tuscl

Running a tab

Saturday, June 24, 2017 6:55 AM
I have never run a tab in a strip club. I have only been asked once or twice if I wanted to run a tab and that would have required me to use a credit card to set one up. Since I do not carry cards while clubbing it was not even an option. The fees and extra charges have to draconian and I positive the girls prefer cash! The other advantage to not running a tab is that when you want to leave for what even reason you can just get up and leave. I see from the ATM signs they charge a $10 fee minimum for the first $100 plus a $10 per $100.(a sign I recently saw) and I have been in clubs where the ATM dispenses club money only good in the club(the waitresses gave change in club money also). I have always paid as I went. I never even charge things to my hotel room when I stay in places that have bars and restaurants. I see stories of guy running up hundreds of dollars in charges and then try to duck out?? (shadowcat post earlier) How do you do that?? The most I have ever owed is the fee to the dancer for the dances just performed !

16 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    I've never run a tab in any bar.
  • s275ironman
    7 years ago
    I never start a tab in a strip club. I do run tabs in regular bars all the time, however.
  • Chili Palmer
    7 years ago
    Agree 100%. Can't be stressed enough to never bring a credit/debit card into a strip club. ATM fees are outrageous, if you're weak-willed, a stripper can get you to overspend beyond your means, a paper trail now exists of your visit, and the horror stories of being overcharged are as frequent as Detroit-area bj's. And guys who try to lap and dash are the biggest douche-nozzles of all. CP
  • Kenjamin
    7 years ago
    Yea I was shocked to see the $10 ATM fee last night. That's what I get for not going to the bank ahead of time.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    I never use a credit card or ATM in a strip club. I do run tabs in regular bars. In all of the strip clubs I go to, there's a bank with an ATM within short walking distance, so even if I needed money, just a short walk and regular fees. My cheap bone must be girthier and veinier than my bone bone, because I always (through decades of SCing) have my wallet on me, and I've never made a trip to the club ATM to overspend well beyond my intended budget (I've overspent by $100-$150 a few times, but that seems like chicken scratch)... maybe being miserly is a virtue in the strip club. Then again, the fact that the past 10 years I've clubbed in mostly non-extras clubs makes this much easier, although I don't recall it being any more difficult to keep to a budget in extras clubs.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Running a tab is a chumps game just feed her money in the front til you are ready to take her home with you !
  • samsung1
    7 years ago
    Yeah whenever I buy drinks you have to give a card to run a tab. I have been to clubs where you can stay back in the dance area racking up a $30 per song tab with dancer. The columbus clubs are good about this. The akron/cleveland clubs are ghetto and want you to pay up after x about of songs.
  • JackAstor
    7 years ago
    I've paid as I go in every bar . I started that 30 years ago when a bartender I went to HS with used to hold a card for a tab. He would then go on break and run next door to the mall with the customer's card in hand . Obviously , card security is a little better today BUT
  • Jascoi
    7 years ago
    i did all the wrong things until i wised up. too bad it took me soooooo long.
  • ATACdawg
    7 years ago
    The club I go to the most just allows me to set up a tab without a credit card.of course, I've been going there for six years, know most of the bartenders, tip well and have never stiffed them on anything. I don't know if everyone gets that treatment.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    I always run a tab for drinks in my Detroit strip clubs and pay with a credit card. The amount can be $200 to $400 if I am partying with a bunch of strippers. I've only had 1 problem--being double charged--and the club quickly corrected the error.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Where I live all the strip clubs expect you to pay drink by drink. As far as dances, as I have said, always paid up front. Safer. Holding on to the money does not get you out of paying and it does not improve the quality of the dance. SJG
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Never been much of a drinker particularly w.r.t. overpriced (and often watered-down) SC drinks; so no need to run a tab besides the fact I'd never trust a strip-club w/ my credit-card; could be I wouldn't have any issues but "trust" and "strip-clubs" don't mix well so IMO best not to find out the hardaway
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I only enter with cash. I leave cards at home. I don't drink alcohol. I get water or sprite. Everything I do in the club can be taken care of with cash. If I need to use a CC in the strip club, I shouldn't be in the strip club. But that's me, to each their own.
  • maho
    7 years ago
    The clubs I visit in Detroit have no problem running a tab, but paying cash when I go to leave. Have never had an issue. Lately have been able to go into the clubs I visit and start a tab without having to even give them my card - either the servers have recognized me or have had a server smile and make a comment they can trust me. Cool with me. Have found when I have a tab open, most times they will only charge me once for a diet coke when I've actually had anywhere from 2-4. And it's easier with an open tab buying a dancer a drink rather than dipping into my pocket each time for cash to pay.
  • busta_nut
    7 years ago
    Always ran tabs with CC in clubs and never had any problem.. hell even left my card overnight with the bar by mistake at my "home" club with no problem.. The bartenders knew that nothing went on my tab without my approval.. Dancers on occasion tried to be slick and "put a drink on my tab" but were shut down and told no... Plus i have a very good memory and only drink certain things... only downside was that on a few trips i did overspend but it was only money..
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion