tuscl

Money makes people idiots

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
Ever since I started this sc hobby I've often been baffled why some of the dancers would ruin a good p4p relationship for such short term gain. I have had several honeys I was considering promoting to favorite status lose their candidacy by obviously over counting songs or pulling some other SS.

I've also experienced having to fire OTC honeys due to greed or some other BS that was just stupid. I had one long term favorite purposely run up a bill during dinner for some stupid fucking reason ruining a perfectly good win/win p4p relationship.

In reality though, it just reflects how stupid most people get around money. It makes them crazy. In my lifetime, I've seen close families torn apart fighting over inheritances for very small amounts of money.

I've seen lifelong friendships shattered for minuscule amounts of money that were borrowed and never paid back. In my youth, I've lost a couple of good friends by loaning money that was never paid back. In all this carnage, the amounts of money were intangible.

8 comments

• etsutwigg222
    7 years ago
    Never bring happy with what you have is the generation we have raised. Something for nothing or the attitude of entitlement slips in everywhere, even the sc. That is why we Pl's need to hold firm against the Golden Pussy Syndrome. At best, it should be Silver Pussy!!!!
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    If they really had street smarts they would pay back their family and friends first before paying their rent or transportation costs, even. That's how it is supposed to work but rarely does.

@Lone_Wolf said: "I've often been baffled why some of the dancers would ruin a good p4p relationship for such short term gain."

^^^Unless I'm stretching, I think some of this relates to B.F. Skinner's research with mice and birds, which seems to loosely apply to humans as well.

--> "we are more likely to repeat an action or avoid an action based on the duration of time between the action and an accompanying reward or punishment. If we receive a reward or punishment directly after an action, we develop a strong association between that action and its consequences. If the reward or punishment is a long time coming, we don’t develop as strong of an association, so we’re less likely to repeat things in spite of reward, and more likely to repeat things in spite of punishment." --> END QUOTE

^^^ That and we're more like to say "it's okay, you can pay me back whenever" whereas the bill collector is more apt to say, "pay us back now, bitch, or else."
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Most dancers have not landed in strip clubs via an abundance of common sense and critical thinking.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    This reminds me of a time I was at a club and as per usual, I tipped $5 to one of my top targets when she was on stage. She did stop by my table when she got off stage and I bought ONE dance with her. It was a one-and-done scenario and I will not repeat with her. There was something about her attitude that I didn't like.

Even though I was a regular at this club, this girl felt the need to tell me "dances are $20 plus tip". The whole "plus tip" part rubbed me the wrong way. Her dance was good enough to deserve a tip on top of the dance price, but the fact that she openly demanded a tip is the reason why I won't buy dances from her again.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    -->"Most dancers have not landed in strip clubs via an abundance of common sense and critical thinking."

lol, signed. There's a lot of impulsiveness: I had an ATF who was the sweetest most awesome thing ... but when rent was coming up and she was broke (how in the world did she make so much $ and end up broke so much?) she was positively SW-like, jacking up the price of lapdances and demanding tips of customers who she sensed were newbies, etc. She had the brains not to do that to regulars, but on bad months, a few days a month she was a shark.

The other thing I've noticed about many strippers is how passive aggressive they can be. There's some perceived slight, and they stew on it and get angrier and angrier, and then use some passive aggressive method to get back at someone. In fact, this scenario: " I had one long term favorite purposely run up a bill during dinner for some stupid fucking reason ruining a perfectly good win/win p4p relationship." I would bet ANYTHING that that's what was the root cause, she was stewing on some perceived slight (maybe you said something, more likely she didn't think you were paying her enough for what she was doing for you) and getting you back in a subtle way was far more important to her than your continued patronage. I know so many strippers who engage in this type of passive aggressive action, leaving customers with "WTF, why did she do that?" reactions
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    s275... ditto.
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    @s275 "The whole "plus tip" part rubbed me the wrong way."

Tips are always possible . . .
    until asked for.
  • stripfighter
    7 years ago
    It's not the money that makes people that way... it's what brings it out of them.

My take here is if this keeps happening to you, you're either too sensitive or not assertive enough. I see the SS as bringing me back down that these relationships are clearly P4P.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion