tuscl

How long before SC management recognizes you

Lurker_X
North Carolina
Most of us probably just want to slip in unnoticed, and get our jollies unobserved. But I would think the management recognizes repeat customers pretty soon. How quickly after joining a club, did you begin to feel like a known entity? Did it bug you?

I'm a very different height than most people, I probably stand out. It's about the 3rd visit to a club when the owner or floor manager stops by and introduces himself. It gives me a bit of a "Welcome to Wal*Mart we are watching you" feeling, but it may also be an indication of "Don't worry too much about breaking a few minor indecency rules in VIP, we know you're spending money here."

22 comments

• Subraman
    7 years ago
    Evidently, I'm like those retarded little kids who say hi to everyone on the plane. There is literally nothing but goodness that can happen from management and the bouncers recognizing you. At worst, it's just neutral, but you have someone to talk with about why the 49ers suck so bad while you wait for Bambi to go in the back and do a bump. At best, you get some pretty nice benefits -- including considerable more leeway in the back than your average PL.

IME, you don't have to grease them or blow them or whatever. As soon as I realize I'm going to be a regular at a club, I'll introduce myself and shake the hand of the manager or bouncer when he comes by, engage in sports shit-talking here and there, and if the guy is friendly, have him do a round of shots with us. Next thing you know, I'm finger-banging Bambi, while most guys get yelled at for merely touching her thighs.

I realize many goes who go to SCs are introverts, and I completely understand why an introvert would avoid what they perceive as stressful social interactions (really, no sarcasm there). But if you're NOT an introvert, this takes no fucking effort at all -- just throw him some lockerroom talk here and there, it can actually be a relief from talking with 20 year old girls all fucking day -- and can pay off bigtime.
  • Ilovetheladies
    7 years ago
    I don't know about management but the guy that works the door at my favorite club practically knows me. He even knows my taste in women. It's a little weird but they don't seem to be judgemental. They can't be too judgemental anyway because of how they make their money.
  • indymovieman
    7 years ago
    One club I frequent, the doorman recognizes me. I've chatted with him and discovered we both have the same favorite college team...he goes to many of their games. This club is also notorious for scanning IDs. I haven't had my ID scanned...or even had to show my ID... for the better part of a year now.

Another club, both the doormen recognize me and I'll chat with them as I'm paying my cover. After I pay my cover, if a particular bartender is working, she'll come over and give me a hug and have my usual drink of choice waiting on me. I've even had a drink or two "on the house."

@Lurker - I know what you're talking about with the height comment. I'm a big guy (when meeting someone new, I'm always asked 'what position did you play in football?' I didn't play football...I was a basketball guy.) I also keep my haircut very short. For the first month going to a new club, it seemed only a few dancers would approach me. Finally, one night the doorman told me "So....I gotta ask you something. There is a rumor going around here that you are an undercover cop. Are you a cop?" I laughed and told him I was not a cop. He said he'd "let everyone know." From that night on, I've had a lot more dancers stopping by my table!

• Subraman
    7 years ago
    -->" I haven't had my ID scanned...or even had to show my ID... for the better part of a year now. "

At my fave club, I've paid the cover maybe 2 or 3 times in the past 5 years -- only because the regular dayshift bouncer or manager was out, and the door was being managed by a nightshift fill-in. I don't pay the cover, I get away with a little more during dances, I occasionally get comp'ed drinks or get charged bottom-shelf price for top-shelf pours. Honestly, even if I didn't get all those things, I like having someone to talk sports or whatever with for 2 minutes, just as a break.
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    I must have a spotlight on my head......2nd time in and I get "your back".

Admittedly I haven't been hitting the clubs as often lately but when I was the bartenders knew me, the managers knew me, and in one place the owner came over and handed me a wallet full of cover passes directly.

I 've had one warning during dances and I'm pretty sure it had more to do with the manager having his eye on the dancer than anything else.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    I learn people super fast, and I get the impression that other dancers, and bartenders do too. Our waitresses can be a little uninterested.
  • Dougster
    7 years ago
    You might want to ask the faggot RickyBoy. He has bragged about stroking managers when he visits these clubs.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    It depends on (A) the whether it's a large or small club with a lot of customer volume / turnover, and (B) what sort of spectacle you make of yourself.

As a good customer who doesn't cause problems, it only helps me to be known and recognized.
  • Cashman1234
    7 years ago
    I am tall (6'4") so I stand out in most clubs. If the manager seems cool - I'll chat with him when I see him. I'm more likely to chat with the bouncer, bartenders and other staff.

A little small talk can go a long way in making you feel more comfortable -
  • KJ702
    7 years ago
    Lol ^
    My cousin is a manager at a club out here in Houston vivid when I go there he gives me the Vip treatment

Treasures Houston managmet doesn't know me but the girls working the doors and bartenders do
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    On my 2nd visit.
    I will never be able to fly under the radar in a stripclub and that's just the way it is. Usually it works to my benefit so I'm not complaining.
  • theDirkDiggler
    7 years ago
    The benefits of being recognized is that at some clubs you can actually get comped from entrance fees (which can be as much as $20 sometimes) which is a nice perk. Also the bouncer is not as likely to check up on you as much for various reasons (no history of drama, if you get a substantial amount of dances, he might finagle some money from the girl afterwards, etc.). But yeah, being anonymous has its own benefits as well. Strangely the guys that recognize me the most are the bathroom trolls (at least at the clubs that have them). i guess almost no one else tips them...
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I think it's just a good business practice. I'll never forget, one club I started to go to, the bouncer by the entrance table shook every single persons hand, welcomed them and thanked them for coming in. Classy move in my opinion.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I don't remember how long it took but after hitting Follies twice a week for the last 5 years or so on the day shift I am pretty well known by all of the staff. I'm on a first name basis with all 5 managers and floor guys. I get in before the place is open, I've had my VIP room fees comped, etc. I'm confident that they have my back. It's a comfortable feeling.
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
    Welcome to Walmart, now get your shit and get out
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    At one club here in Phoenix the door man who was there every afternoon started to recognize me. He knew what I was there for and told me who was working that could meet my needs.
  • DisRuptive1
    7 years ago
    I've been recognized by the bouncers and the door guy lets me skip the line since he doesn't need to see my ID or have me pay cover (because I'm local). None of the managers have actually come up and talked with me but I think they let me get away with a bunch of shit. There's a no touching rule at my home club and one of the managers caught me sucking on my ATF's tit and didn't really do anything about it. I think he only came over to the lap dance area to check to see if I was fucking her (his excuse was that someone lost their ID).
  • Clubber
    7 years ago
    My places all knew me. If one goes often enough, they will know you. What interactions occur just depends on the individuals.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    I have a nice reputation with the bouncers which is good. Always stop when I walk in and chat it up with them. The bathroom troll always remembers me but he's a little creepy so I try to keep the convos brief
  • houjack
    7 years ago
    After the 3rd visit I noticed I was getting recognized. At first I didn't like it as I felt out of place. Now it's all good. I've found I'm a creature of habit. It throws off the waitress when I sit at a different table or order a different drink.

I haven't interacted with bouncers or management at all. Which I'm fine with.
  • SebastianCobb
    7 years ago
    Not really management but some will remember you even months after. It can detrimental if you have an ATF now and can pontentially lead to drama....
  • Dolfan
    7 years ago
    It varies from club to club. One of the clubs I visit once or twice a year over the past 3/4 years, the manager remembers me and comes over say hello when I come in. On the other extreme, there's a club I stopped at twice a week for a solid year and the managers never remembered me or did anything other than their usual bullshit schemes to get more money out of me. Most of the time its in between, maybe by the 3rd or 4th visit provided its within a few months.

For the most part, I don't mind. Like Subra mentioned, sometimes its nice to talk sports, guns, cars, etc for a bit while your stripper powders her nose or whatever. There's also no doubt that I get better treatment from the entire staff after getting a little more friendly with the floor/shift/general mangers. It's usually a lot of little things, a free drink here or there, I don't pay cover at night on the rare occasions I go. The time limits for the rooms basically don't apply, we're in there as long as we want to be. If my dancer wants to sit and chill with me past shift change, she won't be charged extra house fee's/asked to tip the people who came on for night shift, etc. I'm not greasing them or anything, just being friendly back.

It's not a bad price to pay for the slight loss of anonymity. If I'm going to a club frequently chances are I'm brining a stripper to my place anyway, so I'm gonna lose it regardless.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion