tuscl

Miami High School’s Dance-Team Costumes and Routine Under Fire as Being Too Risq

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Future Strippers of America.

http://thegrapevine.theroot.com/miami-hi…

11 comments

• Dougster
    7 years ago
    That pedophile vinceygirl going be whacking off to that article for the next month.
  • warhawks
    7 years ago
    Papi Chulo has all of a sudden taken an interest in Miami FLA high school football...
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I live in NJ and the clubs here aren't nude or topless (if they serve alcohol) - so those cheerleader outfits aren't too different from what I've seen on stage. In my opinion - if they didn't have fishnets and those high boots - they might be similar to other cheer outfits.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Damn - I wasn't expecting it to be ebonies - they all have the same body type though (on the petite side but I guess that's the way they're supposed to look on a dance team).

The school in question, Miami Northwestern Sr High, used to be a perenial HS football power-house and the best in FL and won multiple state titles in the 2000s in FL and were among the best teams in the country
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    I graduated in '88 (not from that school) - my school also had a dance-team that made all the guys drool during pep-rallies - they wore tight leotards w/ flesh-colored leggings and a g-string in the back (w/ the booty covered w/ the flesh colored leggings type thing)
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    I see nothing wrong at all. They look great.
  • dallas702
    7 years ago
    I wonder if there is a FSA club at my local high school? I might start going to High School football games, just to scout next years local strip club dancers!

And Papi, I graduated high school in 1969 - and I assure you there were NO butts in sight on the flag girls, drill team, or the cheer leaders. We had to fantasize what they might look like under tight (but thick) sweaters over thick bras, "boy shorts" style pants under skirts that reached at least to mid thigh, and leotard-leggings that completely covered anything that might have otherwise peeked out.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I don't have an issue with showing skin, and the natural sexuality of a young woman's body, but I think the lingerie look of the stockings is overtly sexual for underage girls, and school athletics. It like they are marketing them that way. If it were even a private dance academy, I wouldn't care, but not for a high school.
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    I agree that these "costumes" are way over the top.
    You need to keep in mind some of these girl may be in 9th grade and be only 14 years old.
    School is not the place for that.
    Forced exposure and over sexualization of children can really screw up a child not to mention it is just plain CREEPY! Who ever the "Adult" is at that school who designed that costume or allowed it I would suspect as a pedophile.
    Let kids be kids and stop making them into sex objects at 14.
    Where are the feminists to protest this...oh wait I'll bet woman designed the non-costume so it is OK but men are pigs if they look!. If you don't want men to look that don't dress like that.
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    I think they look cute. Unless the girls themselves are complaining, they shouldn't be forced to ditch the costumes.
  • Dominic77
    7 years ago
    The problem isn't the skin showing. We've changed cultural mores since the '60s and '70s dance squad days, so the skin isn't the problem.

The problem is the outfits resemble gartered ladies nylon stockings (thigh highs). That's the problem. That's why it is inappropriate.

Here's another analogy. Look at stripper heels. It's no coincidence platform stripper heels are made to resemble a dominatrix. That's intentional.

I think it's intentional that the dance squad outfits are made to look like gartered nylons. It's intentional and that's the problem.

Also the fronts a built in a way to get around "bare midriff" which is also a no-no for many schools. So while BUILT TO CODE the outfits are inappropriate.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion