do have an autoimmune disease that kicks my ass and leaves me in bed for a day out of every week or two. I have two college degrees and I continue to dance because I'm torn between two different career paths to take next. Plus, I enjoy being able to call in on days I wake up feeling like a useless human due to my physical illness.
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    @BJ99- What "regular" (eg, non-stripping) job do you presently hold, if any ? (general position, line of work) One angle not touched yet is that some jobs/professions require an initial drug screening test. I suspect that many dancers would not pass the screening. Ditto for jobs requiring be subject to random drug tests.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ~~ Mental Illness ~~ is a myth. Its only purpose is to further marginalize the already marginalized. People need to learn to see through the lie. [view link] SJG Led Zeppelin [view link] Shout Out To Founder: 1. Thanks for giving us back the indexes to old posts and threads. 2. Being able to easily get a link to an individual post would help. 3. It it were possible to unlock the old threads, then people will be more likely to read some of them when they get bumped, as opposed to just being linked to in a new thread. 4. With the current software, when reading a thread, it is difficult to find where the posts stop, and where the recommendations for other threads start. Some blatant visual cue would help.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Schizophrenic much ?
  • Randle_McMurphy
    6 years ago
    "~~ Mental Illness ~~ is a myth." He keeps saying that to everyone at group. He says it every day. Over and over again. If you hear it enough you'll start to believe it. Mental illness is a myth. Front room makeout session. Then don't give her any money or buy any dances.
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    Never said anything about not giving strippers money. Founder, looks like we can't get to our PM's with this current software? SJG
  • will_wonka
    6 years ago
    Candy is the cure to all illnesses!
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’ve heard that Paradise - from an adult bookstore/nighttime strip club in Sacramento was the cure for all my ills! Now I guess I’ll have to turn my van around and see if I can find the club where Candy works! This shouldn’t be too difficult.
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    @ minnow, I don’t currently hold another regular job. I have a business degree, and I have worked as a case worker, and have been an office manager/receptionist. I’m in my mid thirties and have only danced for around a year and a half. Why do you ask?
  • minnow
    6 years ago
    @BJ99; I ask just to wrap my finger around your background for the posts you've made. Don't you know that avid strip club patrons have an inquisitive mind ?
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    Lol. Makes perfect sense. ;)
  • san_jose_guy
    6 years ago
    ~~Mental Illness~~ is just a concept invented to subdue the marginalized and disgruntled. Mental Health is a fascism of the persona. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion