tuscl

Strippers text messaging

Ok, I've never owned a cell phone so I'm not too familiar with text messaging. Is this something that only works from one cell phone to another cell phone? I had a stripper ask me for my phone number and she tried to send me a message but only got an error message. I was actually kind of glad it didn't work because I was then shown what she was trying to send me. Something she thought was funny. Can you tell what the senders phone number is when you get text messages?

8 comments

• pop
    18 years ago
    Once you know the cell company you can send it direct to the phone and skip teleflip. Still. I think many phones have a limit on length.
  • lotsoffun201
    18 years ago
    pop

I tried the teleflip site....very cool but you have to keep your messages pretty short. The only problem is no long dissertations on what you would like to do etc......LOL

• casualguy
    18 years ago
    pop, thanks for the info

book guy, I know what you mean but it seems to be even worse where I live at in South Carolina. Here a state legislator was proposing to make it a law that everyone who got stopped by the police got a DNA sample retrieved for the police to use in a large database. I don't like that and hopefully it got dropped since I haven't heard about it lately. I think only convicted criminals should be required to submit to having their DNA kept in a large database. I mean just because some police officer stops you, that means it's ok to take my DNA? wrong wrong wrong especially if I'm not guilty of a crime but some police officer thinks one way or the other. For the crime of being stopped by the police, I or you would get their DNA on permanent file. Some police officers act like they own the area they live in and shouldn't be allowed to terrorize. Seems like an invasion of privacy but some people don't seem to care about privacy anymore. Sounds like a scene out of a movie where someone is convicted because the police suspect they might do a crime. I think even some in law enforcement expressed concern about putting the DNA of the innocent in a large (maybe national) database. I guess in the future things will be simplified and once you're born, you will have a DNA sample and finger prints put on file because we're all potential criminals. Privacy seems to be gone with the wind. Not to mention any concerns that DNA testing could reveal who may be more susceptible to certain diseases and then insurance companies could raise your premium or drop your coverage without any law against that. There's no telling what your DNA may tell about you in the future. Thanks for listening to my ramble.
  • pop
    18 years ago
    You can text a cellphone from an e-mail address. Just send an email to [email protected]. When you get a reply the teleflip will be replaced by the actual phone service provider code. That way you can use a throw-away email.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Paranoid? Me too. Just this week, the Bush administration announced (almost silently) that they Attorney General's office is going to start making it standard practice to fingerprint, and record in a national database, every single human who is ever detained by police. Not arrested; not convicted; DETAINED. That's right. If you get pulled over at a standard traffic-stop type of road-block on a Friday night, you're on your way to church, you haven't drunk liquor in twelve years, you are driving Jessica Tandy and Mother Teresa to the Nobel ceremony, they can lean in the window and demand your fingerprints and post 'em on some goddamned police internet for all and sundry to use, mis-use, and generally convict you with.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    Unfortunately I believe most cars already have black box recorders in them but they don't transmit the information. I suppose if you were in a wreck, the court could use the information against you. I don't like my own property being able to be used against me. I guess I'm a little paranoid of all the government monitoring, tracking, of all of us. I believe it's only a matter of time before the government encourages everyone to get a free cell phone so that they can track everyone easier. Of course the NSA already has secret codes built into Windows so that they can monitor anyone on the net. I guess having a GPS tracking device in your cell phone always on you would seem like no big deal.
  • casualguy
    18 years ago
    I remember one girl came a little closer than most into talking me into getting a cell phone so that she could contact me easier. She failed. Now that there is tracking included in the cell phones, I'm even more reluctant to get one. I don't like the thought that big brother could be tracking my every move. I guess if I saw more of a need for it and the service was free, I might get one. I just don't see a need for being next to a phone 24 hours a day.
  • Book Guy
    18 years ago
    Casual:

Depends on your own cellular phone and service level, but most of the recent ones accept text-messages as a basic level of service. If you have the screen for it on your particular handset, I can't imagine that any given CELL phone wouldn't have the capacity for it. But a land-line phone? Unlikely, because it doesn't have a scxreen. No reason you couldn't get a nicer land-line phone from Radio Shack, but then would your local Ma Bell know how to transmit the text information along the last mile of wires to your house, once it's out of digital service and into analog, you oldster? Probably not.

Some cellular service levels, by the way, block texting out because you haven't paid for it. Texting usually costs about a nickel a message, added on to the regular monthly price, unless you've set it up to have some set price for a limited number of messages in your service package.

Texting, "mobile email" (not to be confused with, getting your email by a more normal method but via your cell phone), web browsing to mobile-phone-ready internet sites, receiving and sending "real" emails, are all forms of data transfer. The texting is the most basic, and has been around the longest. You can get a cell phone monthly service package that allows a certain amount of any or all of the above, limited by total megabyte usage, or by time. It all just depends on what you've signed up for. But because texting is so basic, they usually put that into the service package from the start, charging by the message.

By the way, it would cost YOU a nickel to READ the message, too, probably. Dastardly scheme ... IF you had a cell phone.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion