tuscl

Interesting times

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Thursday, December 7, 2006 5:41 PM
So my new job is going great, thanks for asking. The downside is no telecommuting and longer hours, meaning theis board isn't a very high priority (that goes for stripclubs too so don't take offense since you aren't hot naked chicks). I peek in on occasion without logging in just to see what's up. This last time was a bit of a surprise. Shadow always seemed to like generating controversy, apparently he found the limits. I always appreciated his efforts to keep the conversation lively, if not always how he went about it or the outcome.

5 comments

• chandler
    18 years ago
    Congrats on your completion. This new job must be training you to see things through to the finish.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Congrats on your new job. Was going to say that first.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    My average work week is supposed to be 40 hrs a week but I don't think I've worked anything close to that in any one week in over 2 years. 47 to 50 or so hours a week seems to be getting annoyingly common since it seems to be expected especially with me having to do double the work if I take a day of vacation since all the work I missed is saved for me to do when I get back. My work is piled up even more if someone in top management decides I need to be in their all day special meeting. Then when I least expect it in the coldest winter in years, someone decides to do a project that requires me to go to Siberia or some extremely cold place. Oh well, that's work for me at an average to sub average pay rate for my line of work.
  • AbbieNormal
    18 years ago
    Thanks for asking, as alluded to, the job is great. Even the hours don't bother me too much since I'm loving the work, dusting off the synapses, clearing out the cobwebs. My average workweek is 50 hours, but that is because THEY NEED ME!! My last position was fairly important to the activity I'm involved in, and they did tell me how improtant I was...after I accepted the new position, and actually I'm still doing a fair bit of my old job under an agreement between my old department and my new one (hence 50 hour weeks), but I'm lovin' it. Oh, and on my last birthday I had my first lapdance "to completion" ever. Interesting times.
  • Mickkeyc
    18 years ago
    confuscious say may you live in interesting times; yes it has been interesting. so how is the new job, I am sorry it cuts down on your clubbing
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion