tuscl

Prejudice Strippers

Friday, August 18, 2017 7:17 AM
To quote the great Kanye West "Her price will go down if she ever fuck a black guy or do anal or do a gang bang" song "Hell of a Night on MBDTF Have you ever been denied service by a stripper or ignored by a stripper due to age, race, or attractiveness. If so how did you know? Was it obvious or subtle. How did you react?

49 comments

• mark94
    7 years ago
    All the time, though it's usually too subtle to notice. That's life. I play the cards I'm dealt.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Is he saying that Kim K.'s price is circling the toilet?
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Each girl has her type that she's more likely to approach, and some do have types they avoid, but it varies w different dancers and it's not always what you'd guess. It seems to even out (from my perspective) but I can see how an individual customer would feel this way, especially if there was a certain girl he has his eye on, and she keeps going up to a different type of customer.
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    Im sure, nothing blatant though like mark says. Just dont get approached. Even some black girls are racist against black.
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    I'm a young black guy, and I've probably had strippers avoid me, but I can't say that with 100% certainty. This sort of thing is more subtle most of the times....so it's not easy to recognize/notice.
  • Electronman
    7 years ago
    Good observation GoVikings. And thats what makes discrimination (racism, sexism, ageism, etc.) so difficult to detect and confront--- it is based on a pattern of behavior and you often have only a single instance that you've personally experienced.
  • GACA
    7 years ago
    I think a lot of people get racism mixed up with ethnocentrism which has more to do with culture than actually does with color. Actually find most people aren't truly racist as in color being the most important factor in the discrimination. But lot of people are culturally Centric and they want to be around cultures that are familiar with them. It's why I notice black skater guys don't get the same kinda hate other black guys do. We thought of word racism around way too much when there are a lot of other "isms" going on that actually have little to do with race
  • GACA
    7 years ago
    *We toss the word....
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Do the girls just not approach? Or turn you down?
  • GACA
    7 years ago
    Holy jeezus.... girl is that really ur rack on that avitar? Where the heck u dance @. I need 2b there :)
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Yes. Thank you :) I got tired of looking at my ass lol!
  • GACA
    7 years ago
    Well I promise you I will never get tired of looking at those ;)
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Depends on the girl, here look, and her attitude with regard to what clientele spends the most on her. For me, its typically middle-aged or oldet white guys. They tend to be business owners, engineers, consultants, doctors, and lawyers. They also tend to like conversation with me almost as much as dances (lol maybe not THAT much but you get it). When it's really busy I'll focus on anyone who might be worthy of a few dances.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    BJ: 9/10 I get what I want but I've noticed sometimes I'll get blown off for someone of the opposite race. Being a mulatto (mixed ethnicity) I'm more Tiger woods complexion than a Derek Jeter. So I've watched certain dancers pass me or other black guys up for white dudes when we've shown clear interest so with them I believe it to be a black thing. Also, in the Motor City we had a lot of Indians (country) that frequent the clubs and girls have told me it's due to them smelling or being cheap.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    Her* look. Sorry guys I was awoken hours earlier after staying up all night watching Jackie Brown and then the guys updating the furnace for every damn apartment in my large complex came knocking at my door while I was sleeping. Tried to smoke a blunt to wake up but I think it mad3 me more groggy. Eh.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    Some girls are definitely racist ab Indian guys. With black guys, it's more about who a girl sees as being her customers, and who she thinks likes her best, but also some girls strongly prefer black customers, and I'll kinda leave the black guys to those girls, if it's all the same to me. I know one dancer who is probably racist, but she keeps it very quiet.
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    I think ageism plays a part in it too by me being of the younger variety (early 30s) with good genes. I look around mid 20s so some dancers assume I do have alot off $$$ which is far from the truth.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    One of my SC buddies is black. As GoVikings says, sometimes he's avoided, sometimes it's subtle but sometimes it's not. Not jsut in strip clubs, but in everyday life, I notice little subtle acts directed at him (if I miss them, he kindly points them out to me :). He's Wesley Snipes black and a little scary looking so I imagine he gets the worst of it. But, to Nina's point, it's hard to disentangle a stripper who avoid a black guy because she is prejudiced, from a smart stripper who knows with which group she appeals the most -- and it is absolutely the case that many strippers know which race, age group, social group she appeals to the most. After all, I've heard strippers say things like, "the young party guys never get dances from me, so I don't go over to them if I have other prospects", but we don't call them young-ist.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    We also think the younger guys would prefer the young new girls (not always the best looking girls at the club), and that even if young guys have money, they won't feel as understanding ab shelling it out for our time, since they still go to regular clubs and hang out w girls for nothing.
  • larryfisherman
    7 years ago
    I see ageism the most, some strippers assume young customers don't have money and/or won't do dances so they don't approach them.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Have you considered that it might be anti-doucheism?
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    Damn not Wesley Nesley black!
  • PrimetimeSchein
    7 years ago
    You guys make all fair points though. I just wanted to hear other people's perspectives because I do see quite a bit sometimes
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    ^ you just need to be more assertive than some of the other customers ab asking the girls you like to come sit with you. I go sit w the guys who ask me, before I walk up to a new guy.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    BigTezzy: Ya. It would be one thing if he was a nice non-threatening Sinbad black, but Wesley Snipes black is a whole 'nother story.
  • GACA
    7 years ago
    Lmao....goddamit subra you funny AF
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    Let's consider another type of sales person, maybe somebody working retail. They enter the showroom and see 10 different customers, each unattended. It's a diverse group by gender, age, ethnicity and quality of clothing ( representing socio economic level ). Who should they approach first and why ? If I'm the business owner, I probably hope they approach the customer who is likely to spend the most based on past experience. That can be dangerous territory if the business consistently approaches older, well dressed customers and ignores the rest. The only answer is to employ enough sales people so that every customer gets assistance quickly, reducing the perception of bias and maximizing sales. Bringing this back to strip clubs, I don't mind if some strippers intentionally ignore me because of my age as long as several are willing to approach me. In fact, if those strippers are more comfortable with older customers, I may prefer that.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    "If I'm the business owner, I probably hope they approach the customer who is likely to spend the most based on past experience. " Actually the business owner would hope that they provide the best service to those with the highest future lifetime value and not focus on the spend on this visit. Long term mentality It is the salesperson who tends to do what you suggest to maximize their commission on this one time sale. Short term mentality.
  • LecherousMonk
    7 years ago
    My struggle is with classicm: many dancers refuse me dances just because I have no money. I expect Bernie to fix this issue in '20.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I know I've been avoided at times. It used to bother me, but not anymore. Don't want to waste money on a dancer who would give me a lame dance anyway. I'd rather not get a dance then get one with a lackluster dancer.
  • Crownand7
    7 years ago
    Most strippers can't tell my race, so I don't think I've been discriminated against. But I have met AA strippers that want nothing to do with AA customers. When I asked why, she said getting them to pay is a hassle and they try to get extras for free.
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    Some stripper won't approach me coz I'm female. Fuck 'em. As far as I'm concerned it's their monetary loss. Happens to us all at some time or other. Who knows what goes thru their little pea brains as they wander around the club searching for their next mark. But If I do notice a dancer approaching every other person in the club except me I do take some personal satisfaction in going up to her stage, taking out a bunch of singles as if to tip, and then laughing as I put them back in my pocket and head back to my seat. Kind of a dick move, but she's a bitch and I don't care,lol.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I've had black dancers in one club tell me a couple interesting tidbits. This applied to one club. The black dancers avoided approaching certain guys unless they spotted the guy tipping a black girl on stage. Some of the same black dancers said they avoided other black guys because they said in their experience they often wanted a lot more without paying as much as everyone else does. In other words they would expect more for less than say someone of a different race might be paying. Anyway if any of that is racist, it was told to me by a black dancer confiding in me. I didn't think it was racist, just how some dancers approached other guys in the club. The part about not approaching certain guys maybe white guys unless they saw them tipping black dancers might be to avoid racist white guys. They aren't mind readers. I didn't see that as racist either. I'm not attracted to several people with certain body types but I think that is still ok among us strips club mongers because we don't care about someone's genes, just if they look good to us.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I'm trying to remember some of the above. It could be they avoided other black customers because they would hit on them a lot more as well. This was just a couple comments in one club. Every dancer in different clubs could have a different opinion.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    "great Kanye West" He is a total fucking jerkoff, might be a talented jerkoff but a complete and utter jerkoff none the less.
  • lopaw
    7 years ago
    "The black dancers avoided approaching certain guys unless they spotted the guy tipping a black girl on stage." I saw evidence of this on Wednesday. I was at a local club and it had a lot of dancers working for a Wednesday afternoon. Mostly white & latina, but there were 3 fine AA dancers there too. It worked out that every time one of the AA dancers was onstage I was sitting with someone so I didn't tip them, along with a bunch of other dancers that I also didn't tip because I was occupied. None of AA dancers approached me, and I just attributed to being one of those things. After getting a bunch of dances I took my seat. Still was not approached by any of the AA dancers. Finally one went onstage and she was really cute so I tipped her a couple of bucks. I didn't even make it back to my chair when one of the other AA dancers approached me. Coincidence? I think not.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I probably hear racist stuff from time to time and don't think about it unless the comment really stood out to me. I guess part of that is because I think what race someone is should not be very important. I realize it is very important to a lot of people. I don't think race should be that important. We are all human and that's all that matters in my opinion. Well in strip clubs, attraction to certain body types is important as well.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I'm always amazed at how closely dancers keep track of what customers are doing. I'll often have a dancer who I know give me a play-by-play of what I've done since I entered the club. Not sure if I should be flattered or worried.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I have had a couple dancers tell me they are not attracted to other females and will refuse to dance for female customers. I did not ask what their hang ups about that were. I think I had 2 dancers talking to each other at my table and started to tune them out. I'm pretty sure I had until I heard one girl saying something about knocking on wood and felt a tap tap on my pants. I think I was watching a dancer on stage and ignoring them.
  • joeblow44
    7 years ago
    I've had it happen to me. A dancer asked every white customer around me for a dance, but not me. Very obvious. Funny thing was all of the guys she asked didn't get a dance, but I would have gotten dances from her! Don't get upset about it like I used to. Their loss. Plenty of fish in the sea. @ Subraman, LMAO at your last comment!
  • goosman
    7 years ago
    @mark94, I've noticed that too. A dance that I wasn't even paying attention to, nor did I think she was paying attention to me. Come to find out she was tracking my moves the entire time.
  • Juslovin
    7 years ago
    To quote Kanye again "racism still be alive they just be concealing it." So yes i've seen it, and sometimes it's not so subtle. I try to shake it off now and find another girl that fits my interests. @mark94 to use your point i like the restaurants where the manager visits EVERY table and asks how their visit is. THAT is how you separate yourself from the rest. @subraman Hearing strippers say i "don't visit those customer because ... ". I've seen many a stripper trying to figure out her next move or just hanging out because she's already made a decision for the customer. I thought all money was green but ovbiously not all completely agree. @bj99 thanks for your viewpoint
  • skibum609
    7 years ago
    People make judgments calls all the time, everywhere, based on appearance. A few of the really hard to get, always taken dancers at a club I go to, although they not my type, as I prefer the girl next door look to the super model look, walk by me without a glance every time. One I drove by after work, so instead of shorts, a tee shirt and sandals, I am nattily attired in a trial suit. Sit down, order a beer and bingo one comes over. I believe they assume that slovenly me is poor and expensive suit me is rich. From their perspective they don't get the fact that a dancer grinding on your hard on ruins a suit, so I never get dances when well dressed. Slovenly me spends like a drunken sailor.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    When I go car shopping, before I'm ready to buy, I intentionally dress down, hoping the salesperson will leave me alone. It usually doesn't work.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Kanye is great????? Only in his diseased mind.
  • vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    Don't concern yourself with those pesky car salesmen, mark94. Tearing up the deposit check you gave them for that Lambo in front of them is always an icebreaker. :)
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    I stopped being anxious about car shopping when I realized the customer has all the power and control, in spite of the game car sales people play. I can walk out anytime and go to another dealer. I don't even need to explain myself. I get what I want and the original sales person gets nothing. Hey, wait, that's like strip clubs too.
  • jewpac1
    7 years ago
    Colliseum in Detroit is notoriously bad for it. I’ve been told by a black strippers that they don’t like dancing for black guys because they may actually know mutual people and they go to white clubs to avoid seeing anyone they could know.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    I've been "denied" because I'm white, because I'm fat, because I'm ugly, and probably a host of other reasons. Since I'm not a pussy, I have fun anyway.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion