tuscl

What happened to Christie's Cabaret Phoenix

osogrande
Maryland
Perhaps I'm just showing my age, but on my occasional visits to Phoenix since the 90s I recall patronizing Christie's Cabaret. Now, the TUSCL page lists the Christies in Tempe, but not the one in Phoenix (on North 32nd St., not far from Sky Harbor Airport). Interestingly, the Christie's (corporate) website still has a page for the old club at the address I remember. Can any of the PHX members tell me whether the place is still operating? As I recall, it was a big, impressive-looking place where the dancers were hit-or-miss. Planning to be back in the desert soon, and looking for perspective about why the TUSCL listing vanished. Thanks in advance to anyone who can give the 411.

6 comments

• etsutwigg222
    7 years ago
    Been shutdown for well over a year now. It used to be the place ballplayers and high rollers high out. Bad management and bad location did it in. Most dancers migrated to BSC or HL at first.
  • Chili Palmer
    7 years ago
    Aside from being run into the ground by the owner's family mis-managing it, it has been closed for renovations for well over a year. I know, because my company is a main contractor on those renovations and still have some material waiting to be installed. Should be re-opened in 2018, but I won't give it a timetable. The owner changes his mind more often than shailynn mentions juice in a post.

CP
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Great looking club located in a low rent industrial area. So, someone’s solution is to put even more money into it ? Why would that succeed if the same approach failed last time ?
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    “The owner changes his mind more often than shailynn mentions juice in a post”

LMAO
  • osogrande
    7 years ago
    Thanks, gentlemen. I appreciate the update.
  • JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    Whatever happened to L1oydSchoene? Did he get band?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion