tuscl

Does this web site seem incredibly slow to anyone else?

Sunday, November 5, 2006 10:34 AM
I'm just finding it annoying slow to respond and change screens. Perhaps it's because the server is slow and I'm used to high speed.

15 comments

• casualguy
    18 years ago
    No problem at all right now. Not sure what the problem is.
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    Slow, Wed. about 8AM. Maybe someone can track down why, if they know the times.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I don't quite understand this site. It should be fast late at night but it's super slow lagging up to almost a whole minute between changing screens. Frustating to use this site at times. All I was trying to do was change screens too. It's sporadic in how fast it moves.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Everything is going good for me now. I even traveled shadowcat speed plus or minus and got back from PP Columbia in just about an hour. Sorry shadowcat, the girls are going to be worn out now. Maybe they can rest up on Sunday.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Maybe it's the users who are slow, not the site. No posts for over nine hours.
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    Remembering dial-up. I think my first computer connection to the outside world was running at 300 baud. Now, even DSL seems slow at times.
  • hugevladfan
    18 years ago
    never recognised a problem previously.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    It was really slow last night for me. Click and then waiting on tuscl. waiting waiting and waiting. My connection is high speed so it's not on my end. Tonight is much better. Reminds me of having dial up. Guess I will just try to avoid using the site when it's that slow. Don't really have much choice because it's very irritating to me now to have to wait 10 to 15 seconds for the page to change just clicking on something that should make it change. Oh well, can't beat the price.
  • Clubber
    18 years ago
    Lately, yes.
  • DougS
    18 years ago
    yep... definitely experienced very slow response times with this site, but fortunately those times have been few and far between. I've also have problems at times, of even connecting to this site, getting the tired ol' message "page not found", which I assume is because the connection was timing out because of slow performance.
  • DandyDan
    18 years ago
    There are times it just seems very slow, probably even more so to me because I'm on a dialup connection. But there have been times I was on a public computer (usually the local college library) where I wanted to check out TUSCL and it didn't go as fast as planned.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I'm not sure what the problem was. This site is working faster than ever for me now.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Fixing an error in my previous message: Sentence reads: "Meaning, if I've been reading a page a long time, and then click a link on a link on that page, the link won't ever work." Sentence SHOULD read: "Meaning, if I've been reading a page a long time, and then I click on a link on that page, the link won't ever work." Other typos you can figger out yerself. Sorry! :)
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    I postred a while back about slowness at TUSCL. Some others kind of got what I meant and reported experiencing something similar, while some others just thought it was my own computer and/or internet problem, not endemic to TUSCL itself. My experience is, that TUSCL links time out. Meaning, if I've been reading a page a long time, and then click a link on a link on that page, the link won't ever work. But if I refresh that page so that it's "new" on my screen (rather than sitting there a long time) the same link will work normally. This is particularly a problem with the "Post It" button at the bottom of the "Add Discussion Message" page. I have experienced this on every computer I've ever used, in every web browser I've ever used, at any internet connection I've ever used, but nowhere other than TUSCL. So I don't think it's me. I dn't complain -- this is still a great website !! I'm very happy with all the resources here !! -- but it would be neat if someone who knew computers could enlighten me, or us. I have developed a work-around, as mentioned above. If I find that a TUSCL link is being cantankerous, I re-load the page on which it appears. That generally clears it up.
  • chandler
    18 years ago
    Right around the time Book Guy posted about it before, TUSCL began to get very slow for me at times. Just a guess, but I think the map feature must be overloading the server. It comes and goes. However, I've never had the specific problem Book Guy describes.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion