tuscl

Basement Clubs

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
We used to have in San Mateo one "Club-Anti". It was in the basement. I really liked it. I think the basement is a good and natural place for a strip club. For one thing, it doesn't have any windows. For another, it seems to kind of fit with the ambience of it all.

Now, that it is long closed and the building demolished, I can say this. I think on paper Club-Anti did not exist. Rather the entire building and the liquor license were for the upstairs, "Vibes", a blues bar. Because Club-Anti did not exist there was no official knowledge or resident knowledge of there being a strip club in town.

I think it was good deal. Not all clear span, columns and load bearing walls throughout, VIP Room and Dressing Room just improvised places, cubby holes. But overall a very fun and workable place. Just one small sign on the side door entrance which said, "Club-Anti". No advertising. There was an interior stair case which was blocked off. But it could easily be forced open in any emergency. Maybe one other emergency exit too.

Wasn't there a place in Dallas, "The Cellar", known because it factored in to the 11/22/63 event?

How many people have been to basement strip clubs, where, name, how did you like it? Do you think being in the basement seems to make the beautiful girls in little more than high heels and makeup even more enjoyable, making the whole place into a sort of alternate reality?

SJG

2 comments

• Mate27
    7 years ago
    Faggit!! ^^^^
  • JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    What's the point if this post? Stupidity....

Stupid
    Stupid
    Stupid
    Stupid
    Stupid
    Postssssssss from SJG. Why?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion