tuscl

OT: Seven Days of Heroin

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
This is a grim report of the heroin epidemic from Cincinnati. I unfortunately know some people affected by heroin.

http://www.cincinnati.com/pages/interact…

7 comments

• georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    Three local girls have died in the last couple of months here. One, based on posts on her FB is currently still "alive" but only technically. Apparently a doctor has pronounced "no hope."

Shit sucks.
  • magicrat
    7 years ago
    jack...I read that too earlier this week and it was eye opening to say the least. Although I don't know them personally, I am aware of at least a couple of girls on BP who were hooked. They seem to be trying to beat it but as that article states, we have no idea how it affects people.
  • Lurker_X
    7 years ago
    Modern heroin is more potent and can be snuffed - it catches more people that otherwise would have been afraid of using/sharing needles.
  • gawker
    7 years ago
    I hung in with my ATF for 8 years while she was addicted to dope. I tried it a few times and ODed once. I had no interest or desire to use more. When I met her she was on methadone but she would relapse and go on benders which would last for weeks and longer. Then off to detox. Then rehab. Then suboxone or methadone. Sometimes she'd relapsewithin a day of ending a program. Then she'd get hooked on crack and she'd be unbearable. Sometimes I'd refuse to help her but she knew how to get money - sell pussy. She only started to look haggard once. Her weight dropped from 112 to about 90 and her skin looked slack - homeless on the streets of Worcester,MA; raped by a crack dealer, pissed herself and she called me. I saved her life more than once; I saw her nearly self destruct dozens of times.
    I kept telling her she was different than the others - she was better than that - she still had potential - she needed to learn to like the face in the mirror. She had some family support - programs in Mexico, Hawaii, wherever there was a glimmer of hope. But always relapsing after a period of sobriety. Dont get me wrong - we used each other & we cared about each other.
    Nearly four months ago I took her to detox again after she flew home from one of the rehab rip-offs in the West Palm area - her latest "rehab romance" had driven off leaving her on the side of the road with a dead cell phone & the clothes she was wearing. This time she said this is the last time I'm detoxing - if I don't make it I'll be dead within a month. She was offered a "scholarship" to a high priced private four week program, got out, stayed in a sober house for a couple of weeks and is now 100 days sober. She's fallen in love with a union construction worker making good money and they're fucking like rabbits, talking about marriage & having a kid. I didn't help her get sober. She did it herself. If she stays sober she'll be the one to make it happen. She says she loves me like a mentor or friend and I understand. I think she is special & think she'll make it. But addiction is a cruel master.
  • WetWilly
    7 years ago
    Very, very, sad.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    If you hang around strip clubs long enough, you will eventually run into a stripper that has overdosed.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    A very sad view of heroin's grip on our society. It's sad to realize how many families are torn apart by this horrible addiction!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion