tuscl

OT: A crypto-currency based on a dog meme is now worth over $1 billion

ppwh
Myanmar
Saturday, January 6, 2018 7:07 AM
[view link] From the article: "the cryptocurrency has risen more than 400 percent in the last month — though one dogecoin is still worth just over 1 cent." Is anyone investing in this? Any pointers for potential investors considering investing in Dogecoin vs. Titcoin? It sounds like this could be a good time to get in on Dogecoin at least, given its relatively low price this month compared to other altcoins like ripple.

4 comments

• JohnSmith69
    6 years ago
    The next “crypto currency” will probably be called something like “worthless piece of shit,” WPOS for short. It’s gonna be the next big thing.
  • ppwh
    6 years ago
    @JohnSmith69, I would be careful about investing in a coin with that name. While researching Titcoin [view link] (TIT), I saw that AnalCoin (ANAL) has gone inactive. I suspect it could be a result of users of this cryptocurrency attempting to exchange it for goods or services, being told "Take your AnalCoin and shove it up your ass!" Likewise, DickCoin (SMD), is dead. My educated guess is that the market fundamentals are such that early adopters and other altcoin investors prefer Tits to Dick. I think most people are a bit suspicious of people who don't like dogs, though, which could be a factor in DogeCoin (DOGE) performing well in 2018, especially if the developers release software updates to improve the platform. Also, DogeCoin is used on sites like Twitter and Reddit in exchange for tangible physical items. I haven't seen the numbers, but my gut read is that Twitter and Reddit have more users and public mindshare than sites like [view link].
  • Dougster
    6 years ago
    To the moon!
  • Eve
    6 years ago
    Dogecoin.... at first I thought this was a joke/clickbait article. Then I looked it up on the rest of the web. What the fucking balls.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion