OT: Carmelo Anthony traded to OKC, Trump withdraws GSW Whitehouse invitation

chessmaster
Illinois
Saturday, September 23, 2017 5:29 PM
!!!

74 comments

• vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    OK, Donald get on the court and show us your stuff. We'll see who the chump is, Not Carmelo by any means.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    The Knicks got the better of that trade, no doubt.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^ I agree the Knicks certainly did.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    He only withdrew his invitation because he knew none of the Warriors would go (at least not the players, and Kerr would probably follow suit in solidarity with his team). I actually like Lebron's response to the tweet. "U bum @stephencurry30 already said he ain't going! So therefore ain’t no invite. Going to White House was a great honor until you showed up!" Hahahaha
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^I certainly wasn't a fan of the take a knee crowd in the NFL but after Trumps latest outburst I think as long as he is POTUS they should all take a knee. I agree with Curry and LeBron.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I like Curry, but I do find it classless to turn down an invite to the White House. Even if you don't like the President it is disrespectful to the office. Granted I'll never be in the situation, but I would have gone if I got invited even if it were Obama or Carter occupying the Presidency.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @flagooner I would have agreed with you a year ago this fat fuck, is the most classless, ungracious, most bigoted ignoramus we have ever had the misfortune to hold an elected office in this country. The man is a monumental disgrace!
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ Regardless. It's the way I feel about it.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Agreed, twentyfive. And possibly one of the first times I've agreed with Lebron. And btw flagooner, it wasn't just Curry who declined the invite. Kevin Durant said he wouldn't go and said his teammates all feel the same. I don't blame them. Lebron would've done the same thing, and his teammates would have done the same as well.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ Then I disagree with them too. Like I said, it's an invite from the Presidency, not the President.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @flag your entitled to your opinion but I feel differently.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Not everyone has to have the same opinion as me, they are fully entitled to be wrong. ;-)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Agreed !
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Here’s the political calculation. About 90% of NBA and NFL players are black while 90% of fans are white. By highlighting the National Anthem protest, Trump gets the support of two thirds of white fans and voters on the issue. He knows he has already lost the black vote and the one third of white voters who vehemenently oppose him. He also drives a wedge between players and fans, which causes chaos among those opposed to him. While this move may, or may not, be racist, it’s a smart move politically. He solidifies his support among conservative and moderate voters.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Trump is something else haha.
  • ButterMan
    7 years ago
    trump is a fucking 7 year old child!
  • Corvus
    7 years ago
    I have always wondered, for many years now, doesn't the President of the United States (regardless of who it is) have more important things to do than pander to some damn team that won the title? What a waste of time and money for all involved.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    A tweet that summarizes this “Democrat media is about to spend a whole weekend defending multimillionaire athletes who disrespect our flag Gosh I wonder why Trump won“
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^ look man you can spin this any which way you want it doesn't matter there is no reason for the POTUS to be such a thin skinned whiny little bitch, sorry buddy you and everyone else that's going to give me shit know that this is just wrong.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ^ I agree with that statement, but it doesn't change the fact that the athletes are just as whiny and egotistical. Granted, more is expected of POTUS, but that doesn't excuse it. You don't get forgiven for sticking up a liquor store by arguing that it wasn't as bad as some other guy that robbed a bank.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    There are 9 Democratic Senators running for re-election in states that Trump won. I guarantee that every one of them will face TV ads featuring video of anti-fa, black lives matter, and athletes taking a knee. That alone, in states like North Dakota and West Virginia, may be enough to win. Trump’s opponents characterize his tweets as being a result of thin skin or stupidity. In this case, and others, they are cleverly laying the groundwork for 2018.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^That is not an argument that I'm making at all my argument is simple, it is unseemly that the most powerful man in the world needs to get down in the dirt with anyone, and this man has had more arguments with more groups and individuals, than any person who has preceded him in this office. All of this drama he subjects us to on a daily basis in both unnecessary and avoidable, instead he goes out of his way to incite and provoke, this is terrible and it is high time he proceeded to get to work.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    John McCain didn’t get down in the dirt and fight. Neither did Mitt Romney. How’d that work out for them ? I agree that Trump can be unseemly. Hell, he can be a real pig. But, he won a Presidential election running against the Clinton machine, the Democratic Party, the media, academia, and the Republican establishment. He calculated that he needed to be this way to win. Now, he is trying to pass legislation with the same groups, plus an entrenched Obama bureaucracy, fighting him. I think his in-your-face crudeness is necessary given the entrenched powers he is facing. He is fighting a guerrilla war. They aren’t pretty.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Fine I vehemently disagree, and, I and many like me will state their opinions, bet you he loses reelection if a legitimate challenge to his presidency comes out of the GOP.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    BTW This is for the record, I believe that this man is unstable, and is hell bent on provoking a war with N. Korea or Iran, and I don't trust him at all. I worry for the future of my children and yours.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I think he is crude. He might even be unstable. I don’t even know if he will seek re-election. But, he’s the only Republican to successfully oppose the entrenched Washington establishment since Ronald Reagan, so I’m hoping The Donald succeeds.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^What success, he got Neil Gorsuch confirmed, that's it, otherwise he's failing on every other part of his agenda. AFAIC he is a failure, as a leader as a man, as a role model, and any other measure that I adhere to.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Comparing how his children turned out to the Hiltons, Kardashians, and many other trust fund babies I don't think he was a failure in that department. You can argue that he was an absentee father, but the results speak for themselves.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @mark94: good analysis of the situation in this thread!
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Off the top of my head, here are some of Trumps accomplishments. All the more impressive because the Democratic Senate has blocked all his legislation ( then complained he hasn’t accomplished anything !) Gorsuch Nominate dozens of circuit and district judges Stock market record high Low unemployment GDP growth Isis territory cut in half Cut regulations Fracking, lower oil prices, and the collapse of OPEC Natural gas sales to Poland, Ukraine, hurting Russia Pipeline approval Won all congressional special elections China, Russia support North Korea sanctions Illegal immigration cut in half Fifty Arab and Muslim countries unite against terrorism
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I'll give him regulations cut but they'll be back as soon as he's out of office The current bull market run is going on 8 years I credit Yellin and low interest rates he just inherited it. OPEC has been falling apart for the last 4-5 years more about sanctions imposed prior to Trump Illegal immigration has been slowing since 2008 due to the recession trend has been continued Isis has been losing territory since 2014 also just following trend Just disagree with your take he still hasn't staffed the state dept or the White House people are actually running for the exits at the White House The damage he is doing to stir up divisions is getting reckless. No way will I concede that to you.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @mark94: We'll you were do good in this thread until that last post: "Stock market record high Low unemployment" And how many record highs under Obama? And wasn't the trend on unemployment already in place. I would say Trump did disturb the exist trends because he has had such trouble get support to get anything done. "Fracking, lower oil prices, and the collapse of OPEC" The big moves actually occurred under Obama. Not sure what Trump's supposed contribution to this is.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    Ah, looks like both @25 and I noticed similar problems in the "list of accomplishments".
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    It's laughable that people are attributing the economic boosts to Trump. Obama's fiscal regulations are still in place! Thanks Obama for the jobs and getting us out of the recession. When the new fiscal year starts (next month?) then we'll talk.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Problem with the Trump supporters is they are gullible to pitches from con men. If Trump claimed he hit more home runs than Roger Maris they'd believe him, hell he's a fat fuck claims he weighs 238 I beleive I be you get that tub of lard on a scale he hits 350 easy. Got a doctor quack quack to say he's the healthiest person to ever run for office wouldn't be surprised to find him keeled over Melania from a heart attack if she's even sleeping with that fat ass.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Anybody watching football today big league fuck you to Trump.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    For eight years of Obama, Bush was blamed anytime something bad happened. I’m prepared for Obama getting credit anytime something good happens for the next eight years. That’s what happens when the media is controlled by one party for 75 years.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    So, the entire NFL disrespected the flag today. I wonder if they’ve done any market research about whether their fans are patriotic. They’ve doubled down. I don’t think this will end well for them.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^They weren't disrespecting the flag that was all about Trump if you think otherwise you are delusional.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    If they don’t want to disrespect the flag, then make the protest any other time than during the national anthem.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^They made their point the country is getting fed up.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Didn't see any fans walking out which is what your boy said would happen.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    Trump is gonna try to take on the NFL? He won't win that battle. Trump is even losing his biggest supporters now. Rex Ryan (former Buffalo Bills head coach) joined Trump at a campaign rally in Buffalo last year and campaigned for him. Fast forward to today on ESPN Ryan says he now regrets that. New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft is one of Donald Trump's closest friends, Kraft gave one million dollars to Trump's inauguration. Yesterday Kraft put out a statement condemning Trump's comments and calling Trump divisive. The NFL commissioner is Republican, and he put out a statement yesterday condemning Trump. This isn't about left vs right. His closest right allies are blasting him. This is about Trump. America as a whole is starting to see what a disaster he is. How the hell did we let him in office???
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    If America is deserting him, why is his approval rising ?
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @mark94: You didn't answer my question: How many stock market highs under Obama? Was it because the market was anticipating a Trump election all along? Lol!
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    You realize Obama was President for 8 years and Trump for 6 months, right ? I don’t know how many stock market highs under Obama. The more important measure of economic success is GDP geowth and Teump is winning that game, even without Tax Reform.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    @mark94 I just looked at a bunch of different polls. It seems like it's anywhere from 37% to 43% approval rating. It looks like it went up in September as compared to August. It went up due to the job he did with the hurricanes (which he did a good job BTW), but it doesn't account for the statements he said this weekend. I'm predicting at least a 5 percent drop in approval for October. At some point you gotta take the politics out of it and just judge the man, not what his party is. If he was independent he'd be a disaster. If he was left he'd be a disaster. He is right wing and he is a disaster. Cruz, Rubio, Jeb Bush would have all been much better right wing candidates, but the clown at the circus got elected.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @mark94 answer Dougster, lets keep this on the facts open your eyes you've been conned, Trump is the original flim flam man, a huckster, a used car salesman, come back to reality man, the smoke is getting in your eyes.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    @mark94: oh, no. GDP is a very outdated measure. Somebody writes free software, millions of people end up using it. Did not count directly toward GDP.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I didn't see that GDP comment that has nothing to do with Trump nor does it measure how well working people. Do you realize that when factories automate their output goes way up even though there are less people working. The GDP is going to keep rising no matter what we do that is the future.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I’m trying to watch football while keeping up with all the questions in this tag team match. Bear with me.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    "Anybody watching football today.." I cut way back on NFL when the uniform changed to skirts. The display today doesn't make me want to watch it any more. A bunch of mindless followers.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Only the Giants could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    So, here’s a sports analogy for Trump. After the NFL draft each year, there are hundreds of articles determining which team was successful. A true fan knows it takes 5 years to determine how successful the team really was. Trump has been President for 8 months. Is he a success ? I think he is. A lot of you don’t. But, we won’t know for some time. Let’s look at a couple examples. Trump has changed the game with North Korea. For 20 years, Republican and Democratic Presidents showed patience and carried on negotiations. Trump said, screw that, no more patience. That has scared the shit out of a lot of people who predict war. Personally, I think it will result in a peaceful regime change in NK ( well, except for the assasination of Rocketman). Trump is completely blocked legislatively. The Republicans have 52 seats and some of those (McCain) may as well be democrats. However, there are far more Democrats up for re-election in 2018. If Trump gains all 9 seats where Democrats are running in Trump states, he can begin ramming through his legislation. If we enter a costly war with NK and the Democrats hold their Senate seats, the Trump presidency will go down as a failure. If the Kim regime falls and Republicans take 60 Senate seats, Trump will go down as one of the most successful Presidents. These aren’t the only areas where the jury is still out. Russia. China. ISIS. Health Care. NAFTA. I’ve got faith that Trump has a good game plan for all these issues. You guys don’t. Let’s give it another year or two, then revisit this thread.
  • RandomMember
    7 years ago
    Just sort of skimmed the posts, here. A lot of @Mark93's usual boring horseshit. Agree strongly with @25 that the greatest danger is Trump provoking a very serious war with NK or Iran. Kim @ Trump are like mindless, temperamental, children with nuclear weapons. The whole GSW Whitehouse invitation should have been a non-issue, page2 story -- not something that captures national attention. All of this takes attention away from the GOPs third attempt to repeal Obamacare, which will most likely go down in flames. Again.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    I don't know about that @mark94. I was always taught that leaders are consensus makers. He has comfortable majorities in the Senate and the House, so if he isn't getting consensus even with that it's a leadership failure. (And, yes, I do fault Obama as well for failing to gain consensus as often as he should have.)
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Damn it, the Hillary thread got reincarnated into this one.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Here’s the thing about RandomMember. He has never posted a single review. However, he has nearly 2,000 comments in discussions where his typical depth of comment, as above, is to declare someone else’s comment as “ boring horseshit”. Normally, I’d put a troll like that on ignore. But, for now, I’ll keep reading his posts hoping that one day he will visit a strip club, justifying his presence on this board.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @mark94 why does that invalidate his opinion I think you justdon't like anyone who pops your bubble, yet you ultra righties are always picking on liberals, of which I am not, calling them out for protesting by deriding them about shit that is totally off topic.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @flagooner don't you patronize me !
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    ;-)
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Dougster: Here are the 11 strategies that Trump uses in the Art of a Deal. Consensus is not one of them. Instead, he fights back using leverage. Given an intransigent Congress, I think that’s the right strategy in the long run. Schumer and Pelosi are used to Republicans who are willing to surrender to them in the name of consensus. Trump is something new. Think big Protect the downside and the upside will take care of itself Maximize your options Know your market Use your leverage Enhance your location Get the word out Fight back Deliver the goods Contain the costs Have fun
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^youve got to be kidding ! Nobody believes that "HORSESHIT"
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Twentyfive: What question ? I didn’t see one. Do you mean his worry that Trump will get us into war ? That’s not a question, but merely an assertion that can neither be proven or disproven.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    There was no question there prior to horsesit the question to you was why does your statement about random try to invalidate his opinion.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    You're quoting a book that that Trump paid someone else to write full of inane babble and stupid half assed theory Trump doesn't even believe that big steaming pile of crap himself.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Because RandomMember doesn’t back his opinion up with facts or logic. His opinion is substantiated only by name calling. That doesn’t invalidate his opinion. It also doesn’t present any evidence that his opinion has substance.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^You don't seem to have the facts under control yourself man, as I pointed out earlier all of those accomplishments that you credit to Trump are really majority someone else. I don't see you as a fount of knowledge neither does Dougster we both have some real world experience with markets and the economy the stuff that you ate posting comes straight from the propaganda posted by the far right. Go to fact check .org or some other reliable source with your ideas you'll get your eyes opened.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    Agree or disagree with the kneelers, I do believe that the President of The United States should be above calling them names. Neither should he tell a private business that they should fire its employees for doing something he doesn't like. Also, if Trump is a business genius, then why doesn't understand why it's not feasible (or legal) to replace and unionized employees who can't be fired mid-contract? If he wants people to respect his presidency, then he should start by treating the office he holds with respect. A nice start (8 months in...) would be not getting into an empty cultural war with professional athletes and the people who employ them. If I'm reading the news correctly, there's other stuff he could focus on.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    He's proving how *Nationalistic* he is.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    @mark94. Here is what I believe is going to happen next. Because of the NFL protests there is going to be a ton of interest and the NFL TV ratings are going to rise dramatically for the next few weeks and your clueless President Donald Trump is going to take credit for that as well, he will actually believe that he made the ratings go up because people agree with him. The sad truth is he is the cause, but it's a huge negative, his own base is starting to get tired of him, after all NFL fans are overwhelmingly part of his base upper middle class and white, my feeling is that this is the beginning of the end for him.
  • chessmaster
    7 years ago
    "Damn it, the Hillary thread got reincarnated into this one." Which was not my intention.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Don't patronize me chess;)
  • Uprightcitizen
    7 years ago
    I think we can all agree we all like boobs. Hooray for boobies! I feel the best protest would be topless kneeling cheerleaders with painted american flags on their endowed chests. Best combo of God Bless the USA and "Hey check this out I got somethin to say!". Hey, I might even pay attention to the message. Vote for me in 2020! I will bring boobies back to America!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion