tuscl

Bed Bugs? not necessarily OT

Book Guy
I write it like I mean it, but mostly they just want my money.
So, tell me about how to get rid of bed-bug bites, bed bugs, and all you know about them.

Travel is, of course, the main way that people end up with bed bug problems. You get one in an airplane or your luggage gets one from someone else's luggage, you bring one to a hotel room, it multiplies and infests some subsequent travelers who use the same room, etc.. Also, I hear that gymnasiums are one type of place where people accidentally accumulate bed-bugs. I have looked up a lot of stuff about them on the internet, and from that information, it seems to me that strip-clubs would also be a place where it's reasonable to guess that you could catch bed bugs.

Not that you actually "catch" them, it's not like a cold or a flu virus. You just become "host" to them, for their little travel trip from where you met to where you drop them off. They then establish their own little new home where they can eat human blood off of you or off of some other unwitting visitor later.

I recently got some pretty bad bed-bug bites at one hotel, and I'm pretty miffed. I hate the bites, they itch like fuck, they are embarrassing red welts all over my shoulders and neck and arms, looks like I got caught without my orange hat during duck season and was peppered with bird-shot from chin down to navel. I put cortisone or anti-histamine cream on the individual bites (Cortaid, other brands) and that makes the itch go away for a while, but not really, I have to be careful not to scratch like hell in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping. Good news is, I haven't gotten any more bites. Bad news is, they haven't really subsided at all, it's been more than a week now.

Anybody got any cures or other suggestions? I want to go strip-clubbing tonight but I don't think I can stand being itchy, and I don't want to show the girls just how unhygienic and disgusting my skin looks. If I were to wear a long-sleeved turtle-neck maybe they wouldn't be able to see most of the sores, but it's too hot for that in fucking Florida in fucking July. And, how the fuck much should that goddamned hotel pay me off to not report them to the fucking health authorities?

13 comments

• s88
    7 years ago
    A pal of mine who is afraid of planes but smokes like a stripper took Amtrak coast to coast with me. They spent every possible second outside the train allowed smoking at all the smoke stops. I dont smoke. After 2 days, they had so many welts from mosquitos my pal got paranoid that our middle range name brand hotel had bed bugs. Top to bottom welts like hit with bb shotgun. I slept in the bed next to them same and had zero welts and thought it was BS paranoia and they were off their psych meds again. My pal takes 6 doc pills a day. Actually does need them. My friend tried to sterilize and de-bed-bug their roller bag at the laundromat. On the return trip my bed bugs I made them put on DEET and long sleeve pants and shirt no matter how hot it is outside during a smoke stop. Zero welts. I was right. Mosquitos.

I always have a mini maglite in my rollar bag. If it is a motel in my home town, I use phone flashlight. First thing I do in a room is, everytime I lift the mattress off the box spring or frame and look for trash and bed bugs. I have to see the orig fabric of the mattress and its corner stitching. The edge stitching fabric seam is where bedbugs hide supposedly. Worst I've ever found is hair, candy wrappers, and a dying poisoned roach.

Get a script for fluocinonide cream. Works great against poison ivy so strippers dont think I got leprosy.

Since ya say ya in Florida, you really sure thats bed bugs or just being eaten alive by mosquitos in the swamp land? As for the hotel, find the corner of bed frame/bed matress with bed bugs. Photograph it and trip advisor it. The bed bugs leave poop and it looks like black mold dust supposedly in the seem where they live on your bed. Get some clear plastic tape and try to catch some for management to confront them. I doubt the hotel will comp you anything. If they got bedbugs, they probably aren't a chain hotel but indy hourly place that doesnt care. If it is a chain hotel you might get some gift certs and thats it.
  • Bj99
    7 years ago
    What the fuck kind of strip clubs have bed bugs! *Horrified face* definitely off topic. *3 horrified faces*
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    I believe I've gotten munched on by bed bugs a few times staying in hotels as much as I do.

Usually the break out happens on my legs behind my knees. It's happened maybe 3-4 times. By the time I notice it, it's cleared up 2 days later.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    According to this article, the burn from wintergreen rubbing alcohol (green colored rubbing alcohol) will kill them and their eggs - buy an empty spray bottle and poor wintergreen rubbing alcohol in it and spray away:

http://m.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Bed-Bugs
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Local regulations is what kills and drives out clubs from an entire region/city, a good club will always have customers - e.g. Follies ATL you can barely find a seat on dayshift past 3 pm and on nightshift you can barely find a place to stand
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ wrong f'ing thread
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    I would try washing all bedding, with Clorox if possible. Then wash around all baseboards, moving furniture as needed. Then let it dry and apply boric acid cockroach powder. This is the best long term way to get rid of cockroaches. Put it on the baseboard ledge and where the carpet goes under the baseboard.

Then with the mattress and box spring themselves, there is a problem. You probably need to use bedroom safe chemical insecticides.

I have used Ortho, the indoor type, 1 gallon.
    https://www.ortho.com/smg/gocat/ortho-in…

I don't know if it is intended for mattresses. But just open the windows and spray it around all wall and floor corners. Do this before applying the roach powder, as for that everything must be dry.

Use up all your ortho spray, and do the mattress and box spring.

Do not let it get into electrical outlets or it will short them out, and ruin them with permanent carbonization of he insulating plastic. Seen this, had to replace a 220V stove outlet.

Then what I do is dump my clothes on the floor and wash in the shower, then put on new clothes, and then close the windows and exit for at least a few hours to let the stuff dry. Then come back and open the windows and soak the contaminated clothes in the bathtub, hand wash them.

Good Luck, and I assume you are either seeing bug bites or bugs.

Humans leave skin and lung tissue everywhere. Major food for insects, like fleas and cockroaches. So a good vacuum cleaner, and maybe a water based carpet cleaner, are your first defense.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-t…

SJG

Henri Bergson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gChhE3k2…
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    "According to this article, the burn from wintergreen rubbing alcohol (green colored rubbing alcohol) will kill them and their eggs - buy an empty spray bottle and poor wintergreen rubbing alcohol in it and spray away:"

I believe you are talking about Listermint. As I have said a million times on here, Listermint poured generously on anything will cure it. Not only does it kill all STDs after a vigorous stripper romp, it now kills bed bugs too. Most importantly, it also kills the stank breath from Juice after he's eaten 6 Fire Hot Buffalo Chackin Fangers with Ranch Dipping Sauce.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    If you don't scratch the bites they will go away more quickly. Scratching is the worst thing to do. Take a warm shower or bath and clean the bites and let them soak, then dry and use one of the products already suggested.

Some people are more susceptible to bites than others. I believe it has something to do with blood type. They love me. During my parents' custody battle I had to stay at my aunt's who lived in public housing. Terrible infestation, but my cousins did not get bit. Friends of theirs would come over and get bit.

That was my first experience with bed bugs. But they've made quite a comeback. My experience with them at my dad's gave me a lot of anxiety and was awful so I'm a bit traumatized. When I go to a hotel I check the bed thouroughly, put my luggage on a wooden surface, take off my clothes, and lay in the bed. That way I will know if they are present (they will bite me), and if they are, I'm naked so they can't stick to my clothes. This has only happened at one hotel. I was in that bed about 15 minutes and had at least 20 bites. It was awful.

They're terrible parasites. My dad had to deal with them a couple years ago. My mom's rich friends in big cities have had to deal with them. They are extremely hard to get rid of if it's an infestation. If it's only a few it's easy. When my best friend lived in Chicago she somehow got them twice but took care of the situation quickly before it got worse. Of course they have the train system in CHI and you can get them from sitting next to someone on subways/trains etc. I wish they didn't exist.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    You ARE a fuckin bed bug, shut up.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Nina, a very astute observation about our own txtittyfag.

:)

SJG
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    A quick and fast method to take the sting out of insect bites is to apply apple cider vinegar. Other things may work better. Also seems to work a bit with sunburns.

I have natural bug exterminators. Spiders and lizards. I hope one lizard didn't get lost in my garage. I have 2 different species of lizards in my yard now. I'd rather have a small lizard in my house rather than any bugs. Actually prefer no insects or lizards.
  • NinaBambina
    7 years ago
    "I hope one lizard didn't get lost in my garage."

Lmao. Sorry. That is funny though.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion