tuscl

Entertainers sexual harassment???

Monday, January 15, 2018 8:10 AM
Is there even such a thing? I have been wondering that for a while. When i get to work my manager (a guy) comes into the dressing rooms all the time. And like clockwork while he is chatting with me i take my street clothes off and stand naked in front of him and change into my stripper outfits. Almost all dancers at all clubs have had some sort of unwanted contact with an owner or manager. Some silly some not so much. Ive had my shoulders rubbed, ass smacked and had to sit on the laps of several over the years. The management often look at it as, well your gonna do it anyway to strangers and try the we are friends approach. If an manager finds out you do extras and doesnt fire you then your really screwed. Find me a girl thats doing extras and ill find a girl thats either really sneaky or fucking her manager. So the question is, harassment in other workplace is straight forward but adult entertainment is not. Often times girls in this work are looked at as asking for it because of the job. But i believe this isnt the case in all instences. Thoughts?

23 comments

• Bj99
    6 years ago
    My club isn’t like that. It’s a pretty big deal to be fair. It’s rare for a male staff to come to the dressing room, and he’s supposed to say something. I don’t think I’ve very been touched by a staff member.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    Good points Poley I guess the answer is it’s ok if your customers do it, but if the club employees do it it could be harassment depending on the the particular employee’s relationship with the dancer.
  • poledancer83
    6 years ago
    certainly not every club is this way just as not every manager is. but i would imagine most girls who are honest have a story similiar
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    have you tried telling your manager that youre changing and he should leave? or when someone is asking to sit on their lap or rubbing your shoulders that its going to cost them. if they want to be treated like a customer tell them to clock out and youll get to them. why are you trying to be cool with your co-workers? tell them to fuck off and if it still continues then you have a problem. your job is taxing, but you are acting naive.
  • poledancer83
    6 years ago
    just for the record this is not something currently going on this is over the course of my time dancing .
  • eyeofodin
    6 years ago
    poledancer --- I have a blunt answer. Yes it is sexual harassment. When I ran night clubs years ago that would not have been tolerated. When I was in management positions for others that would not have been tolerated. Any of the managers that work for me now would be out on their ass if they did that. It is a work environment period.... not some place for a person in a position of power to have their urges satisfied. If a person can have an effect your employment (having to fuck the owner or manager) and uses blackmail for you to keep your job it is the lowest of the lowest form of sexual harassment bordering on criminal. Either the rule exists for all or it exists for none, no looking away just for a manager to get off. Friends rational or you're going to do it with strangers rational (strangers that pay verses wanting a freebie)-- bullshit. My views most likely will not be popular on the issue here, but I will stand by them and defend them if called upon.
  • rockie
    6 years ago
    "This is over the course of my time dancing." I would think that a complete reset to today's view of harassment could end the strip club industry completely. That does nothing to deny the merits of Poledancer's post and experiences!
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    The worst harassment I ever faced was from another dancer. She was very strong and she’d pull our thongs aside and lick our pussy on stage! I felt so violated.
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    ^^^Are you sure that wasn’t Juice in drag ?
  • Bj99
    6 years ago
    No. I’m not.
  • bubba267
    6 years ago
    I've had several dancers I trust tell me about unwelcomed contact or advances from managers and bouncers. It probably seems safer to these guys given the environment, but a good lawyer could get the girls money if they decided to press the issue. Not many would, so they put up with it as one of the hazards of the job.
  • anonlvone
    6 years ago
    @bj I've heard of one dancer fingering another dancer on stage on a dare. That's really crossing the line imo
  • flagooner
    6 years ago
    One of my former favs left the club because the management promoted a culture where she felt pressure to have sex with the manager. Totally inappropriate.
  • GACA
    6 years ago
    Ya there's definitely such a thing as sexual harassment. Forced BJ's Hand Jobs, and FS. Now anything less than that in a club environment and well... Ehh I don't think so
  • twentyfive
    6 years ago
    @Bj99 ;))
  • rh48hr
    6 years ago
    If it's unwanted, it's harassment. No debate on that. Just because you dance on guys doesn't mean they get to stick their finger in your vagina. Just because you work at a strip club doesn't give management the right to do things to you that make you uncomfortable.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    just because im a customer at a SC doesnt give strippers the right to jump on lap and offer me a lap dance. thats sexual harrasment because its unwanted. Try saying no and stop geeze..
  • GACA
    6 years ago
    ^^^ I had a no-touch rule for myself at strip clubs I hate when strippers give you that stripper hug after you tip them so I told him never ever touch me unless I ask first. (honest this really happened) Should see the reaction, actually pisses them off that they can't touch you. Takes away their feelings of control I guess. Anyways.. Next thing you know they're dying to get your permission and approval to hug you... weird
  • Liwet
    6 years ago
    Your manager is scum. You shouldn't mess with your own product.
  • anonlvone
    6 years ago
    @poledancer - everything in your OP is just flat out wrong. as i've said repeatedly, management should not be fucking dancers. that also includes management should not be ogling dancers in the dressing room. it's completely unprofessional and counter productive when strip club managers are chasing after dancers instead of managing their clubs. one obvious unwanted consequence i've experienced, is when you have to worry about a manager getting upset because you've taken a certain dancer to VIP. i absolutely do not need that shit in my life. no one does. it's bad for dancers, bad for the customers. and i will and i have call them out on that shit when i see it going on.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    I’ve waited to respond, after reading the original post, so I could think about this situation. The original post (by PD) depicts sexual harassment. It’s wrong for a manager to watch a dancer as she dresses. Going farther - and groping her - or even massaging her - is also harassment. However, there doesn’t appear to be a safe method for a dancer to report harassment. A proper workplace should allow dancers to come to work, and not be harassed by other coworkers or management. Generally clubs are small - and there isn’t a proper separation of duties - and it can be close to impossible to find an impartial person to confide in - or to handle a complaint involving harassment. There is most likely an attitude that dancers are there to take their clothes off - so they should be accustomed to undressing in front of others. There may also be an attitude that dancers will be groped by customers - so again it should be ok to take a feel. These attitudes are both incorrect and outdated. If management doesn’t respect its employees (dancers) - can they really expect customers to respect them? A business that doesn’t respect its employees is setting itself up for failure. However, in the strip club world - that might be a major exception - as some girls will always be coming because they are in dire straights - and they need money quickly.
  • Salty.Nutz
    6 years ago
    there isnt a safe method, safe space, or nice way, in strip clubs or in the civvie world to tell people to shut the fuck up, don't touch me, get out of here. its something that takes time and practice. if you dont, you usually end up having a discussion with yourself on the drive home of what should of happened. eventually youll snap at some poor loser, when all that built up negative emotion should have been directed to your managers.
  • Cashman1234
    6 years ago
    PD I’ll throw it out there - as I’m a sensitive type. If you want me to discretely oogle your photos - you can just email them to me. That way, you won’t need to see me enjoying your great nipples or pussy lips.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion