tuscl

Strip club manager or attorney?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Friday, June 16, 2017 12:12 PM
Today a stripper told me that the manager on duty used to be the club attorney. Could this be true? Are managers paid that well? I drive a nicer car than he does. :)

21 comments

• twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Ask JS69 all lawyers know one another )
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Maybe he decided he didn't like being an attorney
  • joc13
    7 years ago
    In today's environment you practically have to be an attorney to own or operate a strip club. Maybe it was his dream semi-retired job. I'm 11 years into my 2nd career (where I traded less pay for less stress and more time off than my first 20 years), and I'm starting to consider what my semi-retired job is going to be. And if it was as a club manager of any type of club, I wouldn't be driving a fancy car to work - re Roadhouse. Mad drunks don't just go after the bouncer's cars.
  • sflguy123
    7 years ago
    That's nothing the bathroom attendant at my fav club was a doctor in his homeland. :)
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    ^^^Be funny if he was a proctologist )
  • VeryBigDawg
    7 years ago
    There is guy that sits in the security seat. Somebody said he is the club attorney. Probably true and would make sense for him to sit in for missing manager.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Best guess is that the club lawyer was disbarred and now works for the club in a business capacity. But it's hard for me to imagine that any kind of lawyer works at Follies. A couple years ago I walked in a grocery store and saw a lawyer in town there. He was the store manager. I asked what happened and this is the job he got after he was disbarred.
  • bubba267
    7 years ago
    I'd imagine the main manger, if that's who youre referencing, is making pretty good money. It wouldn't surprise me if the club was grossing $6M a year. If so $200k would be a potential salary. Car he drives doesn't mean anything.
  • goosman
    7 years ago
    There is a lawyer down here who represents a lot of strip clubs and let's just say he has gotten waaaaaaaay to involved in his work
  • eyeamlong
    7 years ago
    Strippers don't lie !!!!
  • motownkid
    7 years ago
    Busy clubs - Managers are making good money - busier the club the more the money. Plus a lot of side undocumented money. Now is it worth it? That is a whole different question..
  • crazyjoe
    7 years ago
  • jester214
    7 years ago
    Not every attorney is making a boatload. But yeah, disbarred seems possible. Hell he probably had enough dirt on them that the owners didn't have a choice.
  • gawker
    7 years ago
    There's a lot of lawyers who don't practice law. Many in real estate sales & insurance. Fact of the matter, there's too many lawyers ( NO SHIT, Sherlock). I know some teachers with law degrees ( and some of them passed the bar!).
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    Guessing the manager at a place like Follies is doing ok on pay.
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Make that manager. attorney or owner... In the late 1990s, at the twilight of his career, Jack partnered with another entertainment attorney, Steven Youngelson. A native of New York, Steve graduated from the University of Connecticut before obtaining his law degree from Suffolk University in 1973. Steve practiced in Atlanta from that year forward, specializing in entertainment -- particularly adult entertainment -- litigation for 25 years. Along the way Steve founded some of Atlanta's premier nightspots, including The Punchline comedy club in Sandy Springs and The Follies adult nightclub in DeKalb County. Steve's raw intelligence and innovative legal theories earned him a reputation as a powerful negotiator.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    So is one of the managers Jack or Steve or you don't know the manager's name. What is the link to the info above
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Papi - My original post referred to a day shift manager who's name is Steve Shine. Here is the link: [view link] This might explain how Follies gets away with so much shit. :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ thanks
  • chandler
    7 years ago
    What we have here is a case of two guys named Steve. Steve Shine the day shift manager is the nephew of Steve the part-owner and strip club attorney.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    ^ thanks for the clarification
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion