tuscl

Godspeed Tom Petty

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 3:48 AM
"On behalf of the Tom Petty family, we are devastated to announce the untimely death of of our father, husband, brother, leader and friend Tom Petty. He suffered cardiac arrest at his home in Malibu in the early hours of this morning and was taken to UCLA Medical Center but could not be revived. He died peacefully at 8:40 p.m. PT surrounded by family, his bandmates and friends," [view link] [view link]

8 comments

• londonguy
    7 years ago
    Gifted guy. An American Girl was my favourite.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    His songs provide for some great memories. Very talented musician. Saw one of his concerts in the 80's and he put on a great show. RIP.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I was never much of a Tom Petty fan, but the Heartbreakers were brilliant!
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    We all are dying, it's sad that so many of our rocker stars are passing this year. Thank you Mr. Petty for your brilliance and artistry. RIP.
  • DisRuptive1
    7 years ago
    22000 went to see Jason Aldean; 59 of them also got to see Tom Petty.
  • Cowboy12
    7 years ago
    I got to see Tom Petty in concert in West Palm Beach earlier this year. He was always one of my favorite artists. RIP
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    Talented musician. Have enjoyed his songs through the years. Super sad as he was settling down away from touring to spend time with his grandchildren. RIP
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Not big into his music but def impressed with the length of his career and staying relevant over multiple decades. I do love his long-ago duet with Stevie Nicks "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion